Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum
http://forum.philboxing.com/

The big question: How damaged is Manny?
http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=230592
Page 1 of 4

Author:  handsomepinoy1 [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:07 am ]
Post subject:  The big question: How damaged is Manny?

Do you think Marqueso will take the 5th fight?
------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes, a BIG yes! Because of money and yes, because of styles! The risk vs. return scenario for Marquez is much better, despite what media is hyping about his wife against it. Marquez is the consummate counterpuncher. He is trained to see all the punches, more or less. So, the chance of Marquez getting a "life threatening Knockout " is very slim. He could get knocked down and quit, it's up to him, but never the same KO he gave Manny.

Moreover, counterpunchers are trained to roll the punch. So for say $15 million dollars, his life not on the line, he will take it. He can choose to continue fighting with a broken nose or face, it's up to him. But never a Hatton like scenario for him, ever.

In short, Marquez can minimize the damage to him during a fight, and bring home a career high $15 million..so much money for his family.

It's a simple "what's my risk, what's my profit" business decision for Marquez.


The BIG question is really PACqUiaO, isn't it?
-------------------------------------

analysis: Pac's style is very open for the dangerous KO he got. Lucky or not, He could get it again. Moreover, do fighters really fully recover mentally and physically from that type of a 2 minute asleep KO? How will it affect the way Manny fights again? Will 20 million dollars be enough for him to fight again? Won't Jinkee put her foot down? Isn't it all too scary for the family.

Yes, Marquez will jump at it, but PAC, it's only a fraction of his career paycheck. Decreasing marginal utility is what we were taught in Economics 101.

If PAC fights and gets the same KO, he may die or he may look super foolish to his countrymen and it will be so bad, it will affect his political career. The careless PAC gets hit twice by lightning, will you vote for him?

So what you think guys. Will PAC have the mentality to fight and forget that last KO?

Will he be the same fighter? PAC being careless, wild in the ring also what made him brave? What if he is now careful, will he be as brave?

Your thoughts please,... but no utot, just thoughts! Whaaaaa

Author:  fatbro017 [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

will be determined at his next fight. but i guess, he'll be fine.

Author:  handsomepinoy1 [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

fatbro017 wrote:
will be determined at his next fight. but i guess, he'll be fine.



------
I hope so, he may be hungrier too like we never saw PAC lately.

But I think Marquez will take it for reasons above...so then we have a 5th fight! Yeah
do hope so. It will be the biggest fight in 2013! Move over, Floyd!

Only Manny can avenge himself, even Donaire can't do it for him ;)

Author:  fearless bong [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

handsomepinoy1 wrote:
Do you think Marqueso will take the 5th fight?
------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes, a BIG yes! Because of money and yes, because of styles! The risk vs. return scenario for Marquez is much better, despite what media is hyping about his wife against it. Marquez is the consummate counterpuncher. He is trained to see all the punches, more or less. So, the chance of Marquez getting a "life threatening Knockout " is very slim. He could get knocked down and quit, it's up to him, but never the same KO he gave Manny.

Moreover, counterpunchers are trained to roll the punch. So for say $15 million dollars, his life not on the line, he will take it. He can choose to continue fighting with a broken nose or face, it's up to him. But never a Hatton like scenario for him, ever.

In short, Marquez can minimize the damage to him during a fight, and bring home a career high $15 million..so much money for his family.

It's a simple "what's my risk, what's my profit" business decision for Marquez.


The BIG question is really PACqUiaO, isn't it?
-------------------------------------

analysis: Pac's style is very open for the dangerous KO he got. Lucky or not, He could get it again. Moreover, do fighters really fully recover mentally and physically from that type of a 2 minute asleep KO? How will it affect the way Manny fights again? Will 20 million dollars be enough for him to fight again? Won't Jinkee put her foot down? Isn't it all too scary for the family.

Yes, Marquez will jump at it, but PAC, it's only a fraction of his career paycheck. Decreasing marginal utility is what we were taught in Economics 101.

If PAC fights and gets the same KO, he may die or he may look super foolish to his countrymen and it will be so bad, it will affect his political career. The careless PAC gets hit twice by lightning, will you vote for him?

So what you think guys. Will PAC have the mentality to fight and forget that last KO?

Will he be the same fighter? PAC being careless, wild in the ring also what made him brave? What if he is now careful, will he be as brave?

