Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:18 am 
Heavyweight

Testing Marquez so close to the fight would basically be useless. If he used any of a variety of substances, it likely would have long since cleared the body and be undetectable at this stage.

As the United States Anti-Doping Agency's lengthy investigation of cyclist Lance Armstrong showed, Armstrong and his teammates used EPO for years without testing positive.

EPO is a hormone which increases the oxygen-carrying ability of the blood. It helps the muscles perform better and over a more lengthy period of time.

If injected directly into a vein, EPO will clear one's system in fewer than 24 hours. An athlete who took EPO in the evening would have no fear of testing positive the following day.

According to WADA protocols, athletes have to provide a one-hour window to be available for testing. Since EPO passes the system so quickly, those using it can simply take it after the one-hour window has passed.

Dr. Larry Bowers, USADA's chief science officer, said in an affidavit in the Armstrong case that the lack of a positive test is not proof that one did not dope.

Victor Conte, the founder of BALCO, went to prison for his role in that scandal. Since his release, he's acted as an anti-doping advocate, the black hat turned white fighting for clean sport.

"I see in interviews that Memo is trying to say he is an anti-doping advocate like me now, but we are as different as night and day," Conte told Yahoo! Sports. "What happened was, I chose not to cooperate with law enforcement. I chose to accept the full consequences. I didn't testify. I didn't provide any documents or information because these were people that I gave the drugs to. I was the leader as he was the leader.

"So you're going to turn on them, you're going to testify against them, you're going to put them in prison while you walk free when you were at the top of the food chain and you were the leader of the pack? I didn't feel good about doing that. … I said

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing- ... 32499.html

JMM using PED is a big possibility :shock:

History will tell that 19 Senators, 188 congressmen,the PNOY government conspired to commit this devious act of Bribery by removing CJ Corona from office. I now realize that his only management skill is that of bribing to get his way.- By Ricardo Saludo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:28 am 
Light Heavyweight

dan44 wrote:
Testing Marquez so close to the fight would basically be useless. If he used any of a variety of substances, it likely would have long since cleared the body and be undetectable at this stage.

As the United States Anti-Doping Agency's lengthy investigation of cyclist Lance Armstrong showed, Armstrong and his teammates used EPO for years without testing positive.

EPO is a hormone which increases the oxygen-carrying ability of the blood. It helps the muscles perform better and over a more lengthy period of time.

If injected directly into a vein, EPO will clear one's system in fewer than 24 hours. An athlete who took EPO in the evening would have no fear of testing positive the following day.

According to WADA protocols, athletes have to provide a one-hour window to be available for testing. Since EPO passes the system so quickly, those using it can simply take it after the one-hour window has passed.

Dr. Larry Bowers, USADA's chief science officer, said in an affidavit in the Armstrong case that the lack of a positive test is not proof that one did not dope.

Victor Conte, the founder of BALCO, went to prison for his role in that scandal. Since his release, he's acted as an anti-doping advocate, the black hat turned white fighting for clean sport.

"I see in interviews that Memo is trying to say he is an anti-doping advocate like me now, but we are as different as night and day," Conte told Yahoo! Sports. "What happened was, I chose not to cooperate with law enforcement. I chose to accept the full consequences. I didn't testify. I didn't provide any documents or information because these were people that I gave the drugs to. I was the leader as he was the leader.

"So you're going to turn on them, you're going to testify against them, you're going to put them in prison while you walk free when you were at the top of the food chain and you were the leader of the pack? I didn't feel good about doing that. … I said

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/boxing- ... 32499.html

So, what?
By not mentioning the author of your post, are you sure you can defend the allegations made against Marquez? :)

"I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits." ...RC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:57 am 
Heavyweight

Kevin Iole is the author, andycastro.
Let us be objective when it comes to this matter.
Wag ka nang masyadong defensive, wala tayo sa kabilang thread.

