Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:14 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:46 am 
Bantamweight

I keep hearing the excuse that he injured his right-calf in the first round as the reason he lost the direction of the fight.

But if so, how come Bradley dominated the first few rounds? All 3 judges even scored Round 4 and 5 to Bradley!

He keeps saying "No excuses!" but he just did.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:17 am 
Cruiserweight

BawalUmihiD2 wrote:
I keep hearing the excuse that he injured his right-calf in the first round as the reason he lost the direction of the fight.

But if so, how come Bradley dominated the first few rounds? All 3 judges even scored Round 4 and 5 to Bradley!

Did anyone hear him complain to his corner about it?
l think he could have injured it in the 1st, but tried to shake it off,
that's why he's still able to perform,
but eventually the injury became worse.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:29 am 
Middleweight

BawalUmihiD2 wrote:

I totally agree..i believe it was some kind of
cramp because Manny kept him moving.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:35 am 
Middleweight

we'll bradley himself said it's not an excuse but just like their first fight, he got injured dodging pac's flurry of punches. bradley's just not fast enough on the defensive end or either manny flurry of punches are one too fast to manny for bradley's legs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:43 am 
Middleweight

If he was injured then it contributed to his loss but it means that he is always injured when he fights Pacquiao because he cannot keep up with the speed and phasing of Manny. He simply is not in the league of Manny. Manny deserved to win.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

it's not an excuse. An injury happens unexpectedly and therefore it is okay for TB to say it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:20 am 
Middleweight

pinoypalakamongoloid wrote:
it's not an excuse. An injury happens unexpectedly and therefore it is okay for TB to say it.

Does it mean that if not for that alleged
calf injury, he could have done much better?
Or he could have won the fight? That's still an excuse bro :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:52 am 
Heavyweight

Manny also mentioned he had cramps but was able to block the pain and let go.........

....on his next fight, Manny should slowly train for 10 weeks and not cram again as what he did again this time...

....Manny should bring back the strength and conditioning coach who briefly assisted him during the Rios fight that resolved his cramps......

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:01 am 
Welterweight

Bradley had a big upper body which his small lower body failed to carry as he tried to twist and turn to evade Pacquiao's punches.....that is the reason why he keeps on injuring his leg/s.....if I'm not mistaken, Bradley also rolled his left ankle somewhere in the 7th round that's why his limp was very obvious from then on......without his lateral movements, he was easy picking for Pacquiao.....

the problem was, he can't train to have a smaller upper body because his power won't be there......given that they're battle plan was to floor Pacquiao, he really had no choice but to bulk up to strengthen the power behind his right overhand wallop.....