Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:31 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:50 pm 
Heavyweight

“When I heard split decision, I thought for sure it was going to be a draw,” Porter admitted (30-3-1, 17KOs) admitted during a recent installment of FS1’s Inside PBC Boxing, on which he serves as a co-host. “That’s where my mind was going. I didn’t think there was no way he was going to win based on a split decision. There’s where I’m at a month away from the fight.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:00 pm 
Heavyweight

"We’ve seen ‘The Rumble in the Jungle’, ‘The Thriller in Manilla’ and now we have seen the ‘Drama in Saitama,” said Kalle Sauerland, Chief Boxing Officer of the WBSS. “This was the Fight of the Year. It was a very close fight. Hats off to Nonito Donaire and what can you say about Inoue, unbelievable. This fight for me, out of the live fights I’ve seen, is definitely the best I ever, ever seen. I’ve said it before, the World Boxing Super Series brings the best against the best. The boxing gods are smiling at us tonight

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:53 pm 
Heavyweight

The Lakers trailed by 17 points at halftime in Chicago on Tuesday, and by 13 points after the third quarter. A loss wouldn’t have been a disaster—no defeat this early in the season is—and the Lakers could have been forgiven for a letdown at the end of a road trip, having already won five games in a row. But these Lakers weren’t content to capitulate. After pouring in 93 points over the first three quarters, the Bulls managed just four in the first eight minutes of the fourth, as L.A. embarked on a 29-4 run to steal a 118-112 road win.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:56 pm 
Heavyweight

A few days later, the Lakers still have the no. 1 defense—a pleasant change after a decade of average (at best) and dreadful (at worst) units. Opponents have scored only 97.9 points per 100 possessions against L.A., nearly 10 points lower than the league average of 106.4. According to Cleaning the Glass, which strips out garbage-time minutes, the Lakers boast the league’s best half-court defense, force the third most turnovers, and induce the third-worst effective field goal percentage. And just seven games into their first season with an overhauled roster, they are already immensely confident in their defensive strength.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:23 pm 
Heavyweight

Anthony Joshua must spar with attack-minded heavyweights in his training camp for his rematch with Andy Ruiz Jr, according to Evander Holyfield. The Olympic gold medallist will look to avenge his first professional loss in Saudi Arabia on December 7.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Ruiz Jr - a late replacement for the disgraced Jarrell Miller - shocked the world on June 1 by stopping Joshua in the seventh round of their Madison Square Garden showdown. Joshua has vowed to exact revenge on Mexico’s first heavyweight champion and has been hard at work rectifying the errors he made in his ill-fated American debut.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:28 pm 
Heavyweight

Kalle Sauerland, Chief Boxing Officer of the WBSS: “This was the Fight of the Year. It was a very close fight. Hats off to Nonito Donaire and what can you say about Inoue, unbelievable. This fight for me, out of the live fights I’ve seen, is definitely the best I ever, ever seen. I’ve said it before, the World Boxing Super Series brings the best against the best. The boxing gods are smiling at us tonight.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Donaire won the memories of everyone who watched, an exclamation point on an outstanding career. Inoue won new knowledge of himself, left the ring with two of the four major titles in the class, and a ready passport for a return to the US in the Top Rank fold next year.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:38 pm 
Heavyweight

Newly minted unified Light Heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (15-0, 15 KOs) currently holds the distinction as the best fighter in the weight class. At least according to most. Unlike Kovalev, Beterbiev is in the prime of his career. Questions surrounding just how good Beterbiev was as a fighter were put to bed once he stopped former WBC title holder Oleksandr Gvozdyk in the tenth round of their contest. Now that Canelo now holds a belt in the same weight class, a contest between the two seems inevitable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 9:39 pm 
Heavyweight

During the lead up of Canelo’s contest against Sergey Kovalev, he was posed with the question of whether or not he would be willing to take him on. In true Canelo fashion, he didn’t mince words or back down from a possible showdown. “I’m ready. Kovalev is better than Beterbiev and we are fighting Kovalev so why wouldn’t we fight Beterbiev?”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:01 am 
Heavyweight

Kawhi Leonard and the Los Angeles Clippers squeezed out a win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Thursday night, 107-101. The two-time NBA Finals MVP struggled through three quarters before once again coming up huge in the fourth quarter. The attention, however, quickly turned to Leonard, load management, and his ailing knee for the second consecutive night.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:02 am 
Heavyweight

Leonard finished with 27 points, 13 rebounds, four assists, and two blocks in 33 minutes of action a few hours later. Following his postgame treatment, Leonard addressed the release of his medical information. “It was shocking,” admitted Leonard, appearing mildly irritated. “But it doesn’t matter to me. I’m not a guy that reads the media anyways. We’re going to manage it the best way we can and keep me healthy. The most important tiling is me being healthy moving forward.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:05 am 
Heavyweight

FULL WEIGHTS

Jamel Herring, 129.8 vs. Lamont Roach, 129—12 rds, junior lightweight
Kubrat Pulev, 248.4 vs. Rydell Booker, 248.2—10 rds, heavyweight
Gabriel Flores Jr., 133.4 vs. Aelio Mesquita, 133.6 —8 rds, lightweight
David Kaminsky, 162.2 vs. Travis Jerig, 162—6 rds, middleweight
Janibek Alimkhanuly, 159.8 vs. Albert Onolunose, 158.2—10 rds, middleweight
Robeisy Ramirez, 124.8 vs. Fernand Ibarra, 122.4—6 rds, featherweight
Esquiva Falcao, 160.8 vs. Manny Woods, 161.4—10 rds, middleweight
Amir Imam, 144 vs. Marcos Mojica, 143—8 rds, welteweight

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:06 am 
Heavyweight

Herring (20-2, 10KOs) makes the first defense of the 130-pound title he collected in a career-best 12-round unanimous decision victory over Japan's Masayuki Ito this past May in Kissimmee, Florida. Their ESPN-televised affair took place on the Saturday prior to Memorial Day, with the Long-Island-bred southpaw continuing the patriotic theme in playing Veteran's Day weekend.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:08 am 
Heavyweight

Roach (19-0-1, 7KOs)—a 24-year old contender from the greater Washington D.C. area—scored a 10-round decision win over Jonathan Oquendo in his most recent outing this past May in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next