Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:19 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:16 pm 
Heavyweight

All Star Boxing, Inc has announced the signing of Colombian flyweight prospect Jose Soto to a Multi-year exclusive agreement. Soto, is currently ranked WBA #13 and has a record of 13-0 4 KO's since he's debut in December of 2016.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:19 pm 
Heavyweight

“A year ago this tournament started, a year later I am in the final against Nonito Donaire, and I am very grateful for that,” said 26-year-old Inoue at a jam-packed final press conference in Tokyo. “I’ve been watching Nonito’s fights even before I became professional, and he’s one of the fighters who I admire. I am truly proud of myself to be in the ring with him the day after tomorrow.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 4:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Donaire: “Naoya is the top fighter in the world pound-for-pound which is very exciting for me. But I trust in my ability, and I will be able to adapt to the situation. Fighting Naoya Inoue has given me motivation. I’ve accomplished so much, so I needed someone to motivate me. It’s brought back my youth again because I have to be at my best. Being in this tournament has been tremendous. All these young guys trying to prove themselves and weed out the old generation. But so far, I’ve proven I’m a wall that needs to be climbed, and it’s not an easy wall to climb.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:55 pm 
Heavyweight

After Tuesday night win over the Chicago Bulls, the Los Angeles Lakers' bench is now outscoring opponents by 5.8 points per 100 possessions. Only the Dallas Mavericks' second-stringers are having more success. James' teams are so rarely known for their depth. Since leaving the Miami Heat, only one of his bench mobs has finished the season 10th or better in point differential per 100 possessions: the 2015-16 NBA champion Cleveland Cavaliers.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:00 pm 
Heavyweight

On November 7, WBC bantamweight title – Saitama, Japan
Nordine Oubaali (champion/No. 4 IWBR) vs. Takuma Inoue (Unranked WBC/No. 5 IWBR)
Oubaali (16-0, 12 KO): Second title defense; Four KO/TKO wins in five scheduled 12-round fights
Inoue (13-0, 3 KO): First title fight; Four decision in four fights at the bantamweight limit

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:03 pm 
Heavyweight

“It’s very special to me,” said Donaire. “It’s for the Muhammad Ali Trophy. It’s the best of the best. Everything a fighter wants to want is to become the best of the best. I’ve been through it all and this is for me another step towards becoming undisputed.It's one of the top moments of my career and I get to fight in Japan. I’ve been here so many times and I love the place. The fans are incredible, the people are incredible.”

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:05 pm 
Heavyweight

The Muhammad Ali trophy was created by the late world-renowned artist Silvio Gazzaniga who also designed the iconic FIFA World Cup Trophy and adding its connection with the Muhammad Ali, the WBSS has also developed its own theme music created by Matthew Clifford, music that supports the great ambition of a tournament showcasing the best fights in boxing in honour of ‘The Greatest’.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:08 pm 
Heavyweight

Gilas Pilipinas kicked off its series of friendlies on a winning note Monday night, but national team coach Tim Cone says the team still has a long way to go ahead of the Southeast Asian Games which will be held here. "Our challenge at this point is to make sure we’re not an all-star team,” he said shortly after the Nationals’ 98-95 victory over Alab Pilipinas at Meralco Gym in Ortigas.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:10 pm 
Heavyweight

Gilas takes on against Alab for the second time on Nov. 11 before clashing with an import-powered Taiwanese club on Nov. 18.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:17 pm 
Heavyweight

SATURDAY

WBO junior lightweight title – Fresno, California
Jamel Herring (champion/No. 12 IWBR) vs. Lamont Roach (No. 2 WBO/No. 15 IWBR)
Herring (20-2, 10 KO): First title defense; Two fights – both decision wins – at 130-pound limit
Roach (19-0-1, 7 KO): First title fight; Seventh fight at the 130-pound limit (5-0-1, 2 KO)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:20 pm 
Heavyweight

IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight champion Andy Ruiz has been looking pretty slim in several social media photos posted over the course of the last few weeks. Ruiz is training hard for his highly anticipated rematch with former champion Anthony Joshua. Back on June 1, Ruiz pulled of a massive upset when he dropped Joshua four times to secure a seventh round stoppage at Madison Square Garden in New York City. The rematch has been set down for December 7th in Saudi Arabia.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:24 pm 
Heavyweight

For the moment, Saul "Canelo" Alvarez has no intention of giving up the WBO light heavyweight title, according to World Boxing Organization President Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel. This past Saturday night, Canelo climbed up by two weight divisions to score an eleventh round knockout victory over Sergey Kovalev to capture the WBO title at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo is still holder of the WBA middleweight title and the WBA "regular" super middleweight title.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:34 pm 
Heavyweight

WBO super middleweight champion Billy Joe Saunders has sent a warning to Canelo Alvarez. Saunders has been chasing a fight with Canelo since the two boxers were both middleweight champions. Saunders is prepared to exploit a championship rule under the World Boxing Organization - where a champion moving up in weight is automatically made the mandatory challenger to the title.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:35 pm 
Heavyweight

There is only one problem with that, Gilberto Ramirez already made that move by leaving behind his WBO title at 168 to make the jump to 175. Ramirez is already the mandatory challenger to the WBO crown. But Canelo also holds the WBA "regular" title at 168 - and many expect him to move back down.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:11 am 
Heavyweight

Dmitry Bivol scouted Canelo Alvarez from a ringside seat Saturday night, when Alvarez knocked Sergey Kovalev unconscious in the 11th round of what had been a very competitive 175-pound title fight. The WBA light heavyweight champion left MGM Grand Garden certain that he wants Alvarez next. “Why not?,” Bivol told BoxingScene.com. “I think, yes, it’s the best fight for me. And he has a belt, he has a name, I can earn money with him. I can make a big name in this fight. Yeah, of course.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22  Next