Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:52 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:25 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am
Posts: 3056
Floyd was done ahead of Pac 2 years ago. In this round he didn't score a single clean punch all deflected by his opponent and this is why.

A boxer has a chance against Floyd if he has 1. Footwork, 2. A good of combination punches with speed, 3. Stamina, 4. Have good jabs and timing and of course 5. Can able to use left hand with ease.

And Pacquiao has it all. Floyd's shoulder roll is only designed for right hander (no way right hander can penetrate the shoulder roll) If Floyd tries to shift position on his right to make his shoulder roll effective against the lefty he will have a hard time throwing his natural punch.

Pac is slippery because of his footwork all he has to do is to box and feint around Floyd use more jabs and timing if Floyd is on the ropes flurry him with combinations and simply walk away never give Floyd a chance to counter, simply hit and run.

Pacquiao and Bradley (because of his slickness) have a chance. Khan was avoided because he has footwork and good combination punch.

So here's the sample watch and go directly to round 6 at 20:24 of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJPaDjapV5Q


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:39 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm
Posts: 2089
Floyd in the video is open if ever manny's the opponent he will taste the powerful punch that has made Hatton knocked out cold.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:43 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:20 pm
Posts: 1871
gin03 wrote:
Floyd was done ahead of Pac 2 years ago. In this round he didn't score a single clean punch all deflected by his opponent and this is why.

A boxer has a chance against Floyd if he has 1. Footwork, 2. A good of combination punches with speed, 3. Stamina, 4. Have good jabs and timing and of course 5. Can able to use left hand with ease.

And Pacquiao has it all. Floyd's shoulder roll is only designed for right hander (no way right hander can penetrate the shoulder roll) If Floyd tries to shift position on his right to make his shoulder roll effective against the lefty he will have a hard time throwing his natural punch.

Pac is slippery because of his footwork all he has to do is to box and feint around Floyd use more jabs and timing if Floyd is on the ropes flurry him with combinations and simply walk away never give Floyd a chance to counter, simply hit and run.

Pacquiao and Bradley (because of his slickness) have a chance. Khan was avoided because he has footwork and good combination punch.

So here's the sample watch and go directly to round 6 at 20:24 of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJPaDjapV5Q


i dont get you...If he choose Khan ..you say FLoyd Jr is ducking heavy hitter or because Maidana beat Broner

SO STOP!


Last edited by Addy on Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:47 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:20 pm
Posts: 1871
Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Floyd in the video is open if ever manny's the opponent he will taste the powerful punch that has made Hatton knocked out cold.


Floyd Jr is like a sniper...Pac will get tag all night


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 10:52 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 9389
Location: Manila City
Addy wrote:
Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Floyd in the video is open if ever manny's the opponent he will taste the powerful punch that has made Hatton knocked out cold.


Floyd Jr is like a sniper...Pac will get tag all night

miguel cotto would tell you otherwise. :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:45 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am
Posts: 3056
This means Floyd has the tendency to open up if the opponent is circling around him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 1:53 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:05 am
Posts: 2272
Addy wrote:
Floyd Jr is like a sniper...Pac will get tag all night


if cotto makes fraud nose bleed (take note cotto is not as fast as the champ), do you think pacman can't do it worst?

_________________
Who are you to judge the life I live? I'm not perfect and I don't have to be. Before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:35 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 19999
Addy wrote:
Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Floyd in the video is open if ever manny's the opponent he will taste the powerful punch that has made Hatton knocked out cold.


Floyd Jr is like a sniper...Pac will get tag all night

A sniper with a nerf gun.....Pac will just shrug it off.....

:biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:21 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:20 pm
Posts: 1871
Manny Pookyaw wrote:
Addy wrote:
Floyd Jr is like a sniper...Pac will get tag all night


if cotto makes fraud nose bleed (take note cotto is not as fast as the champ), do you think pacman can't do it worst?



Pac cant do it....sorry mate


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:22 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:20 pm
Posts: 1871
JCOOL2329 wrote:
Addy wrote:
Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Floyd in the video is open if ever manny's the opponent he will taste the powerful punch that has made Hatton knocked out cold.


Floyd Jr is like a sniper...Pac will get tag all night

A sniper with a nerf gun.....Pac will just shrug it off.....

:biglaugh:



sorry mate...but Pac will get humiliated


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:27 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:59 am
Posts: 19999
JCOOL2329 wrote:
Addy wrote:
Indomitable_Soldier wrote:
Floyd in the video is open if ever manny's the opponent he will taste the powerful punch that has made Hatton knocked out cold.


Floyd Jr is like a sniper...Pac will get tag all night

A sniper with a nerf gun.....Pac will just shrug it off.....

:biglaugh:



Addy wrote:
sorry mate...but Pac will get humiliated

How ? Frauduck can't even sign the damn contract......man....get outta here !


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:03 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:22 am
Posts: 1042
gin03 wrote:
Floyd was done ahead of Pac 2 years ago. In this round he didn't score a single clean punch all deflected by his opponent and this is why.

A boxer has a chance against Floyd if he has 1. Footwork, 2. A good of combination punches with speed, 3. Stamina, 4. Have good jabs and timing and of course 5. Can able to use left hand with ease.

