Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:29 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:43 am 
Heavyweight

tagacapitolio wrote:
MP looks flabby while JMM looks very fit.

Do you know what you're talking about?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:44 am 
Cruiserweight

tagacapitolio wrote:

If that is the look of "flabby" then I'd like to be flabby al the time. :D

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:00 am 
Heavyweight

Fists_of_Fury wrote:
jamsky wrote:
I watched the weigh-in. Marquez looks serious and ready to go. Manny looks a little bit tense and trying to avoid Marquez.

You don't want to look too much at the goat you're gonna slaughter... :biglaugh:

:D im excited!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:07 am 
Light Heavyweight

147 is good for Pac. That's how he KDed his sparring mates 4 times, with the added weights.
He's already preparing for Money fight next year that might be at 154lbs.
We all know Mayweather, he won't fight Manny at 147.

Come fight night tomorrow, Pac will be at 147 - 148 while Marquez will be at 145 - 146.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:10 am 
Heavyweight

I remember Fernando Vargaz looking like a Mr Olympia contestant before the fight with Oscar.
Late round burnout then a TKO loss. 8)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:11 am 
Heavyweight

BEELZEBUB wrote:
tagacapitolio wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if you want to troll, please be sensible...

Tanong lang baklitang radeona, nasa WORLD CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

Ay eto pa, nasa ASIAN CUP na ba yung mga fafa mo?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:16 am 
Cruiserweight

These weights are only relevant during weigh in. Both made the welterweight limit (147). Their fight-night weights matter more. Pacquiao usually weighs between 144-147 since he started fighting at the welterweight limit. I think Pacquiao will maintain same weight at fight night (147). I hope Marquez adds more to his official weigh-in weight (143) at fight night as any amount added would slow him down further. Watch for tomorrow night's HBO PPV tip of the scales and pay attention to "Tonight's weight." I hope Nacho feeds Marquez lots of tacos, chimichangas, and burritos till fight night.

Last edited by 8 in 8 on Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:17 am 
Cruiserweight

Beristain : "Marquez will try to be more aggressive but would still fight with intelligence"
"Pacquiao has become slower and more predictable"

Roach : "Pacquiao will look for the knockout"
"Pacquiao will setup traps to force Marquez into a brawl"

I think Marquez would still fight the same way he fought Pacquiao in their previous encounters but will try to throw more combinations while Pacquiao this time will take more risks to force JMM into a brawl and be more unpredictable.

JMM might out-box Pacquiao in the early rounds but eventually the additional muscles, age and wear and tear might finally slow down JMM in the later rounds and Pacquiao will finish him this time.

If Pacquiao becomes sluggish and the fight reach the 12th round and once again becomes another close fight, I think this time the judges will give the decision win for JMM.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:26 am 
Heavyweight

dynamosparks wrote:
Beristain : "Marquez will try to be more aggressive but would still fight with intelligence"
"Pacquiao has become slower and more predictable"

Roach : "Pacquiao will look for the knockout"
"Pacquiao will setup traps to force Marquez into a brawl"

I think Marquez would still fight the same way he fought Pacquiao in their previous encounters but will try to throw more combinations while Pacquiao this time will take more risks to force JMM into a brawl and be more unpredictable.

JMM might out-box Pacquiao in the early rounds but eventually the additional muscles, age and wear and tear might finally slow down JMM in the later rounds and Pacquiao will finish him this time.

If Pacquiao becomes sluggish and the fight reach the 12th round and once again becomes another close fight, I think this time the judges will give the decision win for JMM.

yeah that's a distinct possibility since it already happened to Pac in the Bradley fight. It shattered the impression that the money-maker and the star attraction of Las Vegas(Pacman) would get the UD as long as the fight goes the distance.

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:30 am 
Heavyweight

jolz wrote:
BEELZEBUB wrote:
tagacapitolio wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

if you want to troll, please be sensible...

are you tagacapitolio?

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:33 am 
Strawweight

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 am 
Heavyweight

Btw, the fight plan on this one is simple.
Run over JMM. :shock:
Hence Pac came in heavy.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:51 am 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Btw, the fight plan on this one is simple.
Run over JMM. :shock:
Hence Pac came in heavy.

Of course, because Pac's strategist and weight inspiration is ... Buboy :biglaugh:

Go Pacman pa rin!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:52 am 
Heavyweight

ito pa isang expert. smh. tsk tsk tsk.[/quote]

If Manny can't KO Marquez within 3 rounds it's over for Manny.[/quote]

Quote:
really... there's still 9 more rounds after the first 3 rounds... :biglaugh:
[/quote]

Manny must think he is in Olympic fighting for 3 rounds because that's where Marquez is most vulnerable. I believe he can make it by pressing hard without let up it is full speed attack like it's the last round in the first 3 rounds. If he can't do it he must have plan a B to get into full 12 rounds and wait for Judges score cards.
But I think Manny can do it in 3 rounds if he wants to.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Lildevalt wrote:
jjcross wrote:
Marquez is in tip top shape while I doubt Manny's condition.
Signs of great shape when you weight lighter while you are bigger. Same with **** fighting Derby.
Skin tone- Marquez is visibly shiny than Manny maybe he is putting vaseline ahead of the fight.
Well defined shoulder- They may have the same physical structures but Marquez shoulders are looking so much stronger.
Marquez is cheating I'm sure with PED, of course no one can prove it but the way he look at 39 his younger brother is the best evidence.

Coach jj, manny has been in the welterweight division longer than Marquez. He developed his muscles far ahead. Albeit Marquez appears more cut and ripped than Pacquiao but i doubt if he could be any faster than last time. The danger of packing more muscles in directly affects the speed. It slowed down Pacquiao before if u notice. Marquez looks bigger than his physique in the rubbermatch but is actually of the same weight. I don't think Pacquiao is flabby at all. It's just the immediate impression when people see him standing next to a more muscular boy. I hope u still remember, we talked about the negative effects of lifting weights that probably defined Marquez's broad shoulders. I think i saw him lifting weights during training. Of course, he's working on his power and punch tolerance. Maybe, he devoted his preparation to sharpen his timing and accuracy against speed.

I don't think Marquez is doping if u consider the rigid dedication he put into his training preparation and prior to that. Lest we forget, he is naturally bigger than Manny. About Marquez looking younger than his brother and enjoying more effective longevity can be attributed to their styles and prime preservation. Rafael is also a counter puncher but the more aggressive one. Anyone who figures in bloody, brutal encounters with Israel Vasquez will surely age faster and look older.

Manny is not a natural Welterweight His natural weight is way under but because he is a "freak of nature" he was able to beat heavier fighters. About Marquez bulking up it would not slow him down, he is not into body building but to gain strength and speed that is two different thing. Noticed the fastest runner Bolt that is what they are gaining here Hedredia is the S&C coach of Bolt. If they were able to add those technique and with Marquez skills Pacquiao is actually in greater risk than any of the previous fight. That is a FACT.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next