Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:36 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489 ... 491  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:27 pm 
Heavyweight

Twitter › MikeCoppinger
Mike Coppinger
FIGHT OF THE YEAR! I give it to Spence, 114-113. Unbelievable heart from both guys #SpencePorter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:27 pm 

boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
Errol Spence winner by Split Decision over Shawn Porter (116-111, 112-115, 116-111)

The KD wouldn’t make a difference, even if all the judges gave the 11th round to Porter. It would just be 115-113 on both judges’ scorecards who gave it to Spence. Oh well, Pacquiao vs Spence here we come!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Dave Cokin
Phenomenal main event. I had Spence 114-113. Thriller!! #SpenceVsPorter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:30 pm 
Heavyweight

observer wrote:
boxing_the_no1_sport wrote:
Errol Spence winner by Split Decision over Shawn Porter (116-111, 112-115, 116-111)

The KD wouldn’t make a difference, even if all the judges gave the 11th round to Porter. It would just be 115-113 on both judges’ scorecards who gave it to Spence. Oh well, Pacquiao vs Spence here we come!

Yup bro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Aaron Scheinblum
Danny Garcia gets next? Well, congrats- you’ve found the one way to end this night in disappointing fashion. #boxing #SpencePorter #SpenceVsPorter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Boxing Kingdom
@BoxingKingdom14
·
4m
Fight Summary!

- Spence was fantastic and deserved the win.

- Porter wins the night. Clearly elite! Well done Kenny Porter also!

- Tonight shows that Terence Crawford is easily & clearly the best 147 lb in the world!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Vince Cummings
@VinceCummings81
·
10m
The PBC is so ducking predictable.
2020 looks like this...
Pac/Duckey
Porter/Thurman 2 and..............
Spence/Garcia?..... FOH!

The only thing this fight did was prove to me that Bud Crawford is the best WW in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:41 pm 
Heavyweight

FOX Sports: PBC
@PBConFOX
What. A. Punch @ErrolSpenceJr knocked down Porter in the 11th with this HUGE left hook to the chin en route to a split decision victory! #SpencePorter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:41 pm 

I’m watching the post fight interview with Spence right now. It’s not a certainty that he’ll fight Danny Garcia next. He said he's ready for the “big” names, meaning Pacquiao. No other fighter in the welterweight division can give him his biggest paycheck than a Pacquiao fight. A Crawford fight would be a close second though...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 1:45 pm 

For those who are interested, here’s the full fight —> https://youtu.be/nH0IIPINxws

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:39 pm 
Heavyweight

Thank you for d info bro

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:17 pm 
Heavyweight

With Regis Prograis set to square off with Josh Taylor in the WBSS junior welterweight tournament’s final match, Prograis explains to Fight Hub TV why he’s entering this fight with supreme confidence, and why he thinks he’s just a more well-rounded fighter than Taylor. Check out what he had to say...

Prograis on his matchup with Taylor:

“To be honest I think I’ma stop him. I really do. I know it’s #1 versus #2 in the world but I cannot see how he can beat me. I know people say it’s a 50/50 fight — to be honest they been saying that about a lot of opponents, a lot of my opponents, and I’ve been just blowing everybody out.

“So it’s not like, you know, I go in and think that I’m just gonna run through him and take him lightly, because that’s definitely not the case. As you can see, I’m still shivering from ice and I’ve been training my *** off every single day, but I just can’t see how he can possibly beat me. I just can’t see it, you know, because I got so many tools and I can do so many things in the ring and I have 23 fights and all my fights look different because I can do so many things in the ring.

“He has 15 fights and all of his 15 fights look the same. So I just feel like I’m way more versatile, and on top of that I just feel like he gets hit. He gets hit with some flush punches and he cannot take those punches from me. I was at his last fight with Baranchyk and Baranchyk, he’s a good fighter, but he’s not a boxer. He’s just wild, he’s a hard puncher, but he has no finesse like I do and I’m sharper, I’m a sharper puncher and I feel I do hit harder and I’m more accurate. So if he takes those same punches from me like you took from Baranchyk, I really think I stop him.”

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Since turning pro, Prograis has become a star on ShowBox, a Showtime production with 4 impressive victories. Prograis also fought at Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY on the undercard of the Keith Thurman vs. Shawn Porter fight, which was the first primetime boxing event televised on CBS in over 40 years. In 2015, he was recognized by ESPN as a Prospect of the Year candidate. USA Today and Yahoo Sports has recognized Prograis as a legitimate world title contender. Regis is represented by boxing promoter Lou DiBella.

Prograis chose his nickname, "Rougarou", to pay homage to his grandfather, who is of Native American descent.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:21 pm 
Heavyweight

Regis Prograis from New Orleans, Louisiana. Prograis is currently the WBA super-lightweight champion. He is ranked as the world's best active light-welterweight by The Ring magazine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:25 pm 
Heavyweight

Josh Taylor has held the IBF junior-welterweight world championship since May 2019. Taylor is ranked as the world's second best active super-lightweight by The Ring magazine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7365 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 483, 484, 485, 486, 487, 488, 489 ... 491  Next