Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Charles Martin vs Gerald Washington
Round 1: Washington measures with a few jabs as he looks for a place to land a right hand. Straight right hand from Washington partially lands to the body. Now Washington makes a little contact to the head. Martin misses on a left to the body. Washington leads with a right hand and scores then starts using some lateral movement. Straight left to the body scores for Martin but Washington gets in a good right hand in return. Martin lands a clean shot upstairs that gets Washington’s attention. That steals the round for Martin for me. Martin 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 2: Washington sticks a jab and Martin looks to touch down to the body with is own. Straight left to the body scores for Martin. Martin misses on a left to the body this time. Washington times a right hand that lands upstairs as Martin steps in. Washington misses on a jab to the body this time. Straight left lands to the body for Martin again. Martin tries to touch a jab to the body but doesn’t land it clean. A couple of right hands come from Washington at the end of the round but I think Martin largely controlled it. Martin 10-9, 20-18.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 3: Washington tries a few jabs that don’t land. Now Martin lands a clean straight left to the head. Martin’s next straight left comes up short. Right hand to the body misses for Washington. Washington misses on a jab. Straight left lands to the body for Martin. Washington is not throwing enough punches and you’ think he knows he’s going to have to pick up the pace. Martin 10-9, though not much happened.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:24 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 4: Double jab comes from Washington that doesn’t land but he does get in a straight right to the body. Left hand from Martin knocks Washington back. Straight right lands to the body for Washington. Washington tries to work his jab and throws one downstairs. Straight right lands to the body for Washington as Martin lands a head shot. Straight left lands to the body for Martin. Straight left lands for Martin. Martin 10-9, 40-36.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:24 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 5: Jab from Martin doesn’t land clean. Washington tries a right hand but that doesn’t find the mark. Washington throws a couple of right hooks but Martin blocks them pretty well. Straight right hand to the body falls short for Washington. Right hand from Washington makes a little contact this time. Hard straight left lands for Martin as he circles Washington into it. Another left hand gets in for Martin. Another left hand lands for Martin. Shot from Martin knocks Washington off balance. Martin loses his mouthpiece but the bell ends the round before anything else can happen. Martin 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:25 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 6: Washington falls short on two jabs, then the right hand. Martin reaches in but can’t find the range himself. Straight right lands for Washington this time. Double right hand from Washington makes solid contact. Another right hand from Washington glances off Martin upstairs. Martin comes forward and lands a big left hand that puts Washington down! Washington gets up but the referee immediately waves it off. Martin TKO-6.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:28 pm 
Heavyweight

Emanuel Navarrete vs Jeo Santisima
Round 1: Santisima misses on a jab to the body. Now Navarrete comes forward with a couple punches that also miss before slipping a counter. Jab from Navarrete touches Santisima’s gloves. Double jab comes from Navarrete but doesn’t land clean. Now Navarrete lands a jab. Clan jab lands again for Navarrete. Left hook glances off Santisima. Clean jab lands again for Navarrete. Straight right lands to the body for Navarrete. Navarrete 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 2: Jab from Navarrete misses upstairs. Straight right from Santisima falls short. Straight right to the body from Navarrete partially lands. Now Navarrete throws a little combination without much force but makes some contact. Looping right hand partially lands for Navarrete this time. Navarrete is clearly just warming up and sort of taking his time, showing how comfortable he is in the ring. Santisima lands a right hand as Navarrete covers up along the ropes. Both fighters trade shots at center ring. Navarrete throws another short combination that the makes some contact. Navarrete 10-9, 20-18.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 3: Jab falls short for Navarrete. Two hard body shots land for Santisima as Navarrete covers up. Right hand falls short for Santisima. Left lands to the body at the end of a Navarrete combination. Another left land lands clean to the body and it hurts Santisima who takes a lap around the ring afterwards. Navarrete still looks hurt from that liver shot and very protective of his ribs. Hard combination lands for Navarrete. Another couple punches land for Navarrete. Another left lands to the body for Navarrete. Santisima returns fire but hes outgunned. Navarrete 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:33 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 4: Santisima misses on a jab. Jab lands clean for Navarrete. Left hand lands for Navarrete who then steps back before gettng into an exchange with Santisima. Long left hand lands for Navarrete upstairs. Santisima lands a jab of his own. Navarrete misses on a combination as he comes lunging in. Both fighters trade and Navarrete gets bounced off the ropes with a shot. Navarrete wants to get that back and comes charging forward with a hard combination and touches Santisima up a bit. Right hand lands upstairs for Navarrete now. Navarrete comes after Santisima at the bell. I still think Navarrete wins the round. Navarrete 10-9, 40-36.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 5: Navarrete is not playing with Santisma any more as he jsut comes forward and he’s battering Santisima all over the ring. Santisima is trying to hold on for dear life and fight back but Navarrete won’t stop punching until Santisima ties him up. Clear round for Navarrete as Santisima barely survives. Navarrete 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 6: Navarrete’s conrner is confident he’s going to stop Santisima now. Navarrete comes out comfortably and steps forward as he recovers from that whole round of punching in the last. Santisima misses on a jab. Jab lands for Navarrete. Right hook lands to the body for Santisima. Hard right hand lands upstairs for Navarrete Now two more punches land upstairs for Navarrete Both fighters trade and Navarrete gets in a hook to the head. Three punches come from Santisima. Navarrete took this round off and I think Santisima outworked him. Santisima 10-9, 55-59.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 7: Right hand from Santisima doesn’t land clean. Navarrete pops a jab upstairs. Jab comes from Navarrete again as he measures for his follow up combinations. Combination comes from Navarrete as Santisima has to retreat. Right hand lead lands for Navarrete. More punches come from Navarrete and most make at least partial contact on Santisima. Navarrete comes forward behind a couple more punches but they don’t land well. Clean left hook lands for Navarrete. Navarrete 10-9.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 8: Jab comes from Navarrete who then tries to sneak in an uppercut. Three punches come from Santisima but they don’t land. Navarrete comes forward behind more punches that strafe Santisima. Santisima gets clipped again but gets back to center ring. Two body shots come from Santisima but he has to retreat as Navarrete comes forward with more punches. Right hand lead lands for Navarrete and he shakes it as he might’ve hurt it a little. Navarrete comes and throws a barrage of punches just after so he must not have been hurt too badly. Navarrete 10-9, 79-73.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Round 9: Navarrete sticks a jab that doesn’t land clean. Navarrete tries another stiff jab but doesn’t quite land it. Santisima misses on two long punches. Jab lands for Navarrete this time. Two hooks to the body come from Santisima but they don’t make much of an impact as Navarrete holds his ground and presses him backwards. Four punches come from Navarrete and Santisima gets on his bike. Double left hook comes from Navarrete. Several more punches come from Navarrete as Santisima tries to defend himself. Navarrete 10-9.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 68, 69, 70, 71, 72  Next