Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:40 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1073 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:18 am 
Heavyweight

The second bout between Wilder (42-0-1, 41 KOs), of Tuscaloosa, Alabama, and Fury (29-0-1, 20 KOs), of Manchester, England, will headline a four-fight ESPN/FOX Sports pay-per-view show ($79.99 in HD). Wilder will make the 11th defense of the WBC title he won by beating Bermane Stiverne by unanimous decision in their 12-rounder five years ago at MGM Grand Garden Arena.

Below are the official weights for the three pay-per-view undercard fights (9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT):

Charles Martin (27-2-1, 24 KOs), Las Vegas, 254 pounds vs. Gerald Washington (20-3-1, 13 KOs), Vallejo, California, 236½ pounds, 12 rounds, IBF heavyweight elimination match.

Emanuel Navarette (30-1, 26 KOs), San Juan Zitlaltepec, Mexico, 122 pounds vs. Jeo Santisima (19-2, 16 KOs), Masbate City, Philippines, 122 pounds, 12 rounds for Navarette’s WBO junior featherweight title.

Sebastian Fundora (13-0-1, 9 KOs), Coachella, California, 153½ pounds vs. Daniel Lewis (6-0, 4 KOs), Sydney, Australia, 153 pounds, 10 rounds, junior middleweights.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:19 am 
Heavyweight

Bob Bennett, the NSAC’s executive director, barred Wilder and Fury from participating in a traditional face-off after they weighed in because they pushed each other and caused an incident at the start of their final press conference Wednesday at MGM Grand. They instead taunted one another from a safe distance before exiting the stage.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:20 am 
Heavyweight

The 6-feet-7 Wilder weighed a career-high 231 pounds when he stepped on the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s scale at MGM Grand Garden Arena. Wilder weighed only 212½ pounds, the WBC heavyweight champion’s lowest weight since his pro debut in November 2008, the day before he fought Fury in December 2018 at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Wilder’s previous high was 229 pounds, for victories over Eric Molina and Damon McCreary in June 2015 and September 2012, respectively.

The 6-feet-9 Fury weighed 273 pounds Friday, 16½ pounds more than the 256½ pounds he officially weighed for their first fight. The most he has weighed for pro fight is 276 pounds, for his comeback bout against Sefer Seferi in June 2018.

Fury, 31, intentionally came in heavier for their 12-round rematch because the lineal champion intends to use the additional weight to his advantage against the significantly lighter Wilder, who has won all but two of his 43 professional bouts by knockout. The leaner Wilder, 34, also made of point of weighing more for their rematch because Fury out-weighed him by 44 pounds when they fought to a controversial split draw.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:26 am 
Heavyweight

Freakishly tall junior middleweight prospect Sebastian Fundora picked up what the judges felt was a decisive victory tonight, outpointing for Olympian Daniel Lewis of Australia over 10 rounds in the Wilder-Fury 2 PPV opener.

Live coverage for Wilder vs Fury 2 continues here!
Fundora (14-0-1, 9 KO) took the win on scores of 97-93, 98-92, and 99-91. That he won is not a robbery in itself, though you might argue the scores were a bit wide. Bad Left Hook had the fight 95-95 and 96-94 Fundora on two separate cards, but if you edged enough close rounds — and there were plenty — to Fundora, it’s easy to see him winning 7-3 or maybe even 8-2.

Fundora, who is between 6’5” and 6’7” at 154 pounds, didn’t exactly use his height and crazy long reach to win this fight. In fact, he fought more on the inside than you’d probably want to see from someone of his dimensions. Both he and Lewis (6-1, 4 KO) were busted up early, bleeding from their noses, and Lewis showed a lot of marking on the face as the fight went on.

It was a rugged fight, if not exactly exciting. And while Fundora’s plan of attack didn’t take advantage of his strengths, Lewis’ didn’t, either; he didn’t go to the body quite as much as he maybe should have, headhunting a bit too often.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Emanuel Navarrete successfully defended his WBO junior featherweight title for the fifth time in nine months, battering an overmatched Jeo Santisima en route to an 11th round stoppage victory on the Wilder-Fury 2 undercard.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 1:15 pm 
Heavyweight

Navarrete (31-1, 27 KO) really had no trouble with Santisima (19-3, 16 KO), who was a huge underdog and proved that everyone had read the matchup correctly. This has become par for the course with Navarrete title defenses; while he fights regularly and people like that, his opponents are lousy for world title fights.

Santisima did prove durable and game, surviving as long as he did, but he didn’t trouble Navarrete at all. Navarrete dominated in several rounds and looked to close repeatedly, and while he suffered a clear injury to his right hand, he said Santisima lasted because of his toughness.

“I hit him weirdly with my right hand did hurt my thumb, but I had to plow through it and get the victory,” Navarrete told Bernardo Osuna. “The fight took a long time because I had a very tough opponent.”

