Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 3:18 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:23 pm 
Heavyweight

James Harden, Clint Capela and P.J. Tucker recorded double-doubles as the host Houston Rockets breezed by the short-handed Golden State Warriors 129-112 on Wednesday. Harden paired a game-high 36 points with 13 assists to lead the charge. Tucker posted 22 points and 11 rebounds while Capela had 19 points, 16 boards and six blocks. All five Houston starters scored in double figures, with Danuel House tallying 17 points on 5-of-6 3-point shooting while Westbrook chipped in 18 points, eight rebounds and six assists.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:24 pm 
Heavyweight

Shokichi Iwata stopped Alejandeo Cruz Valladares in round five of a scheduled six-round light flyweight bout. In round five, Valladares began to bleed from his nostrils. Valladares continued to take big shots and was saved by the referee who stopped the bout at 2:10. Iwata, 107 3/4 lbs of Tokyo, JAP is now 4-0 with three knockouts. Valladares, 106 3/4 lbs of Mexico City is 5-2.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:28 pm 
Heavyweight

JOHN Holland is one of the imports being considered by San Miguel to replace Dez Wells, according to a person with knowlege of the situation. Holland is one of the imports on the radar of the Beermen, who are considering making a change in import following the health situation of Wells.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Holland will try to fill in Wells’ insane offensive production in the PBA with the latter putting up averages of 37.1 points, 7.9 rebounds, 4.8 assists, 2.0 steals, and 1.0 blocks a game. The former Cavalier played for two seasons in the NBA but he spent most of his professional career in the United States playing in the G-League. In four seasons in the developmental league, the 6-foot-5 Holland averaged 18.1 points, 3.6 rebounds, 2.5 assists, and 1.4 steals.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:35 pm 
Heavyweight

Ryan Burnett seemed a likely finalist in the initial tournament bracket after being paired with Donaire (40-5, 26 KOs) in the quarterfinals. Then undefeated through 18 career fights, Burnett suffered a back injury after four rounds of back-and-forth action and was forced to retire before Round 5 could get underway, giving Donaire a pass to the second round of the tournament. It was a big moment for Donaire, who was once considered among boxing's pound-for-pound elite.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:39 pm 
Heavyweight

A tough fight against WBO champ Zolani Tete in the semifinals was up next for Donaire, except it wasn't to be. Tete suffered a shoulder injury in the week leading up to the fight and contingency backup Stephon Young was brought in to face the Hall of Fame-bound Filipino. Young put up a good fight before falling victim to Donaire's trademark left hook in Round 6.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:40 pm 
Heavyweight

In 1867, the Marquess of Queensberry rules were drafted by John Chambers for amateur championships held at Lillie Bridge in London for Lightweights, Middleweights and Heavyweights. The rules were published under the patronage of the Marquess of Queensberry, whose name has always been associated with them.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:42 pm 
Heavyweight

There’s almost no debate that, from April until now, Kawhi Leonard has dibs on the best player in the NBA. He went scorched earth through the playoffs last spring, then erased Golden State on the Warriors’ own floor in The Finals. Already this season, he’s averaging 29.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 5.7 assists and 2.3 steals per game.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Donaire is weeks away from turning 37 and has won world championships at 112, 118, 122, and 126. Before entering the WBSS, he was fighting at featherweight, most recently losing an April 2018 decision to Carl Frampton. His days as an elite fighter seem to be in the rearview, but now he has the opportunity to deliver a legacy-changing victory against Inoue after a string of fortunate breaks led him to the finals.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:44 pm 
Heavyweight

Inoue (18-0, 16 KOs) has proven a wrecking machine, winning the WBC light flyweight championship in his sixth career fight, moved up two divisions two fights later to capture the WBO belt at 115 pounds. After defending that title successfully seven times he made another jump, winning the WBA bantamweight belt with a first-round knockout of Jamie McDonnell before entering the WBSS tournament.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Inoue has managed to carry his insane power with him up to bantamweight, where Rodriguez has been his most successful opponent simply by making it to the second round. With titles in multiple weight classes, vicious stopping power and an undefeated record, Inoue ranks among today's pound-for-pound elite. Donaire also carries serious power, especially in his left hook and has one of the most impressive resumes in the world among active boxers, but is an understandably heavy underdog sitting at +550 at MGM while Inoue is a -900 favorite.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:48 pm 
Heavyweight

LeBron James had the longest summer of his professional life this summer and over that time, he heard it all. Now that the Los Angeles Lakers have a 6-1 record, the best mark in the NBA to go with the league's top-ranked defense, James is enjoying where he is. And although the lazy narrative would be to suggest he's getting carried by the addition of superstar of Anthony Davis, he's once again showing with his play just how special he is.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:50 pm 
Heavyweight

WBSS combatants Nonito Donaire Jnr, the WBA champion and Naoya Inoue, the IBF champion have entered the ring and will shortly come into blows at the Super Arena in Saitama, Japan Thursday night to decide who will get the coveted Muhammad Ali trophy and become the WBA/IBF unified champion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:53 pm 
Heavyweight

Round one: Inoue 10-9 Donaire

Inoue has taken centre ring in the opening stages but it's a cautious and slow start from both men as they try to work each other out. Inoue then works his way in, landing a clean straight left to the head and following with some nice body shots. His speed and timing is stunning as Donaire tries to respond but his punches aren't landing with any real power.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 8:54 pm 
Heavyweight

Round two: Inoue 20-18 Donaire

Both men are trading and Inoue loses his concentration at one point as Donaire lands a right uppercut and a left hook, but Inoue still dominates the round and almost looks to have the four weight world champion out on his feet. A great round and this could be a real fight!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 22  Next