Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 3:49 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: PACQUIAO IS DONE!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:33 am 
Flyweight

Manny should fight Mayweather in November, win or lose must retire afterwards. He need not want to see his glory fades before his eyes as father time will surely catch up on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:45 am 
Heavyweight

ZeroCustom wrote:
soyamilk wrote:
whatever dude :biglaugh:

are you ready to suck my **** with all your heart?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 am 
Middleweight

barakongbaog wrote:
IMO, it’s time for Manny to retire from boxing.

Father time is obvious.
He’s not the same dynamo and whirlwind boxer he used to be. There’s too little action happening in the ring making the fight boring at times. Manny is always coasting and will only get busy in the last minute of each round. That’s not the Pacquiao we mesmerized during his heydays. Look at his foot movements with Bradley and Marquez bout, can’t catch the older Marquez and the young lion in Bradley.

The Rematch.
I don’t believe him when he promised that he will KO Bradley in a rematch. If he wasn’t able to knockdown Tim on the last outing the harder it will be the next time they meet though he will still win via decision. It’s not like what occurred during the Morales first fight where he was able to adjust and KO Erik twice; it’s totally different scenario now that he’s much older.

P4P Ranking.
Sooner or later Pacquiao will vanish from the top 10 P4P ranking. Why would he wait for that to happen and see other boxers overtake him. It will be demoralizing for him to witness his descend and being taunted by his tormentors, haters and critics. Better for him to preserve his status now while he can.

The Fight.
If Manny is still aspiring for the Mayweather fight to happen, forget it. It did not happen during the previous tries when he has the leverage and certainly it will not materialize now that he lost. Mayweather has another excuse to bypass him unless he is willing to accept a much lower purse of $40M flat offered to him the last time. And if it ever happens, Mayweather will surely win.

The whole world knows who the real winner was and his name is not Bradley. That perception will stick to everyone’s mind. A rematch won’t do anything better and might get worse. Leave the sport you loved dearly with a solid legacy and great reputation still intact. Pacquiao is Legend.

Father time is obvious? I beg to disagree! Pacquiao looked sharp and focused. The only thing I saw lacking was Pacquiao bouncing the whole fight. But its probably better because all that bouncing could have been the reason for the cramps. Furthermore, Roach had an interview before the Khan-Peterson was cancelled and he advised Khan not to bounce too much because it skewed his vision. Without all that bouncing, Roach said that Khan can time Peterson better. If that is how Roach thinks and it applies to Khan then it would probably be the same principle for Pacman. Indeed Pacman is getting older, but he is being more efficient and could still clearly fight at a high level. Morales, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito were all come forward fighters. Mosley and Bradley were ALSO come forward fighters, BUT the RAN almost all night. Clottey on the other hand was there to be hit and didn't run, but he also never came out of his shell. To sum it up, how can Manny be effective if none of his opponents since Mosley weren't even in striking distance. Mosley and Bradley claimed to have foot problems. Isn't it ironic that despite claiming that they chose to run and possibly aggravate their situation? Only Marquez was the effective runner amongst the 3 because he was an aggressive counterpuncher. Pacquiao had cramps due to all the chasing it seems. And the blueprint to beat Manny appears to be just to fight not to lose. Sad.

With regard to the rematch I agree that Manny will not knock Bradley out. I also GUARANTEE it will be a snooze-fest. In Bradley's own admission, Manny won the first few rounds while he claimed he won the rest. The first 3 rounds were the only rounds full of action because both fighters were coming at it. The rest of the rounds Manny had to chase Bradley and when he did he'd get hugged like a raver on extacy! If that's how Bradley thinks he can win the decision in the eyes of the public then I'd rather not watch it. The regular come-forward and aggressive Bradley is boring enough. Imagine a runner Bradley? That would definitely put even people who just woke up right back to sleep!

I also agree that If Manny has no more opponents left then he should just retire. Either give JMM rematch or deal with Floyd's unfair demands. As for the rematch, I agree that Manny deserves it, BUT Bradley does not. He just fought not to get knocked out! He got the belt and should keep it, but as for another big payday against Manny? Hell no! He didn't entertain anybody by running and hugging anyway. The best thing for Bradley now is just to SHUT THE F*CK UP! He knows he lost. He doesn't need to go on interviews claiming he watched the tape and clearly won like he's doing now. He justifies that the close rounds were his. What close rounds were he talking about??? If he doesn't want people to hate on him more, he should just keep quiet and take reality in stride, just as Manny accepted the defeat even going as far as telling people not to blame Bradley. Hell maybe Marquez and Bradley should fight. I bet you even when it ends in a knockout BOTH fighters would still complain about something. Lol!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:38 am 
Heavyweight

Durant wrote:
manny dominated that undefeated in-his prime american fighter even if he's not the manny of old.
manny pls. dont accept the rematch with bradley it will make you like conspiring with those corrupt system.
leave tr or retire.

Hi, Durant. For a moment I thought you were another guy posting the last statement. :D

But I agree with you about this being a conspiracy (business) between TR & probably HBO, if that's what you imply.
TR and HBO are the biggest winners with a Pac loss, the officiating looks like they moved heaven (or hell?) and
earth to make it happen, according to script. One judge even suggested Bradley hurt his ankles in the early rounds
to show how Pac has deteriorated. Justifying their acts based on hindsight??? :lol:

"Marcos, Hitler, Diktador, TUTA. Patalsikin ang bangkay ni Marcos sa LNMB". PATALSIKIN!!!
____

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:42 am 
Heavyweight

I'm in for the rematch, because I will bet again for Bradley. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:45 am 
Middleweight

the truth is pacquiao's golden days are over. a rematch without a KO would make it even worse. manny should just retire and be like Eddie villanueva :lol:

forget mayweather because floyd will just toy pacquiao. the topic is right pacquiao is done in boxing. unless he goes back to his vices and just maybe his power would also return hahaha!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:46 am 
Cruiserweight

Durant wrote:
manny dominated that undefeated in-his prime american fighter even if he's not the manny of old. manny pls. dont accept the rematch with bradley it will make you like conspiring with those corrupt system. leave tr or retire.

+ 1.

somebody need to tell this to Manny,
or probably he knows it already.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 am 
Light Heavyweight

trustyler wrote:
barakongbaog wrote:
IMO, it’s time for Manny to retire from boxing.

Father time is obvious.
He’s not the same dynamo and whirlwind boxer he used to be. There’s too little action happening in the ring making the fight boring at times. Manny is always coasting and will only get busy in the last minute of each round. That’s not the Pacquiao we mesmerized during his heydays. Look at his foot movements with Bradley and Marquez bout, can’t catch the older Marquez and the young lion in Bradley.

The Rematch.
I don’t believe him when he promised that he will KO Bradley in a rematch. If he wasn’t able to knockdown Tim on the last outing the harder it will be the next time they meet though he will still win via decision. It’s not like what occurred during the Morales first fight where he was able to adjust and KO Erik twice; it’s totally different scenario now that he’s much older.

P4P Ranking.
Sooner or later Pacquiao will vanish from the top 10 P4P ranking. Why would he wait for that to happen and see other boxers overtake him. It will be demoralizing for him to witness his descend and being taunted by his tormentors, haters and critics. Better for him to preserve his status now while he can.

The Fight.
If Manny is still aspiring for the Mayweather fight to happen, forget it. It did not happen during the previous tries when he has the leverage and certainly it will not materialize now that he lost. Mayweather has another excuse to bypass him unless he is willing to accept a much lower purse of $40M flat offered to him the last time. And if it ever happens, Mayweather will surely win.

The whole world knows who the real winner was and his name is not Bradley. That perception will stick to everyone’s mind. A rematch won’t do anything better and might get worse. Leave the sport you loved dearly with a solid legacy and great reputation still intact. Pacquiao is Legend.

Father time is obvious? I beg to disagree! Pacquiao looked sharp and focused. The only thing I saw lacking was Pacquiao bouncing the whole fight. But its probably better because all that bouncing could have been the reason for the cramps. Furthermore, Roach had an interview before the Khan-Peterson was cancelled and he advised Khan not to bounce too much because it skewed his vision. Without all that bouncing, Roach said that Khan can time Peterson better. If that is how Roach thinks and it applies to Khan then it would probably be the same principle for Pacman. Indeed Pacman is getting older, but he is being more efficient and could still clearly fight at a high level. Morales, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Margarito were all come forward fighters. Mosley and Bradley were ALSO come forward fighters, BUT the RAN almost all night. Clottey on the other hand was there to be hit and didn't run, but he also never came out of his shell. To sum it up, how can Manny be effective if none of his opponents since Mosley weren't even in striking distance. Mosley and Bradley claimed to have foot problems. Isn't it ironic that despite claiming that they chose to run and possibly aggravate their situation? Only Marquez was the effective runner amongst the 3 because he was an aggressive counterpuncher. Pacquiao had cramps due to all the chasing it seems. And the blueprint to beat Manny appears to be just to fight not to lose. Sad.

