Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:48 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Pacquiao is done!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:54 am 
Light Heavyweight

IMO, it’s time for Manny to retire from boxing.

Father time is obvious.
He’s not the same dynamo and whirlwind boxer he used to be. There’s too little action happening in the ring making the fight boring at times. Manny is always coasting and will only get busy in the last minute of each round. That’s not the Pacquiao we mesmerized during his heydays. Look at his foot movements with Bradley and Marquez bout, can’t catch the older Marquez and the young lion in Bradley.

The Rematch.
I don’t believe him when he promised that he will KO Bradley in a rematch. If he wasn’t able to knockdown Tim on the last outing the harder it will be the next time they meet though he will still win via decision. It’s not like what occurred during the Morales first fight where he was able to adjust and KO Erik twice; it’s totally different scenario now that he’s much older.

P4P Ranking.
Sooner or later Pacquiao will vanish from the top 10 P4P ranking. Why would he wait for that to happen and see other boxers overtake him. It will be demoralizing for him to witness his descend and being taunted by his tormentors, haters and critics. Better for him to preserve his status now while he can.

The Fight.
If Manny is still aspiring for the Mayweather fight to happen, forget it. It did not happen during the previous tries when he has the leverage and certainly it will not materialize now that he lost. Mayweather has another excuse to bypass him unless he is willing to accept a much lower purse of $40M flat offered to him the last time. And if it ever happens, Mayweather will surely win.

The whole world knows who the real winner was and his name is not Bradley. That perception will stick to everyone’s mind. A rematch won’t do anything better and might get worse. Leave the sport you loved dearly with a solid legacy and great reputation still intact. Pacquiao is Legend.

Post subject: Re: PACQUIAO IS DONE!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:03 am 
Heavyweight

BERNARD HOPKINS - 47 y/o still fighting at a high level.

JUAN MANUEL MARQUEZ - 38 y/o his performance against MP speaks volume.

RANDALL BAILEY - 37 y/o just kayoed a young MIKE JONES to win the IBF welterweight belt..

not to mention the 35 y/o FMJ..

my point is MANNY still young at 33, he just needs to set his priorities straight if he wants to continue fighting and dominate the sport like he use to do.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:09 am 
Heavyweight

If I were Manny I would retire just because he already has a lot of money and for safety. But as a fighter? Please remember that Timothy Bradley is a young, undefeated world champion that he beat easily.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

Sargo wrote:
If I were Manny I would retire just because he already has a lot of money and for safety. But as a fighter? Please remember that Timothy Bradley is a young, undefeated world champion that he beat easily.

I agree with you. He's already rich and doesn't need to risk his health. Yes, he beat Bradley but not the way he used to do 3 years ago that's why the judges were not convinced.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:25 am 
Heavyweight

barakongbaog wrote:
Sargo wrote:

I agree with you. He's already rich and doesn't need to risk his health. Yes, he beat Bradley but not the way he used to do 3 years ago that's why the judges were not convinced.

These judges could have given the decision to Margarito the way they judged this fight.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:32 am 
Light Heavyweight

If Pacquiao is 100% healthy, meaning no concussion or signs of brain related injury, then no, I don't think he should retire yet.

He just beat a younger, undefeated fighter, who was supposed to give him the biggest challenge he's had since Cotto. I know he's already a lot of money, but who walks away from a potential, $80 to $100million earnings in two years?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:53 am 
Cruiserweight

Yeah pacquiao is done. He almost destroy bradley into a pulp but those judge have enough of pacman and they declared pacman has no right to win by a decision this time. Those judges were paid.

DREAM!! BELIEVE!! AND!! MULTIPLY!! OH YEAH!! XD

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

Yeah its time to Pacquiao to retire.. He cannot pull the trigger anymore... He is Absolutely Wash up and Done.. Even in a rematch he will going to lose to Bradley..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:08 am 
Heavyweight

i'm sure if pacquiao retire someday, ts will make another thread to beg pacquiao to keep fighting :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:12 am 
Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
i'm sure if pacquiao retire someday, ts will make another thread to beg pacquiao to keep fighting :biglaugh:

Medyo nakakatawa ito EC. It is a little bit funny. Just a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:12 am 
Heavyweight

barakongbaog wrote:
IMO, it’s time for Manny to retire from boxing.

Father time is obvious.
He’s not the same dynamo and whirlwind boxer he used to be. There’s too little action happening in the ring making the fight boring at times. Manny is always coasting and will only get busy in the last minute of each round. That’s not the Pacquiao we mesmerized during his heydays. Look at his foot movements with Bradley and Marquez bout, can’t catch the older Marquez and the young lion in Bradley.

The Rematch.
I don’t believe him when he promised that he will KO Bradley in a rematch. If he wasn’t able to knockdown Tim on the last outing the harder it will be the next time they meet though he will still win via decision. It’s not like what occurred during the Morales first fight where he was able to adjust and KO Erik twice; it’s totally different scenario now that he’s much older.

P4P Ranking.
Sooner or later Pacquiao will vanish from the top 10 P4P ranking. Why would he wait for that to happen and see other boxers overtake him. It will be demoralizing for him to witness his descend and being taunted by his tormentors, haters and critics. Better for him to preserve his status now while he can.

The Fight.
If Manny is still aspiring for the Mayweather fight to happen, forget it. It did not happen during the previous tries when he has the leverage and certainly it will not materialize now that he lost. Mayweather has another excuse to bypass him unless he is willing to accept a much lower purse of $40M flat offered to him the last time. And if it ever happens, Mayweather will surely win.

The whole world knows who the real winner was and his name is not Bradley. That perception will stick to everyone’s mind. A rematch won’t do anything better and might get worse. Leave the sport you loved dearly with a solid legacy and great reputation still intact. Pacquiao is Legend.

fighters do not improve with age, they decline with it.....just ask Ali, Sugary Ray Leonard, Roberto Duran, De la Hoya, Chavez, Mike Tyson and many others. Besides Pacman being a P4P king himself should know how to deal with fighters who elect to run in the fight instead of engaging him in a firefight look at Duran and Tyson and see how they cut the ring so well. It doesn't matter if the fighter stands toe to toe or runaway from them because their punch will still find them anyway. 8)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:13 am 
Heavyweight

ZeroCustom wrote:
Yeah its time to Pacquiao to retire.. He cannot pull the trigger anymore... He is Absolutely Wash up and Done.. Even in a rematch he will going to lose to Bradley..

what do you mean by WASH UP? Maybe you mean, WASH-out :shock: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:30 am 
Light Heavyweight

soyamilk wrote:
ZeroCustom wrote:

what do you mean by WASH UP? Maybe you mean, WASH-out :shock: :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

What do you mean by wash-out?you dont know?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:31 am 
Heavyweight

ZeroCustom wrote:
soyamilk wrote:
ZeroCustom wrote:

whatever dude :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:34 am 
Heavyweight

ZeroCustom wrote:
soyamilk wrote:
ZeroCustom wrote:

wash out meaning over the hill, laos in tagalog for you to comprehend better. :biglaugh: