Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 1:03 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:46 am 
Heavyweight

do you think the pacquiao version that defeated bradley can still beat mayweather if ever the dream fight will materialize :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:15 am 
Light Heavyweight

In all honesty, I highly doubt it.

Four years ago, I have no doubt in my mind Pacquiao will beat PBF via decision.

But now, its a different story.

Here are some points.

During Pacman Prime

1. He has the mentality of "search and destroy"
2. He is on his toes when boxing
3. He can get out very fast to avoid right straight after throwing punches
etc...

Pacman of Now

1. Seems to show compassion to his opponents (because of religion? being a humanitarian? maybe)
2. Pacman is now flat footed. Even commentators have noticed this.
3. Pacman is now prone to right straight because of his inability to get out faster like he used to in during his fight.

Just my twocents...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:16 am 
Light Heavyweight

Also, PBF will have a big reach advantage over pacman if they will fight.

The older they fight, the better for PBF with his impecable timing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

Maybe PBF is just waiting for Pacman to slow down and then fight him.

I hope Manny will have one great fight in him if ever they will fight..

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:20 am 
Light Heavyweight

at primed or at this old...FLoyd Jr will humiliate Pac anyday...

now Pac is slowly sliding now after he retires Pac and Arum wanted to fight Floyd Jr just to earn some big cash just before retirement

so maybe this time they will face as planned

later this year or next year

this two will face eventually as planned

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:23 am 
Heavyweight

No. That's why it's better not to let it happen.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:24 am 
Heavyweight

Mayweather is getting older, too. In fact, he is older than Pacman. Mayweather is human, too. :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:35 am 
Heavyweight

imakaiw wrote:
Mayweather is getting older, too. In fact, he is older than Pacman. Mayweather is human, too. :D

But Mayweather's physical condition is much better. He is still sharp. understandably, Pacquiao's body, after so many wars behind him, is showing the effects of wear and tear. And he is no longer a full-time boxer. Meaning, he has less time to spend in the gym like Mayweather because he is pre occupied with politics and other time-consumming activities.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

Its a pretty even fight. If the manny of old would face mayweather, floyd would have won via decision. If they would fight today, its pretty much anyone's ballgame.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:53 am 
Bantamweight

Junorz wrote:
imakaiw wrote:

But Mayweather's physical condition is much better. He is still sharp. understandably, Pacquiao's body, after so many wars behind him, is showing the effects of wear and tear. And he is no longer a full-time boxer. Meaning, he has less time to spend in the gym like Mayweather because he is pre occupied with politics and other time-consumming activities.

Everything will just be speculation at this point. Whether Manny can beat Floyd or not they should fight first. Then we argue later. Manny and Floyd are the best Welterweights (period).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:54 am 
Welterweight

the Pac of today will have a 50/50 chance of beating the Mayweather Jr. of today.......if the fight took place 2-3 years ago, hands down, Pac would have annihilated FMJ.....

Pac is seriously declining and it was badly exposed by Bradley yesterday......Pacquiao lost the power behind his punches and most importantly, he lost the ability to take strong punches which is why he was able to mow down his opponents before.....that right overhand wallop that Bradley threw in the 4th scared me to hell.....the JMM lucky punch flashed back right before my eyes....good thing was that Pacquiao was able to recover from it but you could obviously see the tentativeness in his succeeding attacks.....

Bantamweight

I think Pac can still beat mayweather. Because Mayweather's style is more on Pot shots. He tends to wait for his opponents to stop throwing punches before he can throw some Pot Shots. When the opponent throws too much punches his initial reaction is to protect himself and use that shell defense because he is a defensive minded fighter and with Pac's case, hes going to have a lot of trouble because of the aggressive pressure (too many punches) with good footwork and handspeed (look at what cotto's pressure did to mayweather even though cotto is slower than Pac). Pac only had trouble with fast fighters that takes risk and engage with counters at the same time without thinking if they will be hit or not like bradley and marquez. styles makes fight. the only question is if mayweather will engage with pac if they fight which i highly doubt.

I've watched the replay of Pacquiao Bradley 2 (HBO version) last night and I can see Pac still has it. Bradley is just as fast that's why Pac looks slower than before and against slow fighters like Rios, surely Pac looks the same old Pac. But if you watch carefully, Pacquiao is still fast I think he hasnt lost it, his movements is the same and his handspeed(like the 10 punch combo and fast straights) Its just that bradley is slick and fast too and engages with overhand counter hooks which Pac got caught constantly(Pac showed he can handle those punches well).

with that being said, Yes, Pac still has a good chance to beat mayweather.

Last edited by boxing_112 on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

Heavyweight

the boss wrote:
do you think the pacquiao version that defeated bradley can still beat mayweather if ever the dream fight will materialize :)

he can defeat the version of mayweather who sucker punched ortiz .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:57 am 
Heavyweight

Unless they fight, Manny will never beat Mayweather...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:05 am 
Heavyweight

goldunderfire wrote:
In all honesty, I highly doubt it.

Four years ago, I have no doubt in my mind Pacquiao will beat PBF via decision.

But now, its a different story.

Here are some points.

During Pacman Prime

1. He has the mentality of "search and destroy"
2. He is on his toes when boxing
3. He can get out very fast to avoid right straight after throwing punches
etc...

Pacman of Now

1. Seems to show compassion to his opponents (because of religion? being a humanitarian? maybe)
2. Pacman is now flat footed. Even commentators have noticed this.
3. Pacman is now prone to right straight because of his inability to get out faster like he used to in during his fight.

Just my twocents...

Same here, even in their primes I thought PBF was still a little faster than Pacman and now Pacman has slowed down and so did PBF cause they are both older now but he is still faster than the Pacman in terms of reflexes and reaction time. The many wars that Manny has had is catching up with him but he is still a great fighter and an ATG and he proved that last night by beating Bradley who was a top 5 pound for pound fighter. :)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 153 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next