Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414 ... 482  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Los Angeles, CA (November 16, 2018) Popular female fighter Louisa ‘Bang Bang Lulu’ Hawton, (8-2-0, 4 KOs), of Perth, Australia will once again face off against Mexico’s Brenda ‘La Bonita’ Flores, (15-4-1, 3 KOs) of Tijuana, Mexico in a featured ten-round world title fight rematch headlining the undercard at UNDISPUTED on Saturday, December 8, 2018 at the StubHub Center in Carson, CA. In their outstanding first clash, Flores was victorious by split decision on September 8, 2018 at the Forum in Los Angeles. Flores will be defending the WBC Atomweight World Title earned during their first bout.

UNDISPUTED is headlined by the Consensus #1 Ranked Women’s Pound-for-Pound Fighter and Undisputed Women’s Welterweight World Champion ‘The First Lady’ Cecilia Braekhus (34-0, 9 KOs),

defending her titles (WBC, WBA, WBO, IBF, IBO) against two-time world title challenger, Aleksandra Magdziak-Lopes, (18-4-3, 1 KO), a native of Gilwice, Poland, now based in Marshfield, MA in the televised ten-round main event. Magdziak-Lopes also holds a victory over Braekhus’ recent opponent Kali Reis. The event will be televised live on HBO Boxing After Dark Beginning® at 10:20 p.m. ET/PT.

Presented by Tom Loeffler’s 360 Boxing Promotions, advance tickets priced at $25, $50, $100 and $150 can be purchased through AXS HERE .The StubHub Center is located at 18400 Avalon Boulevard, Carson, CA 90746. For more information please visit their website at www.StubHubCenter.com.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Deontay Wilder 

I'm excited for December 1, it's been a long time coming. Now we're finally here. The countdown begins. One thing about getting into camp, having great sparring partners to come and give you a visual of your opponent and you break your body down through strength training and gym work and then it comes that point in time where you feel like all that hasn't gone in vain; the time is here, the time is now. 

That's what I'm feeling. I feel great. I feel wonderful. This has been an amazing camp for me. The guys that we have chosen to come into this camp have given me great looks. I'm definitely over-prepared for this fight. When I get into a camp I'm already in shape when I go and most people know that about me, so when it's time, I'm ready. With this fight, it means everything to me. This is my time to shine. This is my coming-out party. Somewhere I was supposed to have been a long time ago due to different difficulties and different things up in the sport and in my life that made me not to have such things. 

But we can't talk about the past because it's now. This is the future. This is the present and I can't wait. It's going to be an amazing fight while it lasts. You know what I do so you know what I come to do. Those that have been waiting to see a body on the canvas to get knocked out and this is their first fight, they're in for a treat. They'll definitely beg to see another one again. Heavyweight boxing is so exciting at this point in time; it's on fire and I'm just so excited to be a part of the movement and I'm proud to be a part of this heavyweight division and be at the top of the podium as one of the kings of the division. 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:20 pm 
Heavyweight

The dates for the press tours are on November 19 at the Gotham Hall in New York City, and on November 20 at the Waldorf Astoria Beverly Hills, California.

The boxing public wants to see Pacquiao face better opposition than Broner and Lucas Matthysse. They want to see Pacquiao fight Errol Spence Jr., Keith Thurman, Shawn Porter, Terence Crawford and Danny Garcia. Broner is yesterday’s news, a fighter that has been on the slide since his loss to Marcos Maidana in 2013. If Broner could move back down to super featherweight, he might be relevant, but he doesn’t belong at welterweight fighting someone like Pacquiao. The major unknown about the Pacquiao-Broner fight is whether the boxing public will see the Pacquiao that defeated Matthysse or if it’ll be the guy that looked poor against Jeff Horn and Vargas. Broner has a chance of beating Pacquiao if he looks like that. Pacquiao’s stamina and his killer indict was missing in action in those fights. Against Matthysse, Pacquiao looked like the fighter he’d been a decade again when he was smashing his opposition. That fighter has been missing for so long. If Pacquiao can get back to that level, he’s going to be a nightmare for Broner.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:12 pm 
Heavyweight

SENIESA ESTRADA VS. DEBORA RENGIFO OFFICIAL WEIGHTS

PhilBoxing.com
Sat, 17 Nov 2018

Estrada vs. Rengifo is a 10-round fight for the WBC Silver Light Flyweight Title presented by Golden Boy Promotions. The event is sponsored by Tecate,"THE OFFICIAL BEER OF BOXING." The fights will take place Saturday, Nov. 17, 2018 at Plaza de Toros Calafia in Mexicali, Mexico. The action will be televised live on TV Azteca beginning at 8:30 p.m. PT. 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Roman Gonzalez is training hard for his December 8th battle with Pedro Guevara on HBO, but plans are already in motion for 2019 and beyond. “Chocolatito” tells ESPN Deportes that he’s received an offer from WBA Super Flyweight Champion Kal Yafai, hinging on Gonzalez defeating Guevara and Yafai defeating Israel Gonzalez a week from Saturday.

