Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:58 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:44 am 
Heavyweight

Now what do we have here! Is Manny actually conditioning our minds to the possibility that he will lose on December 8?

As a fighter, you are supposed to be positive that you'll get a win no matter what. Thinking of losing is not an option, especially for athletes at the highest level.

Manny now having second thoughts? You be the judge. (Please read the article below.)

Life goes on for Manny Pacquiao regardless of the result of his fourth bout with Juan Manuel Marquez on Dec. 8 (Dec. 9 in Manila).

If he wins by knockout as he envisions, well and good. If he wins by decision again, so be it. An upset would be difficult to accept, but Pacquiao said he can live with that. He won’t whine and complain like what Marquez have been doing for eight years.

“No excuses,” Pacquiao told Manila-based sportswriters at his unit at the gated Palazzo here. “Whatever happens I always praise God.”

Reminded that he’s been promising a knockout to finally silence Marquez’s loud mouth, Pacquiao said: “Praise God kung ganoon (if that happens).”

http://sports.inquirer.net/74793/whatev ... s-pacquiao

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:50 am 
Cruiserweight

stop the shabu TS, try something new
:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:58 am 
Heavyweight

I guess when you say failure is not an option, you are expecting
failure.
I need coffee.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:59 am 
Heavyweight

komiko wrote:

Or TS pls stop drinking coffee, you are getting nervous as the fight nears. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:02 am 
Cruiserweight

so many bullsh1t, bullsh1t thread about how pac gonna lose and this and that bullsh1t! why just we cant wait until fight night and watch the fight after that we can talk bullsh1t, i already have my hd ppv subscription of the fight! i will enjoy it coz pac's fighting and he'd do his best come fight whatever may come! im still proud of him the 8 division world boxing champion.

Last edited by reynerose on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:04 am 
Light Heavyweight

komiko wrote:

TS is out of reality! Shake your head brother. Breath deeply and blow slowly..slowly...there you go...relax...relax..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:05 am 
Light Heavyweight

Many are speculating that Marquez has already broken down Pacquiao's will.

In their second fight, Pacquiao went on to somewhat like already congratulating Marquez and shaking his hand before the decision was handed. Meaning he thought he lost that fight and was showing a great sportsmanship

In their third fight, Pacquiao's corner was in a somber mood after the fight. Heck even Buboy cried. Others say Buboy cried because they did not knockout Marquez which is ridiculous. No one cries if they cannot knockout their opposition. They were already expecting a loss but many people said it was the "magic hand" of Bob Arum that gave them the win.

Whatever it is, I just want an action packed fourth fight.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 am 
Heavyweight

if the fight is a close one like their first 3 encounters, then the judges might give this one to marquez this time.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 am 
Cruiserweight

honestly my opinion jmm cheated on that fight! why? his fvcking keep on stepping the lead right foot of pac thats why pac cant launch his, lethal right hook, jmm is such a *****! cheater, everybody saw it including god! pac never cheat on his fights he just train hard and do his best come fight night! i know its hard to please everybody but try to put your self in his shoes!

the key is connect and let go his lethal right hook to the jaw or to the temple of jmm, so that he can set up his combination dont engaged in barabarabay with jmm set up the imba combination (like what he did to hatton) the right hook connected early on the fight!

Last edited by reynerose on Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 am 
Light Heavyweight

theDon wrote:
Now what do we have here! Is Manny actually conditioning our minds to the possibility that he will lose on December 8?

As a fighter, you are supposed to be positive that you'll get a win no matter what. Thinking of losing is not an option, especially for athletes at the highest level.

Manny now having second thoughts? You be the judge. (Please read the article below.)

Life goes on for Manny Pacquiao regardless of the result of his fourth bout with Juan Manuel Marquez on Dec. 8 (Dec. 9 in Manila).

If he wins by knockout as he envisions, well and good. If he wins by decision again, so be it. An upset would be difficult to accept, but Pacquiao said he can live with that. He won’t whine and complain like what Marquez have been doing for eight years.

“No excuses,” Pacquiao told Manila-based sportswriters at his unit at the gated Palazzo here. “Whatever happens I always praise God.”

Reminded that he’s been promising a knockout to finally silence Marquez’s loud mouth, Pacquiao said: “Praise God kung ganoon (if that happens).”

http://sports.inquirer.net/74793/whatev ... s-pacquiao

pacquiao will finish it in round 4. relax. :D

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:18 am 
Heavyweight

ok

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:19 am 
Heavyweight

fonzy wrote:

Okay.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:20 am 
Light Heavyweight

dencioPT101 wrote:
if the fight is a close one like their first 3 encounters, then the judges might give this one to marquez this time.

Agree. In a close fight, if the judges would give the decision to Pacquiao again, Marquez might decide to retire.

Giving Marquez a win will motivate him to fight more fights and that means more money to Bob Arum.

A Pacquiao loss, would do little damage to his reputation and would still rake in money for Bob Arum whoever he fights.

All-in-all, a Marquez win and a Pacquiao loss is still a win-win situation.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:21 am 
Light Heavyweight

theDon wrote:
fonzy wrote:

Okay.

Now the TS is relaxed...thank goodness!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 am 
Middleweight

well judging from his reaction to his loss against Bradley, i think you know where Pac's state of mind is. Back in 2004, he would have been kicking, screaming, crying and outraged. His nonchalant "bahala na, da whole world knows i won" attitude shows the fire is fading fast.

i hope he really does win this time, fights Floyd, win or loss and retires for good. Pac can do more good works outside the ring anyway, with his charitable causes and projects