Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:04 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post subject: Jaro vs. Viloria
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:49 am 
Welterweight

Make this fight for the unification title. Oh wait, I forgot. Filipinos are prohibited from fighting each other in world title fights.

Post subject: Re: Jaro vs. Viloria
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:20 am 
Welterweight

Regards to Pongsaklek having trouble with Jaro's straight forward non-stop brawler style.. what if Giovanni Segura fought Pong first.. im sure the outcome will surely be the same.

i say its Jaro vs Segura for the WBC title!

All-out action definitely! :D

JUST FIGHT PAC ok

Last edited by SimplyRavishing on Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:22 am 
Cruiserweight

it's possible the jaro would wear brian down.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:57 am 
Welterweight

SimplyRavishing wrote:
Regards to Pongsaklek having trouble with Jaro's straight forward non-stop brawler style.. what if Giovanni Segura fought Pong first.. im sure the outcome will surely be the same.

Please don't. Jaro already lost by first round KO to Segura by body shot. I know that Segura is coming off a loss to Viloria and Jaro is coming off a legendary upset over Pongsaklek, but still, Jaro will probably have to go to Mexico again and face a guy he already lost decisively against . And btw, Jaro is due to face his mandatory challenger already, Toshiyaki Igarashi of Japan, fight will most likely take place in Japan because the Japanese never come to the Philippines to fight.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:01 am 
Welterweight

Caveat Emptor wrote:
it's possible the jaro would wear brian down.

That will happen... if that Brian is the one that fought Carlos Tamara.

If its the Brian of the Segura match... we will see another bald head sprouting on Jaro face :shock:

BUKOL!! :lol: :lol:

JUST FIGHT PAC ok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:36 am 
Welterweight

PinoyProdigy95 wrote:
SimplyRavishing wrote:

Please don't. Jaro already lost by first round KO to Segura by body shot. I know that Segura is coming off a loss to Viloria and Jaro is coming off a legendary upset over Pongsaklek, but still, Jaro will probably have to go to Mexico again and face a guy he already lost decisively against . And btw, Jaro is due to face his mandatory challenger already, Toshiyaki Igarashi of Japan, fight will most likely take place in Japan because the Japanese never come to the Philippines to fight.

revenge match? :)

JUST FIGHT PAC ok

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:50 am 
Heavyweight

Akklaim1 wrote:
Make this fight for the unification title. Oh wait, I forgot. Filipinos are prohibited from fighting each other in world title fights.

it happened before. glen donaire vs gorres, jaro vs mepranum, Pacquiao vs Jamili. but it's hard for promoters to put up big fights where both fighters are pinoys 'coz both fan bases will watch it for free. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:21 am 
Cruiserweight

SimplyRavishing wrote:
Caveat Emptor wrote:
it's possible THAT jaro would wear brian down.

That will happen... if that Brian is the one that fought Carlos Tamara.

If its the Brian of the Segura match... we will see another bald head sprouting on Jaro face :shock:

BUKOL!! :lol: :lol:

puede din! :)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 2:08 pm 
Strawweight

Jaro vs Viloria? Are you nuts? Just look at the way Jaro fights.. He throws punches like he is throwing a baseball leaving his defense open. He can never be a champion for a long time with that style. An effective counter puncher can easily kill him...

Please don't compare him with other Filipino champs at this time. Let him prove his worth first... Let's admit it, Pong is already an old dog and so is Jaro at 29 years old.. He was knocked-out by Segura in 1 round and was not able to dispose Sosa despite knocking him down in the 9th round...What he needs now is a good training camp with effective coaches especially on his defense. He has a good knockout power and he can have more success if he develops good defense...

Just my 2 cents...