Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:34 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:13 pm 
Heavyweight

physically, no damage whatsover. but psychologically, the big question may be dwelling deeply inside him that only him knows. will he be as ferocious as before? will he be as exciting as he used to be in the ring? all of these could only be answered when we see him once again atop the ring. and who could be the ones to judge him first but us spectators.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:00 pm 
Heavyweight

Manny should just concentrate on boxing and he must prepare well both physically and psychologically then we'll find out if he still has it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:34 pm 
Welterweight

MP is just fine. Remember failures like this is just a step towards success. However, i don't agree with TS when he say that JMM can just take and roll MP's punches. You can only roll punches which you can see. And with MP's speed and power, i doubt JMM can see ALL MP's attack, i mean ALL. To sum it up. JMM willl be the one to benefit more when a 5th bout happens, but it won't be an easy fight for JMM, coz in their last fight, he don't put a lion into sleep, coz he actually woke a sleeping beast.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:35 pm 
Heavyweight

SaDiSTa wrote:
MP is just fine. Remember failures like this is just a step towards success. However, i don't agree with TS when he say that JMM can just take and roll MP's punches. You can only roll punches which you can see. And with MP's speed and power, i doubt JMM can see ALL MP's attack, i mean ALL. To sum it up. JMM willl be the one to benefit more when a 5th bout happens, but it won't be an easy fight for JMM, coz in their last fight, he don't put a lion into sleep, coz he actually woke a sleeping beast.

I have never seen JMM roll with a punch.
JMM actually has bad head movement.
He has great distance management but not even a decent head movement.

Pac's just horrible with his head movement when he gets complacent.
There is absolutely no reason anymore for him to pull back and just cover his face with his gloves and expect not getting nailed for it. Why doesn't he just bob or weave to his right and prepare to counter with the left, I have no idea.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:43 pm 

They should give him a tune up fight against a light puncher like Paulie Malignaggi befor the rematch with JMM. Let's wait and see if he's still the same.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:53 pm 
Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:
They should give him a tune up fight against a light puncher like Paulie Malignaggi befor the rematch with JMM. Let's wait and see if he's still the same.

Or Bradley.
I think Pac TKO's him if Pac fights like the way he did against Juan.
Pressure, pressure, pressure.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:04 pm 
Welterweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
SaDiSTa wrote:

There is absolutely no reason anymore for him to pull back and just cover his face with his gloves and expect not getting nailed for it. Why doesn't he just bob or weave to his right and prepare to counter with the left, I have no idea.

------

When Manny is about to beat up someone, he squares his shoulders. Why not just straith and move to the left of Marquez, like with ODLH. So he forgets what Roach tells him and Buboy, I.e." Laro laro Lang tapos labas."

Here is the thing,- in basketball and billiard, PAC hates losing. He has that mentality of a champion who keeps pushing himself stubbornly and gets overconfident.

Reminds me of that Cotto fight when he stayed in the ropes against the advise of Roach. Lol. He just wanted to show he could take the punches of Cotto. He was experimenting in the fight itself. But it worked that time.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:14 pm 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
SaDiSTa wrote:

nice shares...
he must also learn to use more often his left and right uppercuts against jmm... also not rely too much on his upright (bouncing) position while attacking, that's very susceptible to Marquez potent overhand right hook... learn to attack on a ducking position (ala Joe Frazier or Marvin Hagler), that somehow neutralize its full power imo ... he can also try phone booth style like Baby Bull Diaz did to Marquez.
I'm not an expert, but it's gonna help him somehow against Marquez. If he can't redefine his style against Marquez -he's always on a higher risk of losing.

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:15 pm 
Light Heavyweight

walk away...thats it :mrgreen:

CATCHY IT AINT ???

Our universe is one of the Billion universes out there.......

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:35 pm 
Heavyweight

DaBizz wrote:

Nice one mod.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:44 pm 
Welterweight

the answer is, hindi niya maubos ang pera niya, yun ang kanyang damage.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:53 pm 
Heavyweight

airen wrote:
the answer is, hindi niya maubos ang pera niya, yun ang kanyang damage.

Thats why the pastor is there for that reason

:biglaugh:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Remember that Pacman dominates the fight until that lucky punch. He will be back for sure and will be more ferocious than ever. :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:34 pm 
Welterweight

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm 
Cruiserweight

Fighters that get KO'd like that are NEVER the same again. I've seen it over and over with Pipino Cuevas, Meldrick Taylor and so forth. The late, great Manny Steward said that after a knockout, a fighter suffers brain damage that lessons his ability to take a punch. In other words, it will be easier for the fighter to get KO'd in his next fight. Manny Pacquiao needs to retire before he ends up like Ali or his mentor Freddie Roach.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next