And Pacquiao has it all. Floyd's shoulder roll is only designed for right hander (no way right hander can penetrate the shoulder roll) If Floyd tries to shift position on his right to make his shoulder roll effective against the lefty he will have a hard time throwing his natural punch.

Pac is slippery because of his footwork all he has to do is to box and feint around Floyd use more jabs and timing if Floyd is on the ropes flurry him with combinations and simply walk away never give Floyd a chance to counter, simply hit and run.

Pacquiao and Bradley (because of his slickness) have a chance. Khan was avoided because he has footwork and good combination punch.

So here's the sample watch and go directly to round 6 at 20:24 of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJPaDjapV5Q

As a southpaw, I can say without a doubt that your analysis of the shoulder roll used against an orthodox fighter works just fine. Thus, an orthodox fighter can effectively use the shoulder roll defense against a southpaw.

The true argument is that Mayweather's timing and movement is designed against an orthodox fighter. It doesn't have anything to do with the shoulder roll defense. Mayweather struggles against speed, high pressure, volume punchers, and punchers who move a lot. Pacquiao is tailor-made to beat Mayweather. Mayweather always adjusts well to anybody he has fought, he is definitely smarter as a boxer than Pacquiao is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:16 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:30 pm
Posts: 11433
Location: SERN
Addy wrote:
Floyd Jr is like a sniper...Pac will get tag all night


An average sniper fighting slow hand guns... He should fight haki-imbued machine gun Pacquiao...

_________________
Ang salitang tayo ay past tense ng pariralang hindi na tayo...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:47 am 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:44 pm
Posts: 159
TS as much as I liked this fight, Roger is no longer the main trainer in Floyd's corner, as he was when Floyd fought Cotto. Roger pushed Floyd to be more entertaining (trading punches, attacking more instead of just running) in the ring and they obviously didnt like the punishment Floyd was receiving by Cotto.

As soon as Floyd Sr. Returned as head coach for the guererro fight, Floyd jr ran and ran.. he is a very good counter puncher.. fast.. but so defensive I dont even think Manny (the slower Manny we just saw against Bradley) will have much of an effect anymore.

Maybe if Roger was in charge, chances for Manny might improve.. but think Floyd may try to make Manny look bad like Bradley tried and failed to do with the wacky head feints as if hes too quick for Manny to tag with a solid punch.

Main difference with Floyd is Floyd is much faster than Bradley, Floyd has the ability to knock a guy out, and his defence is second to none.

If you remember Mosley vs Floyd, as soon as he got hit with a decent punch from Mosley in rd 2 or 3? Floyd hugged and held.. then for the rest of the fight, his defence was too much for an aging Mosley to get through.

I fear this may be the same story again if Manny fights Floyd. Manny as he is now may only get 2 or 3 good hits on Floyd.. and Floyd would run and jab with his longer reach and keep on running.. Manny couldnt cut the ring off with Bradley. How can he do it with Floyd?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:06 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am
Posts: 3056
Kano PacMan Fan wrote:
gin03 wrote:
Floyd was done ahead of Pac 2 years ago. In this round he didn't score a single clean punch all deflected by his opponent and this is why.

A boxer has a chance against Floyd if he has 1. Footwork, 2. A good of combination punches with speed, 3. Stamina, 4. Have good jabs and timing and of course 5. Can able to use left hand with ease.

And Pacquiao has it all. Floyd's shoulder roll is only designed for right hander (no way right hander can penetrate the shoulder roll) If Floyd tries to shift position on his right to make his shoulder roll effective against the lefty he will have a hard time throwing his natural punch.

Pac is slippery because of his footwork all he has to do is to box and feint around Floyd use more jabs and timing if Floyd is on the ropes flurry him with combinations and simply walk away never give Floyd a chance to counter, simply hit and run.

Pacquiao and Bradley (because of his slickness) have a chance. Khan was avoided because he has footwork and good combination punch.

So here's the sample watch and go directly to round 6 at 20:24 of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJPaDjapV5Q

As a southpaw, I can say without a doubt that your analysis of the shoulder roll used against an orthodox fighter works just fine. Thus, an orthodox fighter can effectively use the shoulder roll defense against a southpaw.The true argument is that Mayweather's timing and movement is designed against an orthodox fighter. It doesn't have anything to do with the shoulder roll defense. Mayweather struggles against speed, high pressure, volume punchers, and punchers who move a lot. Pacquiao is tailor-made to beat Mayweather. Mayweather always adjusts well to anybody he has fought, he is definitely smarter as a boxer than Pacquiao is.


I don't get it I don't know how you watch boxing match. During your convenient time try to watch all Mayweather fight where he use the shoulder roll, you will notice he use the style only when his opponent is right hander, the right hander whose stronger hands is the right will hit nothing but the shoulder this is why it is called shoulder roll, check one fight against Guerrero who is a left hander he did not use the shoulder roll because if he do the stand his head is facing the right and is very open for the left hook try to make the stand in front of the mirror. That is why if he ever face Pacquiao he already give one defensive tool his potent defense.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group