Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:20 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:47 pm 
Welterweight

Boxing indeed is different from MMA,but Pacquiao can learn a lot from Cain Velasquez.He was Knocked out by Junior Dos Santos in November 2011 during the UFC heavyweight title bout thus losing his belt in the process.But afterwards he again put his dedication and hardwork in training and worked himself back slowly to get into contention and earned a crack at the heavyweight title again despite criticism.Yesterday,that training paid off and he reclaimed his title by dominating Dos Santos in all aspects..I just wish pacman can Rededicate himself again to boxing and alienate himself from politics and distractions.More power Pacman and Happy New Year! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:16 pm 
Middleweight

A K.O and a decision is totally a whole different story but it can work.The only way he regain himself is to knock JMM out cold in the first round. Just like what GSP did when he was K.O in the 3rd round and 1 year later he tragically K.OED his arc foe in the first round COLD!.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:38 pm 
Welterweight

Sana nga bro knockout cold In the first few rounds para ma redeem ni manny nawala sa kanya;pero kung gagawin nyang bugbog sarado parang mukha ni de la hoya o margarito ok lang din sakin,di baleng umabot ng 12 rounds,unti unti nyang dispormahin mukha ni marquez sana tapos saka nya patutulugin.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:43 pm 
Welterweight

No need to KO as he might get caught again, Velasquez was KO'ed by Dos Santos but couldn't return the favor via KO.
But still dominated him and got back his mojo.
A one sided decision might do :) .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:38 pm 
Welterweight

indeed, pacman can learn from cain. all he has to do is get his mind right and get back to basics.

as for cain's victory, a knockout would've been the icing on the cake. but i'd be more satisfied in giving a 5-round humiliating beatdown to the guy who beat me by virtue of a lucky punch. he made jds look ridiculous.

i don't care if he's not able to knock marquez out cold for as long as he beats the guy from post to post for 12 rounds. completely humiliate and outclass marquez and if the opportunity presents itself, knock him out. kinda like what manny did to morales in their second fight. i'm sorry if i sound a bit sadistic but that's how i want to exact my revenge - slow and agonizing. manny has to stick to the gameplan the way cain did.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 5:06 pm 
Heavyweight

koala wrote:
indeed, pacman can learn from cain. all he has to do is get his mind right and get back to basics.

as for cain's victory, a knockout would've been the icing on the cake. but i'd be more satisfied in giving a 5-round humiliating beatdown to the guy who beat me by virtue of a lucky punch. he made jds look ridiculous.

i don't care if he's not able to knock marquez out cold for as long as he beats the guy from post to post for 12 rounds. completely humiliate and outclass marquez and if the opportunity presents itself, knock him out. kinda like what manny did to morales in their second fight. i'm sorry if i sound a bit sadistic but that's how i want to exact my revenge - slow and agonizing. manny has to stick to the gameplan the way cain did.

Sadly, that's what he should have done after the fifth round when Juan's nose was busted.
That's what Lennox Lewis did to Mike Tyson. What Ali did to Patterson ( rematch ).
Part me actually has concerns for Juan if Pac and he hook up again.
Juan will never quit. Even if during that fifth fight, he's all beat and just looking for a one-punch KO. It is very possible, at 40 years old, he'd lose half of his quickness.
He did not look very fast against Pac this month. Pac gave him a ton of opening and he wasn't able to connect.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:07 pm 
Welterweight

Hopefully Manny should condition himself whole year round silently preparing for this 5th fight with gerry penalosa and staying true to his promise that "we will rise again!".

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:17 pm 
Bantamweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
koala wrote:

Sadly, that's what he should have done after the fifth round when Juan's nose was busted.
That's what Lennox Lewis did to Mike Tyson. What Ali did to Patterson ( rematch ).
Part me actually has concerns for Juan if Pac and he hook up again.
Juan will never quit. Even if during that fifth fight, he's all beat and just looking for a one-punch KO. It is very possible, at 40 years old, he'd lose half of his quickness.
He did not look very fast against Pac this month. Pac gave him a ton of opening and he wasn't able to connect.

Cain Velasquez is a BEAST!
It's a lot different taking into perspective what Cain is and compare the Pacquiao of today.
Pacquiao is not the same Pacquiao was 4 years ago.
Velasquez is a Gym Rat and trains the way he does for a living.
While Pacquiao is just a part time fighter.
Pacquiao can bounce back but i doubt the ferocity and the beast mode like Velasquez displayed last sunday can reflect or the idea that manny can learn is way out of the discussion.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:37 pm 
Heavyweight

Quote:
It's a lot different taking into perspective what Cain is and compare the Pacquiao of today.
Pacquiao can bounce back but i doubt the ferocity and the beast mode like Velasquez displayed last sunday can reflect or the idea that manny can learn is way out of the discussion.

Pac won't be a gym rat again I think.
His thinking is, he was beating JMM handily after training for 5+ weeks in the US.
If he sends Ariza to Gen San so he can start his S and C training before going to fight camp, then I'll believe him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

Remember Lenox Lewis he was knockout cold by Rahman then in their rematch he knockout Rahman to regain the title.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:53 pm 
Heavyweight

gin03 wrote:
Remember Lenox Lewis he was knockout cold by Rahman then in their rematch he knockout Rahman to regain the title.

He was not knocked out cold. He got up and did not beat the count.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:26 am 
Welterweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Quote:

Pac won't be a gym rat again I think.
His thinking is, he was beating JMM handily after training for 5+ weeks in the US.
If he sends Ariza to Gen San so he can start his S and C training before going to fight camp, then I'll believe him.

I don't know if Pac has physical issues during the fight. He seemed strong and still quick. Definitely an early S and C with Ariza would definitely help, but I think if he and Marquez fights again, he needs to improve his mental acuity, which seemed to be the issue in the last fight. Really can't afford too many lapses any more on judgment since Juan has beefed up his punching power. Well I guess this should be applied to any other fighter he might face in the future.