Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:02 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:47 pm 
Welterweight

1: This is the biggest and most important point. We have to show Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao that they cannot just make any fight they want. They have to make one that appeals to all boxing fans, the general public and Manny Pacquiao fans as best they can. They cant just throw a fight at us and expect to make lots of money.

2: The second most important point. Pacquiao will realize that the money wasnt good for this fight. Pacquiao will either pursue the FMJ fight or retire and continue being a politician. Either way Pacquiao fans win and this is why. Pac fighting Floyd is a no brainer but if Pacquiao retires its a win because he ends his career on a good note.
He does not stay in too long when his heart is clearly not in it anymore. His fame and fortune has clearly gotten to his head and his heart isn't in boxing anymore. God forbid he gets knocked out in the future.

3: Bradley has little to no chance to win against Pacquiao. Yes there is an off chance Bradley can catch Pacquiao and knock him out but come on. Pacquiao has taken punches from bigger and stronger men and hasn't gone down.

4: The fight will be a SNOOZER. This fight will not be exciting at all and this is due to Manny losing his fire. This fight will go to a decision, BOOKMARK this and remember my words. This will not be a war because Bradley does not want to be knocked out and Pacquiao will not seek it.

5: Prove to yourself that you aren't a mindless Pactard who will buy anything that has to do with Pacquiao. Prove to yourself that you are true boxing fan and this is not what we wanted. Bob Arum should have done everything in his power to get Pacquiao in the ring with Mayweather but he didn't. He acts like Pacquiao doesnt need Mayweather but he does. Pacquiao's legacy is will forever be tarnished by not fighting Mayweather. This fight has to happen.

6: This is what is wrong with boxing. The only thing you can say that MMA does better than boxing, way better is fights people want actually happen. You see why fighters in the UFC never have a perfect record (for long)? Its because they are always pitted against the best and they can never duck or dodge anyone. The UFC does not care if you are a big star. If you cheat, duck or dodge you will be released. Boxing needs to follow this format so that there is no more ducking and dodging ever.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:15 am 
Heavyweight

are you a Filipino?

Filipinos like me would prefer that floyd vs. cotto be boycotted (if there is such a thing as i don't believe in such). why? to give floyd something to think about and may want to fight Pacquiao. I am a Filipino so I want Manny, Nonito and other Filipino boxers to succeed economically in boxing over foreigners. such a shame if you are a Filipino.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:20 am 
Cruiserweight

ok.

abscbn, gma7, pba, boxing, football, ufc.. visit--- http://www.onepunch.info

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:22 am 
Cruiserweight

are serious? I'm already excited to see this fight!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:24 am 
Heavyweight

never compare orange to apple, boxing and UFC are different....

and by the way,,, can you show some receipt of your previous PPV's of Manny or Floyd, or some tickets that you purchased to prove that you were really buying to watch the fight? Most of the people yelling boycotts are yelling so loud, that free livestream cant hear anymore....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:33 am 
Cruiserweight

This will be a GOOD FIGHT.

Fact is, FLOYD was NEVER serious about Fighting PACQUIAO...He never was.

There is about $200 Million on the Table for both Fighters to divide up. FLOYD demanded that Manny only
get $40 Million and NO PAY PER VIEW SHARE...That isn't a real offer...Manny would have been a fool to
accept that. FLOYD knew Manny wouldn't settle for that, no self respecting Pound 4 Pound Champion would. FLOYD just had to make it APPEAR that he wasn't the obstacle.

With FLOYD its always an excuse...First excuse..WHO is MANNY PACQUIAO? Second excuse: I CAN"T fight in TEXAS (actually true: his performance enhancement drug of choice Xylocaine is banned in Texas)
Third Excuse: Take the TEST, Fourth Excuse: Demanding that he Get 70 to 80 Percent of all the money involved leaving Manny with only 20 to 30 Percent....

So Why should I boycott a Pacquiao Fight when FLOYD declined the most REASONABLE OFFER of ALL.

55-45 SPLIT, winner taking the LIONS SHARE?

Floyd will NEVER fight PACQUIAO...Slavery ended in 1865 so FORCE cannot be used to get FLOYD in the
Ring with MANNY. You can lead a Horse to Water but you can't make it drink...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:37 am 
Bantamweight

geno2k3 wrote:
1: This is the biggest and most important point. We have to show Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao that they cannot just make any fight they want. They have to make one that appeals to all boxing fans, the general public and Manny Pacquiao fans as best they can. They cant just throw a fight at us and expect to make lots of money.

