Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:21 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:22 pm 
Cruiserweight

For me Bradley's just too fast and has improved a lot.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:25 pm 
Cruiserweight

He's not slow. He was just more cautious in the fight with Bradley.

Oh it's so soooft.

Ahh! Your p*ssy hates me...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:00 pm 
Middleweight

Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
For me Bradley's just too fast and has improved a lot.

I agree 100% only fools says Pacquiao is now slower! NO CHANGE IN SPEED AT ALL!!!

It's because Bradley is a one tough cookie!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:11 pm 
Middleweight

I think he is. And it's probably not because of age. He weighed 151 lbs during fight night. That is the HEAVIEST fighting weight he has ever come in. Before he used to weigh in at 144-145 and fight at around 148. This time around, he gained 6 pounds since weigh-in. I guess Manny's body isn't used to rehydrating that much anymore.

I also noticed that when Manny throws looping shots he IS slow (just like everybody else), but when he throws straight, he is still fast.

Bradley also stated that Manny punched less hard this time around. I think it's because Tim was bobbing and weaving so low that Manny couldn't get the same shots he used to like before. Tim couldn't see the shots Manny was throwing so he probably thought the punches hitting him while bobbing and weaving were jab-straight combinations. Tim probably didn't see that when he bobbed and weaved, Manny was mostly throwing fast jabs downwards this time around since he probably knows it has a better chance of hitting Tim's head. Manny was prepared by Roach to box and everybody knows Bradley's bob and weave was somewhat successful in the first fight so Roach made their adjustments.

I didn't like Manny not responding to Bradley's body shots though. But hey, he took it well and showed he could still fight 3 minutes of the whole 12 rounds despite getting hit by those so who am I to complain.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

I never saw the speed difference. Maybe the punching power. But that is because he pulls back his weight quickly. He is now much more mobile and hard to hit. He is using his foot work better than ever before. This thing they say that he is losing his punching power and speed is pure BS.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:22 pm 
Cruiserweight

Yes Agree with TS

First, Bradley is really fast. I think at this point he is faster then Mayweather and better footwork.
Manny was cautious and wasn't expecting Bradley to go forward so his stance wasn't applying/matching well.

I am impressed that Manny was able to cope with Bradley's speed - at the age 35.

IMO, if Floyd see this fight, he will DUCK Manny even more....

╚╝╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩╩╩╩═╝