Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=215463
Page 4 of 5

Author:  sparrow [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

geno2k3 wrote:
1: This is the biggest and most important point. We have to show Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao that they cannot just make any fight they want. They have to make one that appeals to all boxing fans, the general public and Manny Pacquiao fans as best they can. They cant just throw a fight at us and expect to make lots of money.

What can we do, floyd doesn't want to fight? IMO, next to floyd, bradley is the best fight for manny.
geno2k3 wrote:
2: The second most important point. Pacquiao will realize that the money wasnt good for this fight.

I myself doesn't agree with bob arum's match making. But boxing is business and bob is in the business for decades now. He knows how to sell fights. They said Marquez couldn't draw flies but look, he was the one who gave pacquiao the biggest PPV to date. This fight will sell, it's either because of arum's promotion or by simply because of pacquiao himself.
geno2k3 wrote:
3: Bradley has little to no chance to win against Pacquiao. Yes there is an off chance Bradley can catch Pacquiao and knock him out but come on. Pacquiao has taken punches from bigger and stronger men and hasn't gone down.

This fight will be interesting. If manny performs bad against bradley (which you consider a B class fighter), then we can say that super manny has lost it.

geno2k3 wrote:
4: The fight will be a SNOOZER. This fight will not be exciting at all and this is due to Manny losing his fire. This fight will go to a decision, BOOKMARK this and remember my words. This will not be a war because Bradley does not want to be knocked out and Pacquiao will not seek it.

manny has never been in any boring fight and i have enjoyed bradley's previous fights. bradley really does show up to fight. he is a dangerous hungry lion at the moment (until pacman tames him). so i don't think that this will be a snoozer
geno2k3 wrote:
5: Prove to yourself that you aren't a mindless Pactard who will buy anything that has to do with Pacquiao. Prove to yourself that you are true boxing fan and this is not what we wanted.

Pagmanonood ng pacman-bradley pactard agad. di ba pwedeng pachugger muna :D
geno2k3 wrote:
Bob Arum should have done everything in his power to get Pacquiao in the ring with Mayweather but he didn't. He acts like Pacquiao doesnt need Mayweather but he does. Pacquiao's legacy is will forever be tarnished by not fighting Mayweather. This fight has to happen.

With or without floyd, the legacy of manny is already secured. he will be surely in the top 10 of the ATGs (some could arguably put him as high as the no. 2 spot). while floyd could be lucky if he makes it in the top 30. If he beats pacquiao, maybe he can make it in the top 20. So legacywise, floyd needs manny and not the otherway around.

geno2k3 wrote:
6: This is what is wrong with boxing. The only thing you can say that MMA does better than boxing, way better is fights people want actually happen. You see why fighters in the UFC never have a perfect record (for long)? Its because they are always pitted against the best and they can never duck or dodge anyone. The UFC does not care if you are a big star. If you cheat, duck or dodge you will be released. Boxing needs to follow this format so that there is no more ducking and dodging ever.

be a promoter, then comeback to this forum.

Author:  ako_barok [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:27 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

Who do you suggest that Pac fights now that PBF is a no go?


geno2k3 wrote:
1: This is the biggest and most important point. We have to show Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao that they cannot just make any fight they want. They have to make one that appeals to all boxing fans, the general public and Manny Pacquiao fans as best they can. They cant just throw a fight at us and expect to make lots of money.

2: The second most important point. Pacquiao will realize that the money wasnt good for this fight. Pacquiao will either pursue the FMJ fight or retire and continue being a politician. Either way Pacquiao fans win and this is why. Pac fighting Floyd is a no brainer but if Pacquiao retires its a win because he ends his career on a good note.
He does not stay in too long when his heart is clearly not in it anymore. His fame and fortune has clearly gotten to his head and his heart isn't in boxing anymore. God forbid he gets knocked out in the future.

3: Bradley has little to no chance to win against Pacquiao. Yes there is an off chance Bradley can catch Pacquiao and knock him out but come on. Pacquiao has taken punches from bigger and stronger men and hasn't gone down.

4: The fight will be a SNOOZER. This fight will not be exciting at all and this is due to Manny losing his fire. This fight will go to a decision, BOOKMARK this and remember my words. This will not be a war because Bradley does not want to be knocked out and Pacquiao will not seek it.

