Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:58 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:13 pm
Posts: 727
I have no doubt in my mind that Manny will defeat Marquez in their 4th fight. But, I doubt very much if Manny could find real satisfaction in defeating this OLD (39 year old) Marquez. After his defeat, Marquez would surely be using his OLD AGE as a ready alibi.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 9:57 am
Posts: 3313
Location: New World
alagad_bayan wrote:
I have no doubt in my mind that Manny will defeat Marquez in their 4th fight. But, I doubt very much if Manny could find real satisfaction in defeating this OLD (39 year old) Marquez. After his defeat, Marquez would surely be using his OLD AGE as a ready alibi.


Good, so we can all move on and say no for the 5th fight. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 10866
there's the satisfaction in that he can finally move on.

_________________
Seriousness is a disease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18694
Location: Paradise
Another dumb take.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:09 pm
Posts: 1162
FYI, Marquez is still very strong at his age and he did well in his last 3 fights as if he was fighting in his 20's. Marquez just like Hopkins (who was a champ above age 40) is a fighter who hadn't been badly damaged physically ...credit it to his excellent defense and counterpunching style. Marquez doesn't have any vices and always keeps his body in condition through exercise and healthy living. I knew one guy here in our place who is considered old at 49 years but plays basketball like he's on his teen. He runs the court up and down even better than some who are younger than him.. this speaks that you can still be very strong at older age as long as you live a healthy lifestyle and continuously train and exercise to maintain fitness.

I guess you were not following Marquez's career or hadn't been following boxing for a long time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:15 pm 
Offline
Featherweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:35 pm
Posts: 63
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:11 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2004 10:33 am
Posts: 371
How about if marquez beats or knockouts pacquiao? Is marquez still old for you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:13 pm
Posts: 727
SIOUX1104 wrote:
FYI, Marquez is still very strong at his age and he did well in his last 3 fights as if he was fighting in his 20's. Marquez just like Hopkins (who was a champ above age 40) is a fighter who hadn't been badly damaged physically ...credit it to his excellent defense and counterpunching style. Marquez doesn't have any vices and always keeps his body in condition through exercise and healthy living. I knew one guy here in our place who is considered old at 49 years but plays basketball like he's on his teen. He runs the court up and down even better than some who are younger than him.. this speaks that you can still be very strong at older age as long as you live a healthy lifestyle and continuously train and exercise to maintain fitness.

I guess you were not following Marquez's career or hadn't been following boxing for a long time


There is definitely a WHALE of difference between a fit 33 year old (Pacquiao) with that of a fit 39 year OLD (Marquez). Don't be deceived by the hype they have created just to promote this fight. Age is a GREAT factor. Very contrary to your observation, I have been following this Marquez - Pacquiao rivalry since their first fight. And I have been into this sport since I was 7 years old. My prediction: Pacquiao will TKO Marquez within 10 rounds. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:45 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 8:13 pm
Posts: 727
migoy wrote:
How about if marquez beats or knockouts pacquiao? Is marquez still old for you?



That's a NIL possibility. Only if Manny will just stand in front of Marquez and not box. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 pm 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:05 pm
Posts: 182
Location: beside the ring
To win the fourth match and eventually shut the mouth of Marquez is a big satisfaction for Pacquiao and for his fans.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 am
Posts: 698
You wouldn't say that about Bernard Hopkins. Although, I do think fighting Marquez at ww is irrelevant. They should have made this fourth fight at 140 considering it's not even a title fight. Both fighters would be in their top shape I think despite the age difference. Just sayin'.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 27, 2011 1:36 pm
Posts: 7256
before old people are well respected but now you tend to neglect them.. :lol: :lol:

Image

Image

_________________
Sure, drinking kills brain cells, but only the weak ones.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group