Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:27 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Knock it off guys..

The best fighter who is mentally and physically prepared will win on Sunday..

Forget anything beyond that..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 pm 
Lightweight

Pastor or no pastor,they are just human after all.

This is what happened to the pastor who asked favors from Manny.

"Pacquiao and his wife credit a Christian pastor for saving their marriage. Although the boxer's friends say that pastor is kept at arm's length after asking for 44 tickets, and multiple hotel rooms, for Pacquiao's fight against Tim Bradley in June, a split-decision win for Bradley.

While that pastor languishes, Father Marlon Beof, a Catholic priest from Oxnard who has delivered more than a dozen of Pacquiao's pre- and post-fight Masses, said he has been invited to preside over the services again this weekend in Las Vegas."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la ... 9063.story

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 pm 
Heavyweight

darthvapor wrote:
dwight wrote:

I have utmost respect to those pastors who labor hard for the Lord and not for money...

Shame on them who uses the ministry for personal gain...

Right bro… anyone who takes advantage of their fellow in the name of their religion will get what is due them…
but blessed are the true followers of Christ who serve Him unseen in this world.

It's just so sad when people hear about pastors, they would always think of money...
I say, not all pastors are like that...
Some live even in abject poverty just to share the Gospel to the lost...
God bless those who are truly servants...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 pm 
Heavyweight

thinair wrote:
jackie wrote:
thinair wrote:
Religion has nothing to do with boxing or any other sports. It's a fair competition. God would be so unfair if He sided to any one don't you think?

Sports is biblical, it's being used as metaphor in spiritual aspect of life.

1 Corinthians 9:25-27
25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.
27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

What I'm saying is that God doesn't make sides in sports. Is your biblical quotation relevant to my statement? Please enlighten...
jackie wrote:
My post is simply showing you about sports as biblical bro. As for God make sides in sports? NO! The passage is clear...strict training is needed to win the prize.

And this is what Pacman is doing... :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:00 pm 
Lightweight

What I'm saying is that God doesn't make sides in sports. Is your biblical quotation relevant to my statement? Please enlighten...[/quote]
My post is simply showing you about sports as biblical bro. As for God make sides in sports? NO! The passage is clear...strict training is needed to win the prize.[/quote]

Got it bro. Peace! :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 pm 
Cruiserweight

Thank God I'm an Atheist. :lol:

stop it guys...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:36 pm 
Heavyweight

Dan Rightcross wrote:
Again, why doesn't Manny just admit it he is no longer a Catholic. He is a born again Christian. He believes that only the Bible contains the truth and only he and other born again Christians can be saved. He does not even have to do any good work. Salvation is his birth right.

A common misinterpretation of Ephesians 2.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm 
Heavyweight

In the event of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, Floyd will be the one wearing a rosary. :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

PacCute wrote:
noypinga wrote:
Wala namang itinuro si Kristo na magrosaryo ka sa pagdadasal! Kalapastangan at karumaldumal ang magdasal ng paulit ulit sabi sa bibliya! Itinuro lang sa atin ng mga asong prayle ang pagrorosaryo upang kanilang ipasamba sa atin ang lahat ng mga relikyas ng mga santong banal ayon sa kanilang ensayklopidya, ensayklopidyang katoliko. Biro mo pati brip o sipilyo ng yumao na banal daw na tao e kailangan mo sambahin. Yung kasi ang depenisyon ng relikyas o relics. Lahat ng gamit ng yumaong banal daw na tao. Si Pablo at si Bernabe ay hinapak ang kanilang mga damit ng tiyempong sasambahin na sila ng mga tao, ayaw nilang magpasamba sa mga tao. Ganun din yung anghel sa apokalipsis pinagsabihan niya si Juan na huwag sya sambahin, and Dios lang ang dapat sambahin sapagkat siya din (yung anghel) ay alipin din ng Panginoon. Kailan pa tayo magigising mga kapwa ko Pilipino?? Binigyan tayo ng Amang lumikha ng talino upang ating malaman ang kanyang mga utos. Mabuti na inayawan na ni Manny ang rosaryo. Tuloy tuloy lang sa pagbabasa ng bibliya Manny at naway gabayan ka ng Amang makapangyarihan sa lahat sa iyong pagbabasa. Sa iyo Ama ang lahat ng karangalan at kapurihan magpakailan man! 8)