With regard to the rematch I agree that Manny will not knock Bradley out. I also GUARANTEE it will be a snooze-fest. In Bradley's own admission, Manny won the first few rounds while he claimed he won the rest. The first 3 rounds were the only rounds full of action because both fighters were coming at it. The rest of the rounds Manny had to chase Bradley and when he did he'd get hugged like a raver on extacy! If that's how Bradley thinks he can win the decision in the eyes of the public then I'd rather not watch it. The regular come-forward and aggressive Bradley is boring enough. Imagine a runner Bradley? That would definitely put even people who just woke up right back to sleep!

I also agree that If Manny has no more opponents left then he should just retire. Either give JMM rematch or deal with Floyd's unfair demands. As for the rematch, I agree that Manny deserves it, BUT Bradley does not. He just fought not to get knocked out! He got the belt and should keep it, but as for another big payday against Manny? Hell no! He didn't entertain anybody by running and hugging anyway. The best thing for Bradley now is just to SHUT THE F*CK UP! He knows he lost. He doesn't need to go on interviews claiming he watched the tape and clearly won like he's doing now. He justifies that the close rounds were his. What close rounds were he talking about??? If he doesn't want people to hate on him more, he should just keep quiet and take reality in stride, just as Manny accepted the defeat even going as far as telling people not to blame Bradley. Hell maybe Marquez and Bradley should fight. I bet you even when it ends in a knockout BOTH fighters would still complain about something. Lol!

That was a great analysis bro, thanks for sharing. I also agree that a rematch will only serve as a reward for Bradley which he doesn't deserve. It will also justify and tolerate the judges' wrong decision so NO to rematch.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 am 
Heavyweight

Aspen wrote:
the truth is pacquiao's golden days are over. a rematch without a KO would make it even worse. manny should just retire and be like Eddie villanueva :lol:

forget mayweather because floyd will just toy pacquiao. the topic is right pacquiao is done in boxing. unless he goes back to his vices and just maybe his power would also return hahaha!

is that a truth? :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:52 am 
Light Heavyweight

ZeroCustom wrote:
soyamilk wrote:
whatever dude :biglaugh:

are you already accept the defeat of pacman with all your heart?

no wonder why they call you zeroiq

EVERYTHING IS PERMITTED

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:58 am 
Middleweight

This fight has made pacquiaos popularity even bigger. A true boxing fan knows he won. Those who think differently are people whose opinions have been skewed. Even Floyd said he won. Pacquiaos next fight will bring in even more people to watch him reclaim his title. This was one hell of a risky move by Bob arum but a very smart move.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:27 pm 
Cruiserweight

reigncourts wrote:
Durant wrote:
manny dominated that undefeated in-his prime american fighter even if he's not the manny of old.
manny pls. dont accept the rematch with bradley it will make you like conspiring with those corrupt system.
leave tr or retire.

Hi, Durant. For a moment I thought you were another guy posting the last statement. :D

But I agree with you about this being a conspiracy (business) between TR & probably HBO, if that's what you imply.
TR and HBO are the biggest winners with a Pac loss, the officiating looks like they moved heaven (or hell?) and
earth to make it happen, according to script. One judge even suggested Bradley hurt his ankles in the early rounds
to show how Pac has deteriorated. Justifying their acts based on hindsight??? :lol:

Good pm sir. Dont know how to think of this fight anymore and the decision. Just curious how this will unfold with so many stories that will surely come out in the coming weeks. Manny has been involved already in 2 of the biggest boxing controversies already (promotional disputes between 2 of the biggest, tr and gbp that ends well i suppose, and that one involving ppv business between hbo and showtime that saw one long serving president leaving) and thats fine. controversy sells. but this one is different its now boxing the very core of it that we're talking (hell i never watched and would never be an mma or ufc fan just for the love of boxing).

hope manny finds courage to criticize what could have been wrong for certainly this has been going on since it has been tolerated for so long time. manny must reject a rematch first with bradley and tell the world he alread won convingcingly. otherwise this will backfire on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:31 pm 
Heavyweight

no need

Pacquiao has two more years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:42 pm 
Welterweight

Simple. He needs to remove one more distraction in his life when training. Hard core boxing and religious fundamentalism is like oil and water.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:18 pm 
Welterweight

ZeroCustom wrote:
Yeah its time to Pacquiao to retire.. He cannot pull the trigger anymore... He is Absolutely Wash up and Done.. Even in a rematch he will going to lose to Bradley..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

walang alam sa boxing

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next