2: The second most important point. Pacquiao will realize that the money wasnt good for this fight. Pacquiao will either pursue the FMJ fight or retire and continue being a politician. Either way Pacquiao fans win and this is why. Pac fighting Floyd is a no brainer but if Pacquiao retires its a win because he ends his career on a good note.
He does not stay in too long when his heart is clearly not in it anymore. His fame and fortune has clearly gotten to his head and his heart isn't in boxing anymore. God forbid he gets knocked out in the future.

3: Bradley has little to no chance to win against Pacquiao. Yes there is an off chance Bradley can catch Pacquiao and knock him out but come on. Pacquiao has taken punches from bigger and stronger men and hasn't gone down.

4: The fight will be a SNOOZER. This fight will not be exciting at all and this is due to Manny losing his fire. This fight will go to a decision, BOOKMARK this and remember my words. This will not be a war because Bradley does not want to be knocked out and Pacquiao will not seek it.

5: Prove to yourself that you aren't a mindless Pactard who will buy anything that has to do with Pacquiao. Prove to yourself that you are true boxing fan and this is not what we wanted. Bob Arum should have done everything in his power to get Pacquiao in the ring with Mayweather but he didn't. He acts like Pacquiao doesnt need Mayweather but he does. Pacquiao's legacy is will forever be tarnished by not fighting Mayweather. This fight has to happen.

6: This is what is wrong with boxing. The only thing you can say that MMA does better than boxing, way better is fights people want actually happen. You see why fighters in the UFC never have a perfect record (for long)? Its because they are always pitted against the best and they can never duck or dodge anyone. The UFC does not care if you are a big star. If you cheat, duck or dodge you will be released. Boxing needs to follow this format so that there is no more ducking and dodging ever.

I think your in the wrong venue, we support all of Pac's fights, why?

1. He comes from humble beginnings and knows what its like to have nothing in life. He will give the shirt off his back and last dime in his pocket to others more in need.

2. Everyone, mostly everyone can relate to him as he does not portray or separate himself from his country when he made it big. He is a philanthropist on so many different levels. he adores his fans and always gives his best just to make all of us satisfied.

3. He is a warrior in the ring and always comes to fight, regardless of the opponent in front of him.

4. he never runs from any fighter and is willing to take any test just to make the fight,Ducking, Dodging or cheating is not in Pacquiao's vocabulary.

****If you choose to boycott and suggest we do too, you wont get many supporters here, maybe you should find your way out of here and go to the Dark side..... :machinegun: :celebrate:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:50 am 
Light Heavyweight

Hey TS...
Why not campaign to boycott the Cotto-Mayweather fight.

It will send a strong signal to Tweety Bird Floyd that he should accept a 50-50 split with Manny.

The problem is not with Manny, it's with Tweety Bird Floyd as he is too greedy. Or just too afraid of loosing his "0" loss.

He gave Cotto a 65-35 split, but the best he could offer Manny is 70-30. What's is Floyd thinking. Manny is a bigger PPV draw than Cotto by a mile...

It just proved that Tweety Bird Floyd is afraid to loose, and Manny has the tools to erase his precious "0" away...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:50 am 
Middleweight

geno2k3 wrote:

mukha mo... :lol:

Trans: lol :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:00 am 
Lightweight

u r a big joke..this fight is exciting n i cant wait to see..this is a good replacement for gayweather...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:01 am 
Heavyweight

Mayweather did not want to fight. Who would Manny fight instead? Bradley is a good replacement. Young, undefeated, accomplished. True champion.

Beginning to believe that the Mayweather fight will never happen. Already a lot of money and Floyd still did not want to fight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 am 
Heavyweight

come on ts i watched ur idol :D

║▌│█│║▌║││█║▌│
© ΘRIGINAL PRΘFILE ®

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:14 am 
Light Heavyweight

THIS IS A VERY SUSPICIOUS THREAD STARTER.

Is the threadstarter related to Floyd Mayweather Jr. whose fight with Cotto is not the fight we want?

Is the threadstarter Floyd Mayweather Jr. himself who offered an unfair and unacceptable demands to Pacquiao and did not even listen to the counter-offer which is more fair and
better?

It should rather be: Boycott the Mayweather-Cotto fight, with an obvious reason... lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:20 am 
Featherweight

I'll still watch the fight, but it's just not the fight that we all want to see

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:29 am 
Welterweight

this is a damn good fight, if you ask me.