Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:30 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:27 am 
Welterweight

Here's the article -> http://sports.inquirer.net/75281/pacqui ... says-roach

They intend to come in at 146-147 and they know that JMM will come in at around 142-143

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:32 am 
Heavyweight

TA2M wrote:
wow, why are there so many nervous speculators here?

yes, you are correct bro!..i've been telling them to stop drinking too much caffeine...it's bad for our health!... :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:33 am 
Middleweight

tulindoy wrote:
Here's the article -> http://sports.inquirer.net/75281/pacqui ... says-roach

They intend to come in at 146-147 and they know that JMM will come in at around 142-143

People sometimes put too much thought into the weigh-ins.. what will matter is on top of that ring tomorrow..

GO MANNY

(Matthew 12:36-37)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:34 am 
Light Heavyweight

Anybody knows how to contact Jinkee or team Pacquiao. We are here at the MGM and able to watch the weigh in.
My wife spotted Jinkee and her group and my wife got so excited she wants to meet Jinkee even for a short while.
Will appreciate greatly if you can provide me with the info.
Thanks a lot.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:35 am 
Heavyweight

fonzy wrote:
jjcross wrote:
Marquez is in tip top shape while I doubt Manny's condition.
Signs of great shape when you weight lighter while you are bigger. Same with **** fighting Derby.
Skin tone- Marquez is visibly shiny than Manny maybe he is putting vaseline ahead of the fight.
Well defined shoulder- They may have the same physical structures but Marquez shoulders are looking so much stronger.
Marquez is cheating I'm sure with PED, of course no one can prove it but the way he look at 39 his younger brother is the best evidence.

ito pa isang expert. smh. tsk tsk tsk.

If Manny can't KO Marquez within 3 rounds it's over for Manny.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:37 am 
Cruiserweight

pac via 9 round t.k.o

but if his right hook will clearly connects and hit the target (jaw or temple of jmm) it will be an early fight! 5 round k.o

anyways it just a matter of hitting the target for pac unlike his 3rd fight so many missing power shots for him! i hope this time he hits the target! jaw and temple of jmm!

“Everything will usually get worse before it gets better, but when it does get better...remember all who put you down and all who helped you up. Forgive but never forget. Let Karma take care of all the rest.” - TP

Last edited by reynerose on Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:40 am 
Light Heavyweight

barakongbaog wrote:
Anybody knows how to contact Jinkee or team Pacquiao. We are here at the MGM and able to watch the weigh in.
My wife spotted Jinkee and her group and my wife got so excited she wants to meet Jinkee even for a short while.
Will appreciate greatly if you can provide me with the info.
Thanks a lot.

call belo medical! ask vicky! :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:44 am 
Light Heavyweight

Lildevalt wrote:
ARKAN wrote:
Marquez appears to have scored an initial victory of sorts at the weigh-in. He succeeded in making the Pac camp believe that he would come in heavy with the way he projected his physique during photo ops of his training. And the Pac camp unwittingly obliged by coming in at the welterweight limit thereby sacrificing his perceived speed advantage (although there's not much to it during their third fight). With the speed factor almost even, precision, technique and timing will come into play and JMM has them in abundance. JMM decision or TKO on cuts.

On the contrary, i expect a quicker Manny this time. Speed is what their camp is aiming for in skipping the strength and conditioning rituals. The power is already there.

I agree. Furthermore, Manny should forget power altogether and it would be reckless to go for the quick KO. Using the speed is the best strategy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:46 am 
Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:
fonzy wrote:
jjcross wrote:
Signs of great shape when you weight lighter while you are bigger. Same with **** fighting Derby.
Skin tone- Marquez is visibly shiny than Manny maybe he is putting vaseline ahead of the fight.
Well defined shoulder- They may have the same physical structures but Marquez shoulders are looking so much stronger.
Marquez is cheating I'm sure with PED, of course no one can prove it but the way he look at 39 his younger brother is the best evidence.

ito pa isang expert. smh. tsk tsk tsk.

If Manny can't KO Marquez within 3 rounds it's over for Manny.

really... there's still 9 more rounds after the first 3 rounds... :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:49 am 
Heavyweight

Pacman Go for R1 KO! 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:52 am 
Heavyweight

bradley might help jmm for this fight... wrong section.. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:52 am 
Cruiserweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
147 might be too heavy for pacman.

i hope he won't be sluggish at this weight.

Don't worry. Pacquiao is really only 144lbs. The 3 extra lbs. come from his balls of steel.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:54 am 
Heavyweight

I don't understand this. JMM is showing more muscles looking very large and is 143 at the weight in? Why the need to dehydrate when he can come in very comfortable at 147 ibs?! I am scratching my head here. Sounds like an alibi in the making just in case .....

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:55 am 
Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:

Coach jj, manny has been in the welterweight division longer than Marquez. He developed his muscles far ahead. Albeit Marquez appears more cut and ripped than Pacquiao but i doubt if he could be any faster than last time. The danger of packing more muscles in directly affects the speed. It slowed down Pacquiao before if u notice. Marquez looks bigger than his physique in the rubbermatch but is actually of the same weight. I don't think Pacquiao is flabby at all. It's just the immediate impression when people see him standing next to a more muscular boy. I hope u still remember, we talked about the negative effects of lifting weights that probably defined Marquez's broad shoulders. I think i saw him lifting weights during training. Of course, he's working on his power and punch tolerance. Maybe, he devoted his preparation to sharpen his timing and accuracy against speed.

I don't think Marquez is doping if u consider the rigid dedication he put into his training preparation and prior to that. Lest we forget, he is naturally bigger than Manny. About Marquez looking younger than his brother and enjoying more effective longevity can be attributed to their styles and prime preservation. Rafael is also a counter puncher but the more aggressive one. Anyone who figures in bloody, brutal encounters with Israel Vasquez will surely age faster and look older.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:57 am 
Light Heavyweight

Juan_AlmightY wrote:
tagacapitolio wrote:
MP looks flabby while JMM looks very fit.

Not if you look closely..

Idol talaga si brod Juan Almighty! :beer:

Lalo na when it comes to confidential images. :mrgreen:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next