Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:16 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:17 pm 
Cruiserweight

Jaro is now a champ, while Banal and Boom Boom are still getting match up against tuktuk drivers for the purpose of restoring their confidence!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

justinprovido wrote:
Rd. 6
Jaro penalized for low blows. WTF Pong has been KTFO by Jaro ALOT OF UNANSWERED BLOWS IN THE CORNER. Pong down twice, was waved off as he was falling the 2nd time. He was down a couple other times in the fight and they were called slips.

NEW WORLD CHAMP!!! MAJOR UPSET

Not convinced. Naka chamba lang.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:29 pm 
Middleweight

Congrats Jaro...
Another champ to the list of pinoy boxers who got 1.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:37 pm 
Cruiserweight

justinprovido wrote:
Hotrod wrote:
Congrats Sonny Boy!!! :D

How long do you think can he hold on to the title?

he would prolly lose it immediately against a decent challenger.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:49 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Let's just support our new champ whatever it takes. Let's be happy for him and be proud as pinoys..mabuhay ka Jaro..

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:53 pm 
Welterweight

SHOEGAZER wrote:
justinprovido wrote:
Rd. 6
Jaro penalized for low blows. WTF Pong has been KTFO by Jaro ALOT OF UNANSWERED BLOWS IN THE CORNER. Pong down twice, was waved off as he was falling the 2nd time. He was down a couple other times in the fight and they were called slips.

NEW WORLD CHAMP!!! MAJOR UPSET

Not convinced. Naka chamba lang.

wag naman ganun.i know jaro is not a quality fighter but hats down to his effort.
and i believe theres no such thing as lucky punch. all of the punches thrown are practiced repeatedly. at least be happy for now.hes getting old naman and might step down at anytime.
not bad for a journeyman.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:57 pm 
Middleweight

On behalf of the Croatian boxing fans, I would like to congratulate Sonny Boy Jaro of the Philippines for the monumental upset of the perennial P4P legendary boxer Pongsaklek Wongjongkam of Thailand. He not only won the title, he knocked him out off his throne...in his kingdom Thailand!!!

All good things must come to an end. His 11-yr reign on the WBC flyweight throne is truly legendary and worth noting. Amassing 83 wins in 89 fights is no small fry. Although personally, boxers from that country tend to fight more often among themselves and accumulate fight records more than anybody else in this sport.

Without taking anything away from the massive upset by the newly-crowned WBC Champion Jaro, I may list factors behind the eventual downfall of the Thai legend:

1. Fatherhood time has finally come at a still relatively a young age of 34.
2. Overconfidence. Thais tend to have this mindset each time they fight on their home soil.
3. Physical strain for the entire 89 professional fights excluding his amateur ones took its toll.
4. The hunger for power is no longer there. 12-yrs on the throne, a virtual P4P figure, a legendary record among the elite. Pongsaklek has nothing more to prove at this point. He is a cinch to be in the Hall of Fame.

On the newest Filipino sensation, I hope he would duplicate Pongsaklek's accomplishments, better yet, surpass it. He has a very bright future ahead of him. To wit:

-He is young
-He is hungry
-He has the physique of P4P King Manny Pacquiao. LOOK AT THE CALVES!!!

There are lots of things for him the improve.

-Speed
-Stamina
-Footwork
-Technique
-Defense

but all of the above can be easily achieved with proper training and conditioning and most of all, discipline. I would like Bob Arum to take care of him and Freddie to train him.

He is surely be the next Manny Pacquiao.

CONGRATULATIONS PHILIPPINES!!! YOU NOW HAVE (UNOFFICIALLY) THREE IN THE P4P RANKINGS!!!

CONGRATULATIONS NEW WORLD CHAMPION SONNY BOY JARO!!!

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:12 pm 
Welterweight

Congratulations Sonny Boy.....

Malakas sya sumuntok. Power pack. When the former champ tasted SB's initial combo's in the 1ST round, its very clear na mabrubugbog si thai. No match sabayan.

SB needs to develop his defense and ensure his guard is always up after he throws his swinging wild punches. Dapat din ma-refine yung combinations nya. Sayang yung 4-5 combi punches if hindi magconnect. But good part, he can throw many punches in a single attack & all are power punches. I also noticed he showed good head movement avoiding opponent's punches. He can also counter punch.

May konting daya din si SB. I noticed after the 1st KD in the 6th round, the thai champ thought SB was going to shake his both hands since SB extended his two hands towards him then bigla bumira ng suntok si SB. But it doesn't matter because SB is really going to win this fight by KO.

Congratulations also to Mr. Aljoe Jaro, nagbunga din ang mga investment and pagod nya sa mga loyal boxers nya.

Another champion to come..... denver cuello.... more power to SB and Aljoe Jaro.....

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:51 pm 

Jaro's win over the legendary Thai Pongsaklek could be a strong candidate for the upset of the year.

Jaro just KOed to sleep the 8th ranked pound-for-pound boxer in the world and the hands down choice as the best Flyweight in the world (ring magazine).

Pongsaklek is a 2-time WBC flyweight champion, initially handling the belt for 6 years, then regained and reigned again for 2 years.

Jaro must have been the least expected Filipino fighter that could dethrone Pongsaklek at flyweight, fellow Filipinos Brian Villoria, Milan Melindo, Rocky Fuentes, Rodel Mayol and Richie Mepranum are all highly regarded than Sonny Boy, this is because this new champion had been relegated to a classification as just a journeyman campaigner.

But he proved us wrong, big punch! big heart!...by the new champ Sonny Boy Jaro!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:31 pm 
Light Heavyweight

UP NEXT IS JONATHAN TACONING VS Kompayak Porpramook for the WBC lightflyweight title on my 5!

Its PHILIPPINES VS THAILAND RIVALRY!

Click here for the link:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=216988&hilit=

For updates on Filipino title fights in 2012.Click this link:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=216451&hilit=

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:47 pm 
Heavyweight

Congrats, Sonny Boy Jaro!....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:55 pm 
Cruiserweight

blackwater wrote:
Pongsaklek is clearly not at the top of his game at 34 years of age who has shown signs of wear and tear...

i didn't expect jaro to win, but using age as an excuse is pathetic.. if pacquiao loses, will you accept that as an excuse too?! of course not.. crab ka at sana hanggang mamatay ka crab ka pa rin.

abscbn, gma7, pba, boxing, football, ufc.. visit--- http://www.onepunch.info