"He pointed out the massive amount of weight that Marquez was shown squatting during HBO's "24/7: Pacquiao-Marquez." Several boxing trainers and conditioning coaches have told Yahoo! Sports that it is highly unusual for boxers to squat such heavy weight. "

If you are lifting, you should know this.
You will get sore that you can virtually not train the next day.
JMM is an old dude, if he was a lot younger this could have been slightly possible.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:05 am 
Light Heavyweight

Quote:

Solution: NSAC normally do urine tests on both fighters before and right after the fight. Make the first test closer to fight time (less than 24 hrs before the next test) and see if Marquez camp take the risk of getting caught. :D

"I defend PAC on OSDT and Catchweight Issues; Not his Traditional Politics and Religious Exploits." ...RC

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:08 am 
Heavyweight

andycastro wrote:
Quote:

Solution: NSAC normally do urine tests on both fighters before and right after the fight. Make the first test closer to fight time (less than 24 hrs before the next test) and see if Marquez camp take the risk of getting caught. :D

Fighters do not need to gamble on taking whatever it is they are taking that close to the fight.
These supplements are being taken DURING training.
Testing should be during training.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:13 am 
Cruiserweight

what are the benefits of injecting epo to a boxer/fighter?!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:15 am 
Heavyweight

gabbi wrote:
what are the benefits of injecting epo to a boxer/fighter?!

"EPO is a hormone which increases the oxygen-carrying ability of the blood. It helps the muscles perform better and over a more lengthy period of time. "

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:21 am 
Cruiserweight

muscles performing better? does this mean it won't slow down marquez even if he adds up in weight?! :( please explain.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:25 am 
Heavyweight

gabbi wrote:
muscles performing better? does this mean it won't slow down marquez even if he adds up in weight?! :( please explain.

"
Our kidneys produce most of our natural erythropoietin, a hormone that leads to the creation of red blood cells. Since red blood cells carry oxygen, more cells means more oxygen in the blood. More oxygen means longer, harder workouts.

Microdoses of EPO let athletes put in superhuman hours of training without suffering the natural consequence of fatigue."

This is a good read, bro-

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80bea ... MFTGtfNmSo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:26 am 
Light Heavyweight

kajo wrote:
Kevin Iole is the author, andycastro.
Let us be objective when it comes to this matter.
Wag ka nang masyadong defensive, wala tayo sa kabilang thread.

"He pointed out the massive amount of weight that Marquez was shown squatting during HBO's "24/7: Pacquiao-Marquez." Several boxing trainers and conditioning coaches have told Yahoo! Sports that it is highly unusual for boxers to squat such heavy weight. "

If you are lifting, you should know this.
You will get sore that you can virtually not train the next day.
JMM is an old dude, if he was a lot younger this could have been slightly possible.

I know when I said this;
andycastro wrote:
Ang HgH at ibang steroids ay madaling pagalingin ang stresses during training kaya nakakapagsanay ng husto ang atleta. Diyan nakukuha ang advantage ng supplements at PEDs. During training.

But note that Steroids are detectable long after ingestion (about 3 to 4 weeks). If Freddie Roach was really concerned, he should have asked VADA to test Marquez and Manny during training.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:44 am 
Light Heavyweight

kajo wrote:
gabbi wrote:

"
Our kidneys produce most of our natural erythropoietin, a hormone that leads to the creation of red blood cells. Since red blood cells carry oxygen, more cells means more oxygen in the blood. More oxygen means longer, harder workouts.

Microdoses of EPO let athletes put in superhuman hours of training without suffering the natural consequence of fatigue."

This is a good read, bro-

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/80bea ... MFTGtfNmSo

Steroids build/rebuild muscles quickly. EPO enhances endurance and is effective only DURING COMPETION as in the case of Lance Armstrong, Floyd Landis and Shane Mosley to name some.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:52 am 
Light Heavyweight

dan44 wrote:

What PED do you think JMM have possibly taken, TS. If EPO is detectable, your title is really not a cause for concern, right? :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 am 
Lightweight

marquez train for 4 months what if heredia use it on the 1st 2 months of it then flash it for the remaining 2... 2 months of having other stuff in your system will give you alot of benefit..

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:21 am 
Light Heavyweight

chinaman777 wrote:
marquez train for 4 months what if heredia use it on the 1st 2 months of it then flash it for the remaining 2... 2 months of having other stuff in your system will give you alot of benefit..

Heredia used what in the first 2 months? Steroids? Then Marquez gains muscles like he did now and can withstand Pacquiao's power punches more and may KD/KO Pacman in the later rounds.
But if he slows down with the added weight, he may get KOed by volume punches by Pacma in the early rounds. :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:27 am 
Lightweight

andycastro wrote:
chinaman777 wrote:

Heredia used what in the first 2 months? Steroids? Then Marquez gains muscles like he did now and can withstand Pacquiao's power punches more and may KD/KO Pacman in the later rounds.
But if he slows down with the added weight, he may get KOed by volume punches by Pacma in the early rounds. :D

the reason marquez bulk up is to absorb pacman puches well... and make those counter as powerful as he can...