Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 4:04 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:44 pm 
Heavyweight

The Los Angeles Clippers franchise was founded in 1970 as the Buffalo Braves, and were one of three expansion teams to join the NBA that year, along with the Cleveland Cavaliers and Portland Trail Blazers. The Braves saw some success and reached the playoffs three times, led by league Most Valuable Player (MVP) Bob McAdoo. Conflicts with the Canisius Golden Griffins over the Buffalo Memorial Auditorium and the sale of the franchise led to them relocating from Buffalo, New York, to San Diego, California.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:10 pm 
Heavyweight

How old would Rocky Marciano have been had he lived to the end of the 20th century?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:32 pm 
Heavyweight

If the fight had gone the distance, and barring any knockdowns or deductions, the best Kovalev could have done on Canelo was a majority draw had he won the final two rounds on all three cards, which would have made things 115-113 Kovalev on Trella’s card, and 114-114 on the Moretti and Lederman sheets.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:55 pm 
Heavyweight

In Olympic terms, boxing was first introduced in the 23rd Olympiad, 688 BC. The boxers would wind leather thongs around their hands in order to protect them. There were no rounds and boxers fought until one of them acknowledged defeat or could not continue. Weight categories were not used, which meant heavyweights had a tendency to dominate.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:38 am 
Heavyweight

Senator Manny Pacquiao has suspended a team in the basketball league he founded amid allegations that the team was involved in "game-fixing and other related scheming activities." Maharlika Pilipinas Basketball League (MPBL) Commissioner Kenneth Duremdes said the whole SOCCSKSARGEN Marlins Team has been suspended on Pacquiao's orders.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:43 am 
Heavyweight

Houston's James Harden and Brooklyn's Kyrie Irving had big nights in wins. One night after an embarrassing 29-point loss at Miami, the Houston Rockets bounced back to beat host Memphis, 107-100, behind NBA scoring leader Harden's 44 points on a 12-of-28 shooting and 10 rebounds in a game where Russell Westbrook was benched for a rest in NBA action on Monday, November 4 (Tuesday, November 5, Philippine time).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:44 am 
Heavyweight

It was Harden's 80th career game with 40 or more points. Irving scored 39 points on a 13-of-21 shooting and added 9 assists to lead the Brooklyn Nets over visiting New Orleans, 135-125. A 14-6 run to end the game lifted the Nets over the Pelicans, who were led by Brandon Ingram's career-high 40 points on 17-of-24 shooting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:46 am 
Heavyweight

Rookie forward Eric Paschall scored 36 points and grabbed 13 rebounds on his 23rd birthday to lead injury-hit Golden State over Portland, 127-118, for the Warriors' first win at their new $1 billion home arena in San Francisco.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:48 am 
Heavyweight

The highly anticipated WBC Super Welterweight Title rematch between Tony "Superbad'' Harrison and Jermell "Iron Man'' Charlo will headline live in primetime in FOX PBC Fight Night Action and on FOX Deportes Saturday, December 21 from Toyota Arena in Ontario, California. Harrison vs. Charlo II is a high-voltage rematch that has been building ever since the end of the first matchup. The two were set to meet in June, but the rematch was postponed when Harrison suffered torn ligaments after spraining his ankle in training.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:52 am 
Heavyweight

NBA Games Today (Phi Time)

Hornets vs. Pacers 8AM

Cavaliers vs. Celtics 8AM

Hawks vs. Spurs 8:30AM

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:37 am 
Heavyweight

World Boxing Council President Mauricio Sulaiman has updated World Boxing News on the current mandatory situation regarding Dillian Whyte and Tyson Fury. Sulaiman, alongside WBC chiefs, has ratified Fury as the mandatory despite his current number two ranking. This means Fury will head into his clash with Deontay Wilder on February 22 in that position. Independent of the outcome, it seems Wilder and Fury will meet in a third fight over the summer.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:59 am 
Heavyweight

On Wednesday, the Los Angeles Clippers will host the Milwaukee Bucks. It will be one of two regular season games between the pair of NBA title hopefuls and features one of the game’s most anticipated one-on-one matchups between reigning NBA Finals MVP Kawhi Leonard and reigning NBA MVP Giannis Antetokounmpo. But the Clippers have chosen to deprive fans of that matchup and will sit Leonard because of — you guessed it — load management. The team has already ruled him out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:09 pm 
Heavyweight

LeBron James had 30 points, 11 assists and 10 rebounds for his third consecutive triple-double, and the Los Angeles Lakers rallied to beat the Chicago Bulls 118-112 on Tuesday night (Wednesday, PHL time) for their sixth straight victory.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. has revealed that this Friday there could be an announcement that his fight with Damiel Jacobs will take place on December 20 in Phoenix, Arizona. The fight has been agreed upon for the super middleweight limit of 168-pounds. But there is still a serious problem that hangs high above this fight. Chávez was suspended by the Nevada Athletic Commission, because he rejected a doping test a few days ago in California.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:14 pm 
Heavyweight

Naoya Inoue and Nonito Donaire both made weight ahead of tomorrow’s WBSS Bantamweight Ali Trophy final at the Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan.It’s the Japanese ‘Monster’ and the ‘Filipino Flash’ questing for the Greatest Prize in Boxing, the next man to enter the exclusive club of Ali Trophy winners.

Naoya Inoue (18-0, 16 KOs), IBF, WBA ‘Regular’ and Ring Magazine champion, 53.5kg /117.5 lbs:

Nonito Donaire (40-5, 26 KOs), WBC Diamond & WBA ‘Super’ World champion, 53.3 kg /117.5 lbs:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next