Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue May 26, 2020 5:37 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 72  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 pm 
Heavyweight

You can't argue with the result there and Donaire certainly hasn't.

What an incredible fighter Naoya Inoue is and what a legend Nonito Donaire is!

Another top quality WBSS final.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:46 pm 
Heavyweight

Naoya Inoue dropped Nonito Donaire Jnr in the 11th round en route to a unanimous decision victory and became the WBSS champion as well as IBF/WBA unified bantamweight world champion.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Inoue won with scores of 116-111, 117-109, 114-113 and remained undefeated at 19-0-0 with 16 knockouts. Donaire (40-6-0, 26KOs) at 36, showed he still has the grit and intelligence to face one of the best pound for pound boxers in the world.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2019 10:15 pm 
Heavyweight

Inoue fought through a huge cut above his right eye, sustained in just the second round, and admitted post fight: "I had double vision since the second round." Inoue had only been to the 11th round or further twice in his career, but he proved too strong for veteran Donaire, the man known in his homeland as "The Monster" standing tough to claim the Muhammad Ali Trophy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:17 am 
Heavyweight

WBA/IBF bantamweight world champion Naoya “Monster” Inoue, a 5-foot-4½ three-weight world champion who has climbed the pound-for-pound rankings with devastating knockouts against normally iron-chinned foes, is coming to America. Inoue has signed a multi-year promotional agreement with Top Rank, which will co-promote his bouts with Ohashi Promotions on the ESPN family of networks. His first fight under this new, landmark agreement will take place in the United States in early 2020.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:19 am 
Heavyweight

Inoue (19-0, 16 KOs) born in Zama, Japan, compiled a reported 75-6 record in the amateur ranks before turning pro as a 19-year-old in October 2012. He won the WBC light flyweight world title in his sixth pro fight and defended that belt once before moving up two weight classes. Inoue knocked out longtime WBO junior bantamweight world champion Omar Narvaez in the second round and then defended that belt seven times before joining the bantamweight ranks. He is 14-0 with 12 knockouts in world title bouts and is one of six male boxers from Japan to capture world titles in three weight divisions. Before the Donaire fight, he had knocked out seven consecutive opponents who had never been stopped before. He is a consensus top five pound-for-pound boxer, and many experts rate him as the world’s best fighter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:29 am 
Heavyweight

The Lakers are annihilating opponents by 16.1 points per 100 possessions with LeBron and AD on the floor, the second-best net rating in the league among tandems who have played at least 171 minutes together. James is off to a roaring start, slinging pinpoint passes all over the place en route to a league-leading 11.1 assists per game, a career-best assist percentage that could rank as the eighth-highest single-season mark of all time if he is somehow able to keep it up, and a run of early-season triple-doubles that have him clapping back at his doubters with fervor.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:34 am 
Heavyweight

The fight delivered as advertised and definitely should be considered as a candidate for the fight of the year. There was no shame in Donaire's loss even as many experts gave him little change to survive Inoue's powerful punches. For Inoue, 26, with his fast hands, power and skill, he will continue to become a terror in the bantamweight and super bantamweight divisions for years to come.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:55 am 
Heavyweight

Giannis Antetokounmpo lit up the LA Clippers with 38 points and 16 rebounds as his Milwaukee Bucks beat the LA Clippers 129-124 but it was the absence of Kawhi Leonard that snatched the headlines The highly anticipated match up between the two NBA superstars never eventuated and it ended up being to the benefit of the man they call the Greek Freak. Antetokounmpo became the first player in league history with 200 points, 100 rebounds and 50 assists in the first eight games of a season, although he missed a triple-double by a single assist.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:57 am 
Heavyweight

NBA analyst Doris Burke tore into Leonard and the load management issue on ESPN’s Get Up. “It is mind-boggling that Kawhi doesn’t want to play the reigning MVP and he’d rather play against Portland on TNT,” she said. “I believe the league has a long-term problem, when it pinches them, I don’t know. But Kawhi not playing is ridiculous at this point."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:59 am 
Heavyweight

“He is a great player, he is compelling to watch and the Clippers have a responsibility to Kawhi and to winning and to long-term but the league should be concerned that their best players are not playing on nights when they’re on national television. People tune in because they want to see the players who are so compelling. But Kawhi not playing, I’m not there tonight but I am disappointed for my colleagues and I’m disappointed for the fans. When this pinches the NBA I do not know but to me, the league has a problem.”

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:21 am 
Heavyweight

With his 30 points, 10 rebound and 11 assist triple-double on Tuesday night, James got his third straight triple-double on the season and in the process became the first Los Angeles Laker since Magic Johnson (1987) to notch three straight trip-dubs. Just in case anybody missed it, James was sure to let the people know that he's not as washed as they want him to be just yet.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:41 am 
Heavyweight

Boxing was a popular spectator sport in Ancient Rome. Fighting events were held at Roman Amphitheatres. The Roman form of boxing was often a fight until death to please the spectators who gathered at such events. However, especially in later times, purchased slaves and trained combat performers were valuable commodities, and their lives were not given up without due consideration. Often slaves were used against one another in a circle marked on the floor. This is where the term ring came from.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:48 am 
Heavyweight

Inoue is a YouTube sensation, his one-punch knockout of Juan Carlos Payano last October was named by many outlets as the 2018 Knockout of the Year. In his fourth pro fight, he bested Ryoichi Taguchi over 10 rounds to win the Japanese light flyweight title. Taguchi went unbeaten for nearly five years after facing Inoue, unifying light flyweight world titles in the process.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 08, 2019 8:51 am 
Heavyweight

“Donaire was a very, very strong opponent,” said Inoue, who also became the unified IBF and WBA bantamweight champion. “This is the first cut I have had in my career. I think Donaire is a true champion. Winning the Ali Trophy is the biggest thing so far in my career and I see a bright future in front of me. I am not the greatest of all time yet, but that is the goal.”

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 72  Next