Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 5:38 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

HUNA wrote:
This will be a GOOD FIGHT.

Fact is, FLOYD was NEVER serious about Fighting PACQUIAO...He never was.

There is about $200 Million on the Table for both Fighters to divide up. FLOYD demanded that Manny only
get $40 Million and NO PAY PER VIEW SHARE...That isn't a real offer...Manny would have been a fool to
accept that. FLOYD knew Manny wouldn't settle for that, no self respecting Pound 4 Pound Champion would. FLOYD just had to make it APPEAR that he wasn't the obstacle.

With FLOYD its always an excuse...First excuse..WHO is MANNY PACQUIAO? Second excuse: I CAN"T fight in TEXAS (actually true: his performance enhancement drug of choice Xylocaine is banned in Texas)
Third Excuse: Take the TEST, Fourth Excuse: Demanding that he Get 70 to 80 Percent of all the money involved leaving Manny with only 20 to 30 Percent....

So Why should I boycott a Pacquiao Fight when FLOYD declined the most REASONABLE OFFER of ALL.

55-45 SPLIT, winner taking the LIONS SHARE?

Floyd will NEVER fight PACQUIAO...Slavery ended in 1865 so FORCE cannot be used to get FLOYD in the
Ring with MANNY. You can lead a Horse to Water but you can't make it drink...

AGREE!!! We will never see Pac-Floyd in the ring!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 am 
Light Heavyweight

geno2k3 wrote:
1: This is the biggest and most important point. We have to show Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao that they cannot just make any fight they want. They have to make one that appeals to all boxing fans, the general public and Manny Pacquiao fans as best they can. They cant just throw a fight at us and expect to make lots of money.

2: The second most important point. Pacquiao will realize that the money wasnt good for this fight. Pacquiao will either pursue the FMJ fight or retire and continue being a politician. Either way Pacquiao fans win and this is why. Pac fighting Floyd is a no brainer but if Pacquiao retires its a win because he ends his career on a good note.
He does not stay in too long when his heart is clearly not in it anymore. His fame and fortune has clearly gotten to his head and his heart isn't in boxing anymore. God forbid he gets knocked out in the future.

3: Bradley has little to no chance to win against Pacquiao. Yes there is an off chance Bradley can catch Pacquiao and knock him out but come on. Pacquiao has taken punches from bigger and stronger men and hasn't gone down.

4: The fight will be a SNOOZER. This fight will not be exciting at all and this is due to Manny losing his fire. This fight will go to a decision, BOOKMARK this and remember my words. This will not be a war because Bradley does not want to be knocked out and Pacquiao will not seek it.

5: Prove to yourself that you aren't a mindless Pactard who will buy anything that has to do with Pacquiao. Prove to yourself that you are true boxing fan and this is not what we wanted. Bob Arum should have done everything in his power to get Pacquiao in the ring with Mayweather but he didn't. He acts like Pacquiao doesnt need Mayweather but he does. Pacquiao's legacy is will forever be tarnished by not fighting Mayweather. This fight has to happen.

6: This is what is wrong with boxing. The only thing you can say that MMA does better than boxing, way better is fights people want actually happen. You see why fighters in the UFC never have a perfect record (for long)? Its because they are always pitted against the best and they can never duck or dodge anyone. The UFC does not care if you are a big star. If you cheat, duck or dodge you will be released. Boxing needs to follow this format so that there is no more ducking and dodging ever.

I have a better solution, boycott TS' thread and we'll watch Pacquiao murder Bradley.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:15 am 
Welterweight

Kano PacMan Fan wrote:
geno2k3 wrote:
1: This is the biggest and most important point. We have to show Bob Arum and Manny Pacquiao that they cannot just make any fight they want. They have to make one that appeals to all boxing fans, the general public and Manny Pacquiao fans as best they can. They cant just throw a fight at us and expect to make lots of money.

2: The second most important point. Pacquiao will realize that the money wasnt good for this fight. Pacquiao will either pursue the FMJ fight or retire and continue being a politician. Either way Pacquiao fans win and this is why. Pac fighting Floyd is a no brainer but if Pacquiao retires its a win because he ends his career on a good note.
He does not stay in too long when his heart is clearly not in it anymore. His fame and fortune has clearly gotten to his head and his heart isn't in boxing anymore. God forbid he gets knocked out in the future.

3: Bradley has little to no chance to win against Pacquiao. Yes there is an off chance Bradley can catch Pacquiao and knock him out but come on. Pacquiao has taken punches from bigger and stronger men and hasn't gone down.

4: The fight will be a SNOOZER. This fight will not be exciting at all and this is due to Manny losing his fire. This fight will go to a decision, BOOKMARK this and remember my words. This will not be a war because Bradley does not want to be knocked out and Pacquiao will not seek it.