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Results
Tyson Fury TKO-7 Deontay Wilder (1:39) | (Click Here for Highlights!)
Charles Martin TKO-6 Gerald Washington (1:57)
Emanuel Navarrete TKO-11 Jeo Santisima (2:20)
Sebastian Fundora UD-10 Daniel Lewis (97-93, 98-92, 99-91)
Javier Molina UD-8 Amir Imam (78-74, 78-74, 79-73)
Petros Ananyan UD-10 Subriel Matias (95-94, 95-94, 96-93)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Round By Round
Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury
Round 1: Fury comes out to center ring and Wilder lands a jab early. Firy comes forward and throws a jab to the body that falls short. Wilder lets Fury come to him as he steps to his left. Long right hand from Fury misses. Hard right hand lands over the top for Wilder. Right hook comes from Fury but Wilder blocks it pretty well. Jab to the body falls short for Wilder. Right hand lead lands for Fury. Fury comes forward some more and jabs to the body. Jab lads upstairs for Fury. Fury feints and and feints and throws a jab to the body. Lead left hook lands for Fury, Wilder lands a big right to the body. Fury comes back but misses over the top but then lands a clean jab that snaps Wilder’s head back. Fury 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 2: Jab goes upstairs for Wilder. Jab lands to the body for Wilder. Now Wilder jabs to the body again as Fury comes forward. Fury jab upstairs and lands, Wilder comes back with a jab to the body. RIght hand lands over the top for Wilder this time, glancing off Fury’s head. Wilder misses on the next big right hand missile. Jab lands to the body for Wilder. Both fighters trade and Fury might’ve landed the better punch. Right hand from Wilder grazes Fury upstairs. Jab lands clean for Fury. Now Fury lands a right hand upstairs with Wilder along the ropes. Wilder comes back forward and lands a right hand of his own. Both fighters get tangled in the corner at the bell. I’ll edge this one to Wilder. Wilder 10-9, 19-19.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 3: Wilder reaches on a jab that misses then falls short one one to the body. Fury lands a jab upstairs and then one to the body. Fury comes forward and lands a right hand upstairs. Fury lands another shot as Wilder stepped in. Fury just misses on an overhand right before getting into a clinch with Wilder. Jab lands clean for Fury upstairs. Another jab pushes Wilder back a bit, then a right hand. Fury sticks a jab and then looks for a home for his right hand but can’t land it on the target. SHOT FROM FURY PUTS WILDER DOWN! Wilder gets up and Fury meets him with a right hand. Wilder falls into Fury and falls to the canvas but it’s ruled a push. Fury 10-8.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:13 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 4: Wilder falls short on a jab. Wilder misses on a left hook upstairs and gets tangled with Fury. Referee gives both fighters a stern warning for their wrestling. Right hand from Fury justs misses upstairs. Right hand misses and Wilder falls to the canvas as he ducks down! Fury lands a clean shot to the body. Another right hand lands down to the body for Fury. Wilder throws a hail mary right hand and it misses badly. Wilder is on unsteady legs ever since that knockdown from last round with a shot that hit behind the head. Wilder misses on a left hand. Fury mauls Wilder in the corner and then leans on him in the clinch to wear on Wilder’ legs. Wilder misses on two more punches at the bell. Fury 10-9, 39-36.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:16 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 5: Fury comes out and lands a big right hand over the top! Wilder is rocked on the ropes! Wilder looks a little shaky again but falls into a clinch with Fury. Wilder looks like he’s in dire straits now. Right hand from Fury doesn’t land but he continues to lean on Wilder. FURY LANDS A BODY SHOT THAT PUTS WILDER DOWN! Wilder gets up and wants to continue but he looks weak! Wilder misses on a big right hand but falls off balance with the miss an nearly falls on his own! Wilder and Fury get tied up again and Fury continues to lean on Wilder on the inside with that 40+ pound advantage. Right hand from Fury grazes Wilder. Now the referee calls a timeout and takes a point from Fury! Right hand lands to the body for WIlder. Fury continues to throw while Wilder tries to ride the shots at the bell. Wilder is bleeding from his ear. Fury 9-8.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:17 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 6: Wilder might have a busted ear drum which is why his balance is fucked. Right hand lands for Fury and Wilder is in danger again! Wilder is on the ropes and he eats another shot for Fury and and Fury puts him in a headlock in the corner and leans on him. RIght hand lands to the body for Fury. Right hand lands for Fury again upstairs and Wilder is trying to hold and ride the shots on the ropes. Clubbing right hand doesn’t land clean for Fury. Fury tries to press Wilder on the inside and Wilder is looking real beat up in the face. Fury continues to maul Wilder on the ropes and Wilder is holding on for dear life. Wilder can’t stand up steady and Wilder is in bad, bad shape. Stiff jab lands for Fury who licks blood off Wilder neck in the clinch? Fury 10-9, 58-53.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 7: Fury steps forward and Fury lands a sweeping left hand to the head that knocks Wilder back. Wilder is bouncing off the ropes all by himself as he can’t stand up well. His equilibrium has been destroyed by that busted ear drum. Big right hand from Wilder misses and Fury snaps a jab that lands clean. Two more shots land for Fury with Wilder along the ropes. Wilder grabs hold of Fury in the corner. Wilder steps forward behind two punches with all the power he can muster and Fury comes in with an attack and the referee has seen enough and steps in to stop the fight. Wilder is furious! Fury TKO-7.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:21 pm 
Heavyweight

On replay it was Wilder’s trainer who threw in the towel, causing the referee to stop the fight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1073 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next