In addition, Gonzalez (47-2, 39 KO) revealed that while he intends to spend 2019 at super flyweight, potentially pursuing a trilogy fight with Srisaket Sor Rungvisai, he’s looking at moving up to 118 pounds in 2020 in his pursuit of a fifth world title.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Errol Spence Jr and Mikey Garcia have talked for a while, the fight has been expected to be announced, and today it was. The two will meet for Spence’s IBF welterweight title on March 16 at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas, on FOX-distributed pay-per-view.

Spence (24-0, 21 KO) is an elite welterweight, a 28-year-old southpaw who has proven himself every bit the fighter he was expected to be as a prospect, both as an amateur and early in his career.

In May 2017, he went to Sheffield, England, and stopped Kell Brook to win the IBF 147-pound title, and has since defended twice, both times in 2018. In January, he beat Lamont Peterson via seventh round stoppage, and in June, he knocked out unprepared mandatory challenger Carlos Ocampo in the first round.

Garcia (39-0, 30 KO) will be moving up two weight classes for this fight. The 30-year-old pound-for-pound contender has won world titles at 126, 130, 135, and 140. His win over Sergey Lipinets at junior welterweight was a one-off of sorts, as he went back down lightweight four months later to defeat Robert Easter Jr in a unification bout.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:42 pm 
Heavyweight

Former Men’s #1 Ranked Pound-for-Pound Fighter in the World, Roman ‘Chocolatito’ Gonzalez, (47-2-0, 39 KOs), of Managua, Nicaragua, clashes with former world champion Pedro ‘Jibran’ Guevara, (32-3-1, 19 KOs), of Sinaloa, Mexico in the televised ten-round super flyweight co-main event.

“We’re very excited to add this rematch between Louisa Hawton and Brenda Flores,” said Loeffler. “Their first fight at the SUPERFLY 3 was a tremendous back and forth battle and one of the most memorable fights in Southern California this year. As soon as the fight was over, fans wanted to see a rematch and it fits perfectly for December 8 with the event being headlined by the best women’s fighter in the world, Cecilia Braekhus.”

Scores in the first fight were 97-93 and 96-94 for Flores with the third judge scoring the bout 97-93 for Hawton. From the opening bell the bout was fought at close range with both fighters consistently landing heavy handed power shots to the head and body throughout the ten rounds as the Forum crowd stood and cheered for both of the bloodied warriors.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:45 pm 
Heavyweight

What does it mean to you to finally get this kind of big heavyweight fight in America? 

D. Wilder 
Yes, it means everything to me. Like I said before it allows me to feel like my hard work that I've put in for so many years, so many years, hasn't gone in vain. I've worked my *** off to get to this very point in my life and now I'm here. Like I said, I'm not going to cry over spoiled milk or what's in the past, I'm only going to celebrate and be happy and reflect off of my energy in a positive way of what's going on with me right now. That's all I can focus about, what's right now. Right now is the biggest fight in the world in the heavyweight division and we're going to L.A. to do this thing and bring out all the stars. 
So I cannot wait. This is my moment; this is my opportunity. I don't care what man that I may face come December the 1st, if it wasn't Tyson Fury it could be anyone; no one is going to beat me on this special occasion, on this special day, I don't care who it is. No one. This is what I've been waiting on. I do it for my children and ain't no single man is going to be able to come in and be able to do anything to me. I don't care what type of record he has, I don't care what type of skill level he thinks he's at, that don't matter. When you get in the ring, all that goes out the window; it doesn't matter. 

You're going to see what happens. I know what I'm going to do, I know what I'm capable of doing. Every word that I speak, I keep it real with people. I'm the realest champion in the world, like I said, I'm real with it. Some people can't handle real, it gets too real for them. But when you're in this game right here, when you're in this business of fights, having to be a gladiator, having to show your strength and be a king, better understand everything I say, I mean. You're all in for a treat. 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:54 pm 
Heavyweight

Big-time boxing has landed in Kansas thanks to Nico Hernandez – and the local star will prove tonight that he was born to perform on the biggest stage when he faces Josue Morales in his sixth pro outing at the Kansas Star Arena in Mulvane, KS, live on DAZN.

Tickets are on sale now from ticketmaster.com starting at just $25! Click here to book!

Hernandez became a household name in his home state after landing bronze in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, and after turning pro, he’s raced to 5-0 with four wins inside the distance.

The Wichita native has drawn big crowds in all those fights, and that caught the eye of Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn, who decided to move tonight’s card from Atlantic City to Kansas to shine a spotlight on the 22 year old.

Hernandez insists that he won’t be fazed by being part of a bill that includes his Rio teammate Claressa Shields – as the big stage is exactly where the Flyweight talent belongs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Tyson Fury bringing in Freddie Roach is a sign the Brit is nervous, says Deontay Wilder.