5: Prove to yourself that you aren't a mindless Pactard who will buy anything that has to do with Pacquiao. Prove to yourself that you are true boxing fan and this is not what we wanted. Bob Arum should have done everything in his power to get Pacquiao in the ring with Mayweather but he didn't. He acts like Pacquiao doesnt need Mayweather but he does. Pacquiao's legacy is will forever be tarnished by not fighting Mayweather. This fight has to happen.

6: This is what is wrong with boxing. The only thing you can say that MMA does better than boxing, way better is fights people want actually happen. You see why fighters in the UFC never have a perfect record (for long)? Its because they are always pitted against the best and they can never duck or dodge anyone. The UFC does not care if you are a big star. If you cheat, duck or dodge you will be released. Boxing needs to follow this format so that there is no more ducking and dodging ever.

Author:  jawo [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

Good job SPARROW for countering it point by point.

Author:  Graywolf [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

geno2k3 wrote:
1: This is the biggest and most important point. We have to show Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao that they cannot just make any fight they want. They have to make one that appeals to all boxing fans, the general public and Manny Pacquiao fans as best they can. They cant just throw a fight at us and expect to make lots of money.

2: The second most important point. Pacquiao will realize that the money wasnt good for this fight. Pacquiao will either pursue the FMJ fight or retire and continue being a politician. Either way Pacquiao fans win and this is why. Pac fighting Floyd is a no brainer but if Pacquiao retires its a win because he ends his career on a good note.
He does not stay in too long when his heart is clearly not in it anymore. His fame and fortune has clearly gotten to his head and his heart isn't in boxing anymore. God forbid he gets knocked out in the future.

3: Bradley has little to no chance to win against Pacquiao. Yes there is an off chance Bradley can catch Pacquiao and knock him out but come on. Pacquiao has taken punches from bigger and stronger men and hasn't gone down.

4: The fight will be a SNOOZER. This fight will not be exciting at all and this is due to Manny losing his fire. This fight will go to a decision, BOOKMARK this and remember my words. This will not be a war because Bradley does not want to be knocked out and Pacquiao will not seek it.

5: Prove to yourself that you aren't a mindless Pactard who will buy anything that has to do with Pacquiao. Prove to yourself that you are true boxing fan and this is not what we wanted. Bob Arum should have done everything in his power to get Pacquiao in the ring with Mayweather but he didn't. He acts like Pacquiao doesnt need Mayweather but he does. Pacquiao's legacy is will forever be tarnished by not fighting Mayweather. This fight has to happen.

6: This is what is wrong with boxing. The only thing you can say that MMA does better than boxing, way better is fights people want actually happen. You see why fighters in the UFC never have a perfect record (for long)? Its because they are always pitted against the best and they can never duck or dodge anyone. The UFC does not care if you are a big star. If you cheat, duck or dodge you will be released. Boxing needs to follow this format so that there is no more ducking and dodging ever.



I've got a few things to say to you....

What the hell is wrong with you, man?!

First and foremost, they're not doing business for your sake for they cannot please everyone just like you. Don't expect to just get the best fights out there all the time. The Mayweather fight didn't work out yet again, so get on with it. They can't just simply muscle their way to get a fight that everybody wants to see if the circumstances don't permit. So, just be happy of what you get. You don't even pay, you just watch.

Author:  thazz [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

HUNA wrote:
This will be a GOOD FIGHT.

Fact is, FLOYD was NEVER serious about Fighting PACQUIAO...He never was.

There is about $200 Million on the Table for both Fighters to divide up. FLOYD demanded that Manny only
get $40 Million and NO PAY PER VIEW SHARE...That isn't a real offer...Manny would have been a fool to
accept that. FLOYD knew Manny wouldn't settle for that, no self respecting Pound 4 Pound Champion would. FLOYD just had to make it APPEAR that he wasn't the obstacle.

With FLOYD its always an excuse...First excuse..WHO is MANNY PACQUIAO? Second excuse: I CAN"T fight in TEXAS (actually true: his performance enhancement drug of choice Xylocaine is banned in Texas)
Third Excuse: Take the TEST, Fourth Excuse: Demanding that he Get 70 to 80 Percent of all the money involved leaving Manny with only 20 to 30 Percent....

So Why should I boycott a Pacquiao Fight when FLOYD declined the most REASONABLE OFFER of ALL.

