Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:27 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

bringpacmantobigd wrote:
enolrahc wrote:
So this is how you just defeat a champion ( a pound for pound as a matter of fact and the most recognized boxer of this era )...swing wildly and throw how much as you can.........ridiculous.....

It happened before. Go check out Hagler vs Leonard. Sugar Ray dazzled the judges with "hand speed". Hagler lost. He was furious because Leonard never hurt him. He quit boxing after that, frustrated how judges can be swayed by something so tricky. He was still in his prime too.

How could you compare Hagler vs Leonard to MP vs Bradley? That fight was so close and could have gone either way.
Ok, lets compare..

Although Hagler was the aggressor and landed the more powerful shots, Leonard is more accurate ( 49% to MH's 37%). He dictates the tempo of the fight, especially in the early rounds, and pinpoint counter-punching for the rest of the round. And before the final bell rang, most of the people watching the fight knew that Leonard will win the fight.

Here, Manny is the aggressor, landed the more powerful shots, is more accurate and dictates the tempo of the fight. And after 9 or 10 rounds, most, if not all, of the people watching the fight, knew that Manny would win the bout.

Now, there's the comparison :-)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:29 pm 
Light Heavyweight

SPIDEYMAN wrote:
So what about the compubox PAC vs. JMM 3?

My point is, scoring I believe is based how you had a good/clean shots, and landed perfectly without a doubt.

That's why this a very close fight just by looking at the landed punches per round.....unlike the fight with bradley where pac almost dominated the landed punches per round....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:12 pm 
Middleweight

SPIDEYMAN wrote:

My point is, scoring I believe is based how you had a good/clean shots, and landed perfectly without a doubt.

you are correct, but it's fact that its base on landed shots and not missed shots, not a believe. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

SPIDEYMAN wrote:

Thanks for the link bro.

From this compubox tally, you can see that Manny was the active fighter for that fight. He threw more total punches, although Marquez landed with a higher percentage. On total punches (32% vs 30%), and on jabs (21% vs 19%), and a was only behind on power punches (39% vs 43%).

On a round per round basis, Manny leads on every round in terms of punches thrown, and jabs thrown. But on power punches, it's only 7 - 5 in favor for Manny.

So you see, the Marquez-Pacquiao compubox stat can be interpreted the same way as the Bradley-Pacquiao compubox stat. Sometimes, in the judges' eyes, the "active" fighter, wins over the more "efficient" fighter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:00 am 
Cruiserweight

bringpacmantobigd wrote:
SPIDEYMAN wrote:

Thanks for the link bro.

From this compubox tally, you can see that Manny was the active fighter for that fight. He threw more total punches, although Marquez landed with a higher percentage. On total punches (32% vs 30%), and on jabs (21% vs 19%), and a was only behind on power punches (39% vs 43%).

On a round per round basis, Manny leads on every round in terms of punches thrown, and jabs thrown. But on power punches, it's only 7 - 5 in favor for Manny.

So you see, the Marquez-Pacquiao compubox stat can be interpreted the same way as the Bradley-Pacquiao compubox stat. Sometimes, in the judges' eyes, the "active" fighter, wins over the more "efficient" fighter.

the BEST THING TODO IS A REMATCH KNOCKTHE FVCK OUT BRADLEY NO QUESTIONS ASK FOR PAC OR BETTER RETIRE PERIOD.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 9:12 pm 
Heavyweight

hohoho.

PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 11:29 am 
Bantamweight

hightimes wrote:
hohoho.

yeah...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing ... ision.html