Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:37 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:27 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:27 pm
Posts: 1003
Knock it off guys..

The best fighter who is mentally and physically prepared will win on Sunday..

Forget anything beyond that..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:40 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:52 am
Posts: 174
Pastor or no pastor,they are just human after all.

This is what happened to the pastor who asked favors from Manny.

"Pacquiao and his wife credit a Christian pastor for saving their marriage. Although the boxer's friends say that pastor is kept at arm's length after asking for 44 tickets, and multiple hotel rooms, for Pacquiao's fight against Tim Bradley in June, a split-decision win for Bradley.

While that pastor languishes, Father Marlon Beof, a Catholic priest from Oxnard who has delivered more than a dozen of Pacquiao's pre- and post-fight Masses, said he has been invited to preside over the services again this weekend in Las Vegas."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing/la ... 9063.story


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:12 pm
Posts: 29902
darthvapor wrote:
dwight wrote:

I have utmost respect to those pastors who labor hard for the Lord and not for money...

Shame on them who uses the ministry for personal gain...


Right bro… anyone who takes advantage of their fellow in the name of their religion will get what is due them…
but blessed are the true followers of Christ who serve Him unseen in this world.


It's just so sad when people hear about pastors, they would always think of money...
I say, not all pastors are like that...
Some live even in abject poverty just to share the Gospel to the lost...
God bless those who are truly servants...

_________________
Forever running but losing the race, were it not for grace.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2008 2:12 pm
Posts: 29902
thinair wrote:
jackie wrote:
thinair wrote:
Religion has nothing to do with boxing or any other sports. It's a fair competition. God would be so unfair if He sided to any one don't you think?

Sports is biblical, it's being used as metaphor in spiritual aspect of life.

1 Corinthians 9:25-27
25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
26 Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air.
27 No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.


What I'm saying is that God doesn't make sides in sports. Is your biblical quotation relevant to my statement? Please enlighten...
jackie wrote:
My post is simply showing you about sports as biblical bro. As for God make sides in sports? NO! The passage is clear...strict training is needed to win the prize.


And this is what Pacman is doing... :D

_________________
Forever running but losing the race, were it not for grace.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:00 pm 
Offline
Lightweight

Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:26 am
Posts: 112
What I'm saying is that God doesn't make sides in sports. Is your biblical quotation relevant to my statement? Please enlighten...[/quote]
My post is simply showing you about sports as biblical bro. As for God make sides in sports? NO! The passage is clear...strict training is needed to win the prize.[/quote]

Got it bro. Peace! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:34 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:04 pm
Posts: 3196
Location: Hostile Territory
Thank God I'm an Atheist. :lol:

stop it guys...

_________________
"KNOCK ME OUT AND YOU WIN" - Manny Pacquiao


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:36 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:09 pm
Posts: 34664
Location: Short arm of chromosome 6
Dan Rightcross wrote:
Again, why doesn't Manny just admit it he is no longer a Catholic. He is a born again Christian. He believes that only the Bible contains the truth and only he and other born again Christians can be saved. He does not even have to do any good work. Salvation is his birth right.


A common misinterpretation of Ephesians 2.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:39 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 6899
Location: Here There & Everywhere
In the event of a Pacquiao-Mayweather fight, Floyd will be the one wearing a rosary. :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:20 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:41 am
Posts: 1863
Location: Pinas kong mahal
PacCute wrote:
noypinga wrote:
Wala namang itinuro si Kristo na magrosaryo ka sa pagdadasal! Kalapastangan at karumaldumal ang magdasal ng paulit ulit sabi sa bibliya! Itinuro lang sa atin ng mga asong prayle ang pagrorosaryo upang kanilang ipasamba sa atin ang lahat ng mga relikyas ng mga santong banal ayon sa kanilang ensayklopidya, ensayklopidyang katoliko. Biro mo pati brip o sipilyo ng yumao na banal daw na tao e kailangan mo sambahin. Yung kasi ang depenisyon ng relikyas o relics. Lahat ng gamit ng yumaong banal daw na tao. Si Pablo at si Bernabe ay hinapak ang kanilang mga damit ng tiyempong sasambahin na sila ng mga tao, ayaw nilang magpasamba sa mga tao. Ganun din yung anghel sa apokalipsis pinagsabihan niya si Juan na huwag sya sambahin, and Dios lang ang dapat sambahin sapagkat siya din (yung anghel) ay alipin din ng Panginoon. Kailan pa tayo magigising mga kapwa ko Pilipino?? Binigyan tayo ng Amang lumikha ng talino upang ating malaman ang kanyang mga utos. Mabuti na inayawan na ni Manny ang rosaryo. Tuloy tuloy lang sa pagbabasa ng bibliya Manny at naway gabayan ka ng Amang makapangyarihan sa lahat sa iyong pagbabasa. Sa iyo Ama ang lahat ng karangalan at kapurihan magpakailan man! 8)


Brad, maaari mo bang paki-gabayan ang ligaw kong kaluluwa kung saan at kailan naisulat
na dapat sambahin ng Katoliko ang brip at sipilyo ng mga namayapang banal? :lol:


