Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:59 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:58 pm 
Middleweight

I have no doubt in my mind that Manny will defeat Marquez in their 4th fight. But, I doubt very much if Manny could find real satisfaction in defeating this OLD (39 year old) Marquez. After his defeat, Marquez would surely be using his OLD AGE as a ready alibi.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:02 pm 
Cruiserweight

alagad_bayan wrote:
I have no doubt in my mind that Manny will defeat Marquez in their 4th fight. But, I doubt very much if Manny could find real satisfaction in defeating this OLD (39 year old) Marquez. After his defeat, Marquez would surely be using his OLD AGE as a ready alibi.

Good, so we can all move on and say no for the 5th fight. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:08 pm 
Heavyweight

there's the satisfaction in that he can finally move on.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:22 pm 
Heavyweight

Another dumb take.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:11 pm 
Light Heavyweight

FYI, Marquez is still very strong at his age and he did well in his last 3 fights as if he was fighting in his 20's. Marquez just like Hopkins (who was a champ above age 40) is a fighter who hadn't been badly damaged physically ...credit it to his excellent defense and counterpunching style. Marquez doesn't have any vices and always keeps his body in condition through exercise and healthy living. I knew one guy here in our place who is considered old at 49 years but plays basketball like he's on his teen. He runs the court up and down even better than some who are younger than him.. this speaks that you can still be very strong at older age as long as you live a healthy lifestyle and continuously train and exercise to maintain fitness.

I guess you were not following Marquez's career or hadn't been following boxing for a long time

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:15 pm 
Featherweight

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:11 pm 
Welterweight

How about if marquez beats or knockouts pacquiao? Is marquez still old for you?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:39 pm 
Middleweight

SIOUX1104 wrote:
FYI, Marquez is still very strong at his age and he did well in his last 3 fights as if he was fighting in his 20's. Marquez just like Hopkins (who was a champ above age 40) is a fighter who hadn't been badly damaged physically ...credit it to his excellent defense and counterpunching style. Marquez doesn't have any vices and always keeps his body in condition through exercise and healthy living. I knew one guy here in our place who is considered old at 49 years but plays basketball like he's on his teen. He runs the court up and down even better than some who are younger than him.. this speaks that you can still be very strong at older age as long as you live a healthy lifestyle and continuously train and exercise to maintain fitness.

I guess you were not following Marquez's career or hadn't been following boxing for a long time

There is definitely a WHALE of difference between a fit 33 year old (Pacquiao) with that of a fit 39 year OLD (Marquez). Don't be deceived by the hype they have created just to promote this fight. Age is a GREAT factor. Very contrary to your observation, I have been following this Marquez - Pacquiao rivalry since their first fight. And I have been into this sport since I was 7 years old. My prediction: Pacquiao will TKO Marquez within 10 rounds. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:45 pm 
Middleweight

migoy wrote:
How about if marquez beats or knockouts pacquiao? Is marquez still old for you?

That's a NIL possibility. Only if Manny will just stand in front of Marquez and not box. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:33 pm 
Lightweight

To win the fourth match and eventually shut the mouth of Marquez is a big satisfaction for Pacquiao and for his fans.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:08 am 
Middleweight

You wouldn't say that about Bernard Hopkins. Although, I do think fighting Marquez at ww is irrelevant. They should have made this fourth fight at 140 considering it's not even a title fight. Both fighters would be in their top shape I think despite the age difference. Just sayin'.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:16 am 
Heavyweight

before old people are well respected but now you tend to neglect them.. :lol: :lol: