Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:31 pm 
Featherweight

It's another nail-biter with Pacquiao and Bradley waging a fight of the year type bout. I just think Bradley is on the upswing, swelling with confidence after his two recent wins while Pacquiao is on the way down. As a result, I see Bradley controlling the bout with his superior boxing ability and winning a split decision, further nudging Pacquiao off the stage of the world's top fighters.
- Mitch Abramson, New York Daily News

Although he was clearly handled by Pacquiao in their first meeting — despite the judges' scores — the ensuing two years have been kinder to Bradley, who has evolved into a versatile and dynamic boxer with the fearlessness of a puncher. Bradley wins close split decision in a true pick 'em fight.
- Brian Campbell, ESPN.com

Manny Pacquiao really does lose this time on a split points decision. The styles don't gel. Pacquiao will want a war, Bradley will pick his shots. This is not the Manny Pacquiao of three years ago, tearing a strip off every opponent. There is a reason why Bradley is unbeaten. He finds a way. If it is God's will, Pacquiao could earn a decision
victory. I had him winning 117-111 first time around against Bradley.
- Gareth A. Davies, The Daily Telegraph

Hopeless romantics will want Manny Pacquiao to return to his best, as the awesome force that swirled so violently in 2009 and 2010. But since letting Margarito go the distance, his high-five fest with Mosley, the loss to Bradley, the knockout by Marquez and his failure to stop Rios – who took a lot of punishment – then it is hard to see him returning to his best at the age of 35. Bradley, as he has consistently shown, is a hard nut to crack. And while I think Pacquiao won last time, I don't think he will this time. Bradley on points.
- Tris Dixon, Boxing News

I was one of the few to pick Bradley by split decision the first time they fought – yet feel like I got it wrong, given the controversial nature of the final decision. This time, Tim leaves no doubt, winning an 8-4 type of fight. Bradley by Unanimous Decision.
- Jake Donovan, BoxingScene.com

I think Bradley will clearly outmanuever and outhustle Pacquiao in the majority of rounds, but a more intense and focused Pacman than the version Timmy faced in 2012 will have some strong moments in the fight. I think Pacquiao will rock Bradley at least once; he might score a knockdown. This will make the fight close on the official scorecards. I think most of the media will score the fight for Bradley, but the majority of the public will believe that Pacquiao once again deserved the nod. Bradley by Majority or Split Decision.
- Doug Fischer, RingTV.com

While I agree with the masses that Pacquiao deserved to win the first go-round in 2012, I also think the intervening two years have been kinder to Bradley. Particularly in his Marquez fight, he showed the varied skills he'll need to handle a Manny who's either still what he was back then, or a trifle diminished. He's got speed, he's got guts and he's got the patience and the smarts to stick to a game plan that might make for a dull fight… but a successful ending. Give me Tim by a close decision, 115-113 let's say, and get ready for the third match
- Lyle Fitzsimmons, CBSSports.com

Bradley has matured as a fighter and will be much better prepared. Pacquiao seems a little too overconfident. Bradley by Decision.
- Leighton Ginn, The Desert Sun

Bradley W12 — I believe Bradley’s confidence has soared after his wins over Provodnikov and Marquez. Bradley will avoid the ropes and keep the fight in the center of the ring, where his jab, lateral movement and boxing ability will carry the day.
- Kevin Iole, Yahoo! Spor

TEDDY ATLAS....WHERE ARE YOU???? YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID ANALYST in my view....

EAT your words all you mongoloids.... :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:33 pm 
Cruiserweight

thanks for letting us know this so called false prophets of boxing...pppweeee

Tirahin na yan baka tirahin ba ng iba.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:35 pm 
Welterweight

I like it when Teddy Atlas says manny will lose but most of the time it goes the other way lol

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:37 pm 
Light Heavyweight

With the prime Bradley as they remarkably noted but lost to Pacquiao. Pacquiao the old and on a downhill, should be considered the GOAT!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 1:40 pm 
Featherweight

Quote:
TEDDY ATLAS....WHERE ARE YOU???? YOU ARE THE MOST STUPID ANALYST in my view....

EAT your words all you mongoloids....

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:28 pm 
Featherweight

One thing I like with Teddy Atlas is the fact that he uses the video media to air out his stupidity....you won't hear from him again till the next fight of Pacquiao, wherein he will continue his stupid litany against Manny.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:30 pm 
Heavyweight

Jendl wrote:
I like it when Teddy Atlas says manny will lose but most of the time it goes the other way lol

As long as he doesn't change his stance against Manny......Manny will continue to win.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:34 pm 
Featherweight

correct... I like it when he says something bad against Manny... Manny wins. His stupidity is in fact doing Manny a favor... :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:53 pm 
Heavyweight

where's the prediction of redentor? :lol: :lol:

mga napaimbyerna ni master tarugo at napisti ng todo 1. ryanmikhael 2. bluechip 3. macario 4. superfly 5. pacstorm 6. ric_lois 7. palinang 8. paktol 9. gambol 10. joseph_inc 11. igorot 12. gorio 20/20 13. lytbendah 14. edap ..en da list kuntinyu..hihihi!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 3:21 pm 
Heavyweight

How bout false prophets here in Pacland Forums? :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:38 pm 
Welterweight

You looking for me?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:28 pm 
Featherweight

Any excuses from the false prophets so far??? I was scouring the net, I only read from one after Pacquiao demolished Bradley - it's from Gareth Davies from the Daily Telegraph. The rest hibernated.