Roach has been added to Fury’s corner with two weeks until the heavyweight duo meet in the Staples Center on 1 December and Wilder criticised the decision to part company with Peter Fury, his uncle and trainer, who masterminded his win against Wladimir Klitschko in 2015.

“This is the biggest fight of his life to date and if I was him I would be trying to reach out to any resources when you are dealing with one of the most dangerous men in the boxing game.

The WBC king also believes Fury couldn’t handle training at Big Bear’s altitude and that’s why he relocated to Los Angles where Roach has his gym, though that has been rubbished by the Brit’s camp.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:25 pm 
Heavyweight

On Saturday night at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma, Egidijus Kavaliauskas (21-0, 17KOs) knocked out Nicaragua's Roberto Arriaza (17-1) in the third round with WBO world welterweight champion Terence Crawford watching at ringside.

Arriaza looked strong in the first round. Kavaliauskas rallied in the second, despite suffering a cut under his right eye from a head butt. The "Mean Machine" knocked Arriaza out with a crushing right to the head in the final seconds of the third round.

Bob Arum, CEO of Top Rank Boxing, promotes both Crawford and Kavaliauskas. He said they "are going to look very closely at having Egidijus challenge Crawford for the welterweight title" in the first quarter of 2019.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:02 pm 
Heavyweight

Adrien Broner appears to be taking this upcoming fight in January with Manny Pacquiao very seriously. There’ll be no Christmas turkey for him this holiday season one suspects.

That’s the thing that fans don’t see often times in professional boxing.

If a pro fighter has a fight in January or February there is no Christmas essentially for them.

They train right on through the holidays and it’s business as usual.

Broner knows that he’s coming into a fight with an older Pacquiao granted, but a highly motivated and rejuvenated Pacquiao which still at this stage of his career is a formidable man for any welterweight in the world to step in the ring with.

In many ways, it’s a fifty-fifty fight and for Pacquiao the opportunity of a Mayweather rematch afterwards means that he can’t afford to look bad in the fight really.

Broner has been notoriously up and down in his training and outside the ring lifestyle in recent years but it’s good to see him alongside Gervonta Davis here putting in the work.

Although boxing is the ultimate individual sport, having training partners even in workouts like this can give extra motivation in the gym to any athlete – or person for that matter:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:06 pm 
Heavyweight

WBO junior welterweight world champion Maurice “Mighty Mo” Hooker (25-0-3, 17 KOs) retained his title with an impressive seventh round TKO over #1 contender and hometown favorite Alex “El Cholo” Saucedo (28-1, 18 KOs) on Friday night at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Saucedo thrilled the locals when he floored Hooker with a big right hand in round two. Hooker, however, regained his rhythm and was credited with a knockdown in the seventh when the ropes held up a reeling Saucedo. Hooker then pummeled Saucedo at will until the bout was stopped. Time was 1:36.

WBO welterweight champ Terence Crawford, IBF welterweight champ Errol Spence Jr., and WBC super lightweight champ Jore Ramirez were all in the house.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Big-time boxing has landed in Kansas thanks to Nico Hernandez – and the local star will prove tonight that he was born to perform on the biggest stage when he faces Josue Morales in his sixth pro outing at the Kansas Star Arena in Mulvane, KS, live on DAZN.

Tickets are on sale now from ticketmaster.com starting at just $25! Click here to book!

Hernandez became a household name in his home state after landing bronze in the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, and after turning pro, he’s raced to 5-0 with four wins inside the distance.

The Wichita native has drawn big crowds in all those fights, and that caught the eye of Matchroom Boxing’s Eddie Hearn, who decided to move tonight’s card from Atlantic City to Kansas to shine a spotlight on the 22 year old.

Hernandez insists that he won’t be fazed by being part of a bill that includes his Rio teammate Claressa Shields – as the big stage is exactly where the Flyweight talent belongs.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:10 pm 
Heavyweight

On Saturday night at the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma, Egidijus Kavaliauskas (21-0, 17KOs) knocked out Nicaragua's Roberto Arriaza (17-1) in the third round with WBO world welterweight champion Terence Crawford watching at ringside.

Arriaza looked strong in the first round. Kavaliauskas rallied in the second, despite suffering a cut under his right eye from a head butt. The "Mean Machine" knocked Arriaza out with a crushing right to the head in the final seconds of the third round.

Bob Arum, CEO of Top Rank Boxing, promotes both Crawford and Kavaliauskas. He said they "are going to look very closely at having Egidijus challenge Crawford for the welterweight title" in the first quarter of 2019.

"I want to fight the best in the welterweight division, and the best guy right now is Terence Crawford," Kavaliauskas said. "I am ready for that fight next."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 408, 409, 410, 411, 412, 413, 414 ... 482  Next