Brad, maaari mo bang paki-gabayan ang ligaw kong kaluluwa kung saan at kailan naisulat
na dapat sambahin ng Katoliko ang brip at sipilyo ng mga namayapang banal? :lol:

The word relics comes from the Latin reliquiae (the counterpart of the Greek leipsana) which already before the propagation of Christianity was used in its modern sense, viz., of some object, notably part of the body or clothes, remaining as a memorial of a departed saint. Since 'object or clothes daw, pwedeng ito ay karsonsilyo o brip o di kaya naman ay sipilyo o suklay o sapatos/tsinelas! :lol: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12734a.htm

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:34 pm 
Flyweight

No, he's not going to wear it...because he's a born again christian already.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:39 pm 
Welterweight

boxer1 wrote:
I also noticed the he didn't make the sign of the cross after
praying in the corner during sparring session on 24/7.
Bible studies are just smokescreen for protestantism. They
say they are non-denominational but they are. They will
attack other religion like the Catholic they will also force
you to tithe. As they say, those "born again" were never
a good catholics. If they were good catholics, there is no
need to be a born again protestant. Look at those pastors,
see where they live and lifestyles.

I will pray for you and your family brother. I hope you find the salvation I have found by reading the Bible and not just going to church everyday.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 pm 
Middleweight

china_boy wrote:
boxer1 wrote:

I will pray for you and your family brother. I hope you find the salvation I have found by reading the Bible and not just going to church everyday.

:mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 am 
Welterweight

china_boy wrote:
boxer1 wrote:

yeah dude we can always do both. go to church and read the bible.
reading the bible isnt restricted to one's sect.. everyones free to read the good news.
what's important is that we respect what others believe in.
if youre going to condem one faith .. might as well do it with other religions too..
go to KSA.. :D

>>>> WTF!!!

nuff SAID.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:18 am 
Welterweight

God doesnt take sides in sports! Could it be because there is no God? :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 am 
Bantamweight

noypinga wrote:
PacCute wrote:
noypinga wrote:
Wala namang itinuro si Kristo na magrosaryo ka sa pagdadasal! Kalapastangan at karumaldumal ang magdasal ng paulit ulit sabi sa bibliya! Itinuro lang sa atin ng mga asong prayle ang pagrorosaryo upang kanilang ipasamba sa atin ang lahat ng mga relikyas ng mga santong banal ayon sa kanilang ensayklopidya, ensayklopidyang katoliko. Biro mo pati brip o sipilyo ng yumao na banal daw na tao e kailangan mo sambahin. Yung kasi ang depenisyon ng relikyas o relics. Lahat ng gamit ng yumaong banal daw na tao. Si Pablo at si Bernabe ay hinapak ang kanilang mga damit ng tiyempong sasambahin na sila ng mga tao, ayaw nilang magpasamba sa mga tao. Ganun din yung anghel sa apokalipsis pinagsabihan niya si Juan na huwag sya sambahin, and Dios lang ang dapat sambahin sapagkat siya din (yung anghel) ay alipin din ng Panginoon. Kailan pa tayo magigising mga kapwa ko Pilipino?? Binigyan tayo ng Amang lumikha ng talino upang ating malaman ang kanyang mga utos. Mabuti na inayawan na ni Manny ang rosaryo. Tuloy tuloy lang sa pagbabasa ng bibliya Manny at naway gabayan ka ng Amang makapangyarihan sa lahat sa iyong pagbabasa. Sa iyo Ama ang lahat ng karangalan at kapurihan magpakailan man! 8)

Brad, maaari mo bang paki-gabayan ang ligaw kong kaluluwa kung saan at kailan naisulat
na dapat sambahin ng Katoliko ang brip at sipilyo ng mga namayapang banal? :lol:

The word relics comes from the Latin reliquiae (the counterpart of the Greek leipsana) which already before the propagation of Christianity was used in its modern sense, viz., of some object, notably part of the body or clothes, remaining as a memorial of a departed saint. Since 'object or clothes daw, pwedeng ito ay karsonsilyo o brip o di kaya naman ay sipilyo o suklay o sapatos/tsinelas! :lol: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12734a.htm

Very typical. Getting passages from an entire write up to validate a point. Have you even read the entire article? Basahin mong mabuti para maintindihan mo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next