Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:54 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Because all of their fights were close,(specially the third one)
the public are thinking that JMM will finally get the nod if it goes again to the hand of the judges.

This is unfair thinking, maybe it's already in the back of their mind(judges) GOING into the fight.
If the fight is close again,the public clamor for a JMM win will weigh heavily on the judges shoulders and they may finally give it to him even if pac made a strong case against it. Close rounds they will give it to JMM to appease the public because many thought he won the third fight.

It's like morales-barrerra 1 and 2. The third fight is a close one and they gave it to pac because of the looming floyd fight.
Now that pac lose to bradley,there will be lesser noise if they allow JMM to win.

It's unfair for pac :? I really believe he needs a KO to win this one.

Money will come and go. We all know that. The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room. Right here, right now. Salute, mi familia - Dom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:28 pm 
Cruiserweight

Lay off the caffeine, sis. :D

____
Live Responsibly!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:31 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Kamatis wrote:
Lay off the caffeine, sis. :D

lalake po ako , yung nasa avatar ko ang tipo kong babae :biglaugh:

Money will come and go. We all know that. The most important thing in life will always be the people in this room. Right here, right now. Salute, mi familia - Dom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:50 pm 
Heavyweight

If the highlighted statement from your previous post were true,
don't you think it was unfair to Marquez?

So, based on your presumption, how can expecting Marquez to win,
if the outcome of the fourth fight goes to the hands of the judges,
be unfair to Pacquiao?

Weather weather lang yan or karma karma. Papatasin lang ng
pagkakataon iyan para walang argabyado. Wait for fight night.
Spare yourself.

golden lily wrote:
the public are thinking that JMM will finally get the nod if it goes again to the hand of the judges.

This is unfair thinking, maybe it's already in the back of their mind(judges) GOING into the fight.
If the fight is close again,the public clamor for a JMM win will weigh heavily on the judges shoulders and they may finally give it to him even if pac made a strong case against it. Close rounds they will give it to JMM to appease the public because many thought he won the third fight.

It's like morales-barrerra 1 and 2. The third fight is a close one and they gave it to pac because of the looming floyd fight.
Now that pac lose to bradley,there will be lesser noise if they allow JMM to win.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:51 pm 
Welterweight

That's why its gonna be an upset win by the Pacman... :D

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 pm 
Featherweight

Don't make it a problem on things out of your control.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:55 pm 
Heavyweight

magnanimous Pinoys say it just to keep Juanma and Nacho from crying.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:03 pm 
Featherweight

it will be an interesting fight. we will know if one of them adjusted much from previous fights. but my heart always belong to pacman to pull it off once again. a knock down is a plus but am rooting for a k.o.
peace :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:14 pm 
Heavyweight

I think it is just to sell tickets. But TS has a point. If it is close, it might go to JMM. Like I have said repeatedly, the crowd noise alone influenced the commentators and viewers in the 3rd fight.

Also watch out for the Top Rank commentary - Brian Kenny. From the first round he sounded like was shaping the minds of the viewers that Bradley was winning or at least doing very well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ako_barok wrote:

be unfair to Pacquiao?

Spare yourself.

golden lily wrote:

I believe pac won the third fight because JMM did not do enough ,and I believe you can't win the belt by counter punching and back pedaling all night specially if you're the challenger,In short he did not take it to the champion.
But many saw the fight otherwise and were convinced that JMM did enough to win , I'm no expert on boxing so I can't dispute their claims.

But put yourself in the shoes of the judges during that 3rd fight,looming megafight with floyd? the buzz was great. And pac before the fight seems invincible,the talk of slippage was not that loud(few for the mosley fight). So the natural tendency is to give the close rounds to pac.

But this coming fight, it seems that the tide has turned,everyone is expecting JMM to eke out a close decision win if it goes to the scorecards to compensate for their last fight which many viewed as a bad decision.

I mean the fight has not yet happened but I believe the general notion is that. So will this affect the judges during fight night?
I'm leaning on yes .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:41 pm 
Heavyweight

If your opinion were true, what good does it do you if you are a
Pacquiao fan? If the outcome is moot, there is no need for a bout.
Damn them! Right?

Wait for fight night. Spare yourself.

golden lily wrote:
ako_barok wrote:

be unfair to Pacquiao?

Spare yourself.

golden lily wrote:

I believe pac won the third fight because JMM did not do enough ,and I believe you can't win the belt by counter punching and back pedaling all night specially if you're the challenger,In short he did not take it to the champion.
But many saw the fight otherwise and were convinced that JMM did enough to win , I'm no expert on boxing so I can't dispute their claims.

But put yourself in the shoes of the judges during that 3rd fight,looming megafight with floyd? the buzz was great. And pac before the fight seems invincible,the talk of slippage was not that loud(few for the mosley fight). So the natural tendency is to give the close rounds to pac.

But this coming fight, it seems that the tide has turned,everyone is expecting JMM to eke out a close decision win if it goes to the scorecards to compensate for their last fight which many viewed as a bad decision.

I mean the fight has not yet happened but I believe the general notion is that. So will this affect the judges during fight night?
I'm leaning on yes .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:46 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ako_barok wrote:
Damn them! Right?

logical thinking is not a bad thing bro,besides it's easy for me so relax 8)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:52 pm 
Heavyweight

Always been.

golden lily wrote:
ako_barok wrote:
Damn them! Right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 pm 
Light Heavyweight

ako_barok wrote:
Always been.

golden lily wrote:
ako_barok wrote:
Damn them! Right?

:peace:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:02 am 
Cruiserweight

With the exception of Manny's First Bout with MORALES, No one has been competitive with Manny except JMM.

While I did have Manny winning all three previous fights, I'm still perturbed that ROACH/MANNY have not solved the

Straight Right hand of Marquez. Marquez is not afraid of standing in the Pocket with Manny as he times him very well.

If MARQUEZ can maintain about a 47 landed punches a round and Manny still eating those RIGHTS, Manny

could very well lose.

FACT: Close Fight, JMM will get the Decision. Its more important for MANNY to be Dominant than JMM if it goes to decision