The word relics comes from the Latin reliquiae (the counterpart of the Greek leipsana) which already before the propagation of Christianity was used in its modern sense, viz., of some object, notably part of the body or clothes, remaining as a memorial of a departed saint. Since 'object or clothes daw, pwedeng ito ay karsonsilyo o brip o di kaya naman ay sipilyo o suklay o sapatos/tsinelas! :lol: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12734a.htm

_________________
noypinga[i][/i]


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:34 pm 
Offline
Flyweight

Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:03 am
Posts: 22
No, he's not going to wear it...because he's a born again christian already.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:39 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:05 pm
Posts: 325
Location: Wenzhou China
boxer1 wrote:
I also noticed the he didn't make the sign of the cross after
praying in the corner during sparring session on 24/7.
Bible studies are just smokescreen for protestantism. They
say they are non-denominational but they are. They will
attack other religion like the Catholic they will also force
you to tithe. As they say, those "born again" were never
a good catholics. If they were good catholics, there is no
need to be a born again protestant. Look at those pastors,
see where they live and lifestyles.


I will pray for you and your family brother. I hope you find the salvation I have found by reading the Bible and not just going to church everyday.

_________________
Behind every successful man is a surprised woman.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:43 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:00 am
Posts: 781
Location: cavite
china_boy wrote:
boxer1 wrote:
I also noticed the he didn't make the sign of the cross after
praying in the corner during sparring session on 24/7.
Bible studies are just smokescreen for protestantism. They
say they are non-denominational but they are. They will
attack other religion like the Catholic they will also force
you to tithe. As they say, those "born again" were never
a good catholics. If they were good catholics, there is no
need to be a born again protestant. Look at those pastors,
see where they live and lifestyles.


I will pray for you and your family brother. I hope you find the salvation I have found by reading the Bible and not just going to church everyday.



:mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:13 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:38 pm
Posts: 332
china_boy wrote:
boxer1 wrote:
I also noticed the he didn't make the sign of the cross after
praying in the corner during sparring session on 24/7.
Bible studies are just smokescreen for protestantism. They
say they are non-denominational but they are. They will
attack other religion like the Catholic they will also force
you to tithe. As they say, those "born again" were never
a good catholics. If they were good catholics, there is no
need to be a born again protestant. Look at those pastors,
see where they live and lifestyles.


I will pray for you and your family brother. I hope you find the salvation I have found by reading the Bible and not just going to church everyday.


yeah dude we can always do both. go to church and read the bible.
reading the bible isnt restricted to one's sect.. everyones free to read the good news.
what's important is that we respect what others believe in.
if youre going to condem one faith .. might as well do it with other religions too..
go to KSA.. :D

_________________
know what>>>> ThOSE WHO BELIEVE THE MAYWEATHERS ARE EITHER STUPID OR JUST PLAIN STUPID. ...

>>>> WTF!!!

nuff SAID.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:18 am 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 8:33 pm
Posts: 360
God doesnt take sides in sports! Could it be because there is no God? :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MISSING THE ROSARY?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:35 am 
Offline
Bantamweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:07 am
Posts: 30
noypinga wrote:
PacCute wrote:
noypinga wrote:
Wala namang itinuro si Kristo na magrosaryo ka sa pagdadasal! Kalapastangan at karumaldumal ang magdasal ng paulit ulit sabi sa bibliya! Itinuro lang sa atin ng mga asong prayle ang pagrorosaryo upang kanilang ipasamba sa atin ang lahat ng mga relikyas ng mga santong banal ayon sa kanilang ensayklopidya, ensayklopidyang katoliko. Biro mo pati brip o sipilyo ng yumao na banal daw na tao e kailangan mo sambahin. Yung kasi ang depenisyon ng relikyas o relics. Lahat ng gamit ng yumaong banal daw na tao. Si Pablo at si Bernabe ay hinapak ang kanilang mga damit ng tiyempong sasambahin na sila ng mga tao, ayaw nilang magpasamba sa mga tao. Ganun din yung anghel sa apokalipsis pinagsabihan niya si Juan na huwag sya sambahin, and Dios lang ang dapat sambahin sapagkat siya din (yung anghel) ay alipin din ng Panginoon. Kailan pa tayo magigising mga kapwa ko Pilipino?? Binigyan tayo ng Amang lumikha ng talino upang ating malaman ang kanyang mga utos. Mabuti na inayawan na ni Manny ang rosaryo. Tuloy tuloy lang sa pagbabasa ng bibliya Manny at naway gabayan ka ng Amang makapangyarihan sa lahat sa iyong pagbabasa. Sa iyo Ama ang lahat ng karangalan at kapurihan magpakailan man! 8)


Brad, maaari mo bang paki-gabayan ang ligaw kong kaluluwa kung saan at kailan naisulat
na dapat sambahin ng Katoliko ang brip at sipilyo ng mga namayapang banal? :lol:


The word relics comes from the Latin reliquiae (the counterpart of the Greek leipsana) which already before the propagation of Christianity was used in its modern sense, viz., of some object, notably part of the body or clothes, remaining as a memorial of a departed saint. Since 'object or clothes daw, pwedeng ito ay karsonsilyo o brip o di kaya naman ay sipilyo o suklay o sapatos/tsinelas! :lol: http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/12734a.htm



Very typical. Getting passages from an entire write up to validate a point. Have you even read the entire article? Basahin mong mabuti para maintindihan mo.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 301 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 21  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group