5: Prove to yourself that you aren't a mindless Pactard who will buy anything that has to do with Pacquiao. Prove to yourself that you are true boxing fan and this is not what we wanted. Bob Arum should have done everything in his power to get Pacquiao in the ring with Mayweather but he didn't. He acts like Pacquiao doesnt need Mayweather but he does. Pacquiao's legacy is will forever be tarnished by not fighting Mayweather. This fight has to happen.

6: This is what is wrong with boxing. The only thing you can say that MMA does better than boxing, way better is fights people want actually happen. You see why fighters in the UFC never have a perfect record (for long)? Its because they are always pitted against the best and they can never duck or dodge anyone. The UFC does not care if you are a big star. If you cheat, duck or dodge you will be released. Boxing needs to follow this format so that there is no more ducking and dodging ever.

I have a better solution, boycott TS' thread and we'll watch Pacquiao murder Bradley.

ts is soo genius.
why you have a point.do you have an idea how difficult it is to negotiate with mayweather how big is boxing as compared to mma. while there are some setbacks in boxing it still remains as one of biggest sport. as for now pac-bradley is reasonable enough though i also believe bradley is just a sacrifial boxer to add marketability to pac.
i wont probaly buy paperview but at least watch it. manunuod karin namn eh dami po pang arte :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:51 am 
Cruiserweight

geno2k3 wrote:
No I'm not boycotting the Mayweather-Cotto fight because that is going to be a good fight.

Mayweather-Cotto is the better fight and more popular fight and you guys know it.

For myself I will be ordering Mayweather-Cotto for $54.99 US and be watching Pacquiao-Bradley at a friends house.

Pacquiao is not worth a single penny anymore because he does not care about his boxing fans. He cares about being a politician.

mukha mo. :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:04 pm 
Middleweight

geno2k3 wrote:

I probably agrre on those points you raise but i still be watching the fight

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:12 pm 
Middleweight

geno2k3 wrote:
No I'm not boycotting the Mayweather-Cotto fight because that is going to be a good fight.

Mayweather-Cotto is the better fight and more popular fight and you guys know it.

For myself I will be ordering Mayweather-Cotto for $54.99 US and be watching Pacquiao-Bradley at a friends house.

Pacquiao is not worth a single penny anymore because he does not care about his boxing fans. He cares about being a politician.

well ts enlighten me you will be paying for mayweather-cotto fight but opts to watch pacquiao-bradley fight.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:50 am 
Heavyweight

no need to boycott this fight, it wont even sell as well. However i think it still does 1 million or slightly less like 900 K (much less than the 1.4 mil Pac is used to against JMM) Pac still makes big money guaranteed anyway

some reasons why this fight wont sell well:

1) Anger at MPM for his "gift win" against JMM

Lots of latinos bought that PPV, and most agree JMM was robbed. Therefore they wont waste their money on MPM

2) Anger at "Sugar Daddy" Arum for once again protecting his son against Money May

3) No name recognition for Timothy Bradley

4) It's after May-Cotto, so less will be interested in spending more money

NOW...HAVING SAID THAT...I THINK ITS A GREAT FIGHT, GREAT CHALLENGE FOR MPM

Gone are the days of fighting washed up, weight drained, bum fighters who dont come to win, only to survive.

Bradley is in it to win it.

Is MPM up to the task? Or is he no longer hungry to win? All questions will be answered June 9th, i cant wait

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 am 
Heavyweight

Weight should not be a problem for Bradley as he has been at this weight range since he was a teenager.

I know he has fought NORTH of 140 Pounds at least 13 times.

Bradley does have victories over Devon Alexander, Kendall Holt and Lamont Peterson.

Not saying Bradley is an ELITE fighter but he's as good as any opponent other than FLOYD that is out there for Pacquiao.

It will be good for his resume in historical retrospect to have a Few African-Americans on his resume.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:38 am 
Light Heavyweight

geno2k3 wrote:

OGAG!!! it was floyd who killed the fight.did you just land back to earth?...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:40 am 
Heavyweight

Daddy Arum wanted Cotto at 147, when Cotto said no he moved on to something he didnt want - Bradley

Arum knows Bradley could be a problem for Pac because he's not a slowpoke like Cotto and wont make Manny have an easy fight

Mayweather was never an option, of course Floyd in his own ego took the blame, but we all know its like saying someone started a forrest fire by throwing in a cigarette into the fire. The damage was already done, so theres no point if Floyd said no to the 50-50 deal because the fight was never gonna happen

Who started the fire? Arum. Floyd simply threw in a cigarette and Pactards put the blame on him :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:38 am 
Heavyweight

geno2k3 wrote:

OH MY god, i think YOU should be the ONE proving to US that YOU are not a mindless prick. :?