55-45 SPLIT, winner taking the LIONS SHARE?

Floyd will NEVER fight PACQUIAO...Slavery ended in 1865 so FORCE cannot be used to get FLOYD in the
Ring with MANNY. You can lead a Horse to Water but you can't make it drink...



very well, this is like what i have in mind. whatever happens floyd will never fight pacman, unless he see pacman with the belly just like all the other congressmen (",)

Author:  sparrow [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:46 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

jawo wrote:
Good job SPARROW for countering it point by point.


Thanks Mod :D

Author:  El Bandido [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

Present!

Author:  dencioPT101 [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:25 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

this is a good fight with manny against a young undefeated champion in bradley.

besides mayweather was never really sincere in his offer to fight manny. he offered manny 40million dollars with no pay per view share. manny disagrees and wants and 50-50 split, then floyd hanged up. just how sincere is that?! :shock:

Author:  bugoyparin [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

99% disagree with you...

and 1% agree on your post... (errrrr becoz its you who post)


i think its better we boycott you, here's why?

1. boxing doesn't need you...

Author:  studstar [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

i think manny will make it an exciting match, bradley is less a stiff than clottey, this will be a good fight.

Author:  marinduque [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

Boycott-boycott pa kayong alam diyan.. Manonood din naman kahit live stream.. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

When you say boycott, commit yourself not to watch even a single video of it.. Daming reklamador ngayon.. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Author:  procopio [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

This is the first time in my life that I won't be watching a Pacquiao fight ... BOYCOTT definitely !! 8)

Author:  IGOROT [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:53 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

procopio wrote:
This is the first time in my life that I won't be watching a Pacquiao fight ... BOYCOTT definitely !! 8)


but will it be your first time to watch a bradley fight? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Author:  majayjay [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

geno2k3 wrote:
1: This is the biggest and most important point. We have to show Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao that they cannot just make any fight they want. They have to make one that appeals to all boxing fans, the general public and Manny Pacquiao fans as best they can. They cant just throw a fight at us and expect to make lots of money.

2: The second most important point. Pacquiao will realize that the money wasnt good for this fight. Pacquiao will either pursue the FMJ fight or retire and continue being a politician. Either way Pacquiao fans win and this is why. Pac fighting Floyd is a no brainer but if Pacquiao retires its a win because he ends his career on a good note.
He does not stay in too long when his heart is clearly not in it anymore. His fame and fortune has clearly gotten to his head and his heart isn't in boxing anymore. God forbid he gets knocked out in the future.

3: Bradley has little to no chance to win against Pacquiao. Yes there is an off chance Bradley can catch Pacquiao and knock him out but come on. Pacquiao has taken punches from bigger and stronger men and hasn't gone down.

4: The fight will be a SNOOZER. This fight will not be exciting at all and this is due to Manny losing his fire. This fight will go to a decision, BOOKMARK this and remember my words. This will not be a war because Bradley does not want to be knocked out and Pacquiao will not seek it.

5: Prove to yourself that you aren't a mindless Pactard who will buy anything that has to do with Pacquiao. Prove to yourself that you are true boxing fan and this is not what we wanted. Bob Arum should have done everything in his power to get Pacquiao in the ring with Mayweather but he didn't. He acts like Pacquiao doesnt need Mayweather but he does. Pacquiao's legacy is will forever be tarnished by not fighting Mayweather. This fight has to happen.

6: This is what is wrong with boxing. The only thing you can say that MMA does better than boxing, way better is fights people want actually happen. You see why fighters in the UFC never have a perfect record (for long)? Its because they are always pitted against the best and they can never duck or dodge anyone. The UFC does not care if you are a big star. If you cheat, duck or dodge you will be released. Boxing needs to follow this format so that there is no more ducking and dodging ever.


that makes you a true boxing fan, huh

Author:  procopio [ Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:33 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Boycott the Pacquiao-Bradley fight, heres why.

IGOROT wrote:
procopio wrote:
This is the first time in my life that I won't be watching a Pacquiao fight ... BOYCOTT definitely !! 8)


but will it be your first time to watch a bradley fight? :lol: :lol: :lol:


No sir! :D I watched him fought his prev fight , I forgot the name of his opponent tho...but I am flexible, might change my mind. :lol:

Page 4 of 5 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/