Your thoughts please,... but no utot, just thoughts! Whaaaaa


Pac was KOed before but he came back strong and beaten up every opponent in his way to fame...

Author:  handsomepinoy1 [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:04 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

fearless bong wrote:
handsomepinoy1 wrote:
Do you think Marqueso will take the 5th fight?
------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes, a BIG yes! Because of money and yes, because of styles! The risk vs. return scenario for Marquez is much better, despite what media is hyping about his wife against it. Marquez is the consummate counterpuncher. He is trained to see all the punches, more or less. So, the chance of Marquez getting a "life threatening Knockout " is very slim. He could get knocked down and quit, it's up to him, but never the same KO he gave Manny.

Moreover, counterpunchers are trained to roll the punch. So for say $15 million dollars, his life not on the line, he will take it. He can choose to continue fighting with a broken nose or face, it's up to him. But never a Hatton like scenario for him, ever.

In short, Marquez can minimize the damage to him during a fight, and bring home a career high $15 million..so much money for his family.

It's a simple "what's my risk, what's my profit" business decision for Marquez.


The BIG question is really PACqUiaO, isn't it?
-------------------------------------

analysis: Pac's style is very open for the dangerous KO he got. Lucky or not, He could get it again. Moreover, do fighters really fully recover mentally and physically from that type of a 2 minute asleep KO? How will it affect the way Manny fights again? Will 20 million dollars be enough for him to fight again? Won't Jinkee put her foot down? Isn't it all too scary for the family.

Yes, Marquez will jump at it, but PAC, it's only a fraction of his career paycheck. Decreasing marginal utility is what we were taught in Economics 101.

If PAC fights and gets the same KO, he may die or he may look super foolish to his countrymen and it will be so bad, it will affect his political career. The careless PAC gets hit twice by lightning, will you vote for him?

So what you think guys. Will PAC have the mentality to fight and forget that last KO?

Will he be the same fighter? PAC being careless, wild in the ring also what made him brave? What if he is now careful, will he be as brave?

Your thoughts please,... but no utot, just thoughts! Whaaaaa


Pac was KOed before but he came back strong and beaten up every opponent in his way to fame...


----
He was never KO'd like that, not that badly. Also, he didn't have a choice back then. He would have fought for a 2,000 dollar purse.

Times have changed and PAc has changed too, don't you think?

But I agree with you, he said he will rise again. I sense the determination the way
He said it. I hope you are 100% right. Merry xmas in advance

Author:  chiktoferken [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

badly damaged, he'll never be d same again. hes getting older. his retirement is long overdue.
no more 5th fight.

Author:  numero1 [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:42 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

about a billion peso richer kind of damaged, so he's good.

Author:  jamsky [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:47 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

His chin is GONE!

Author:  Blazing Speed [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

medical findings: negative
he can still continue... but he must really cautious now with his health.
in order to coup up with that "cruel" sport consistently it's really necessary to focus and train hard 101 percent.
Ariza is right, please do that "SCIENCE" nect time Manny...

Author:  reynerose [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:08 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

handsomepinoy1 wrote:
Do you think Marqueso will take the 5th fight?
------------------------------------------
Answer: Yes, a BIG yes! Because of money and yes, because of styles! The risk vs. return scenario for Marquez is much better, despite what media is hyping about his wife against it. Marquez is the consummate counterpuncher. He is trained to see all the punches, more or less. So, the chance of Marquez getting a "life threatening Knockout " is very slim. He could get knocked down and quit, it's up to him, but never the same KO he gave Manny.

Moreover, counterpunchers are trained to roll the punch. So for say $15 million dollars, his life not on the line, he will take it. He can choose to continue fighting with a broken nose or face, it's up to him. But never a Hatton like scenario for him, ever.

In short, Marquez can minimize the damage to him during a fight, and bring home a career high $15 million..so much money for his family.

It's a simple "what's my risk, what's my profit" business decision for Marquez.


The BIG question is really PACqUiaO, isn't it?
-------------------------------------

analysis: Pac's style is very open for the dangerous KO he got. Lucky or not, He could get it again. Moreover, do fighters really fully recover mentally and physically from that type of a 2 minute asleep KO? How will it affect the way Manny fights again? Will 20 million dollars be enough for him to fight again? Won't Jinkee put her foot down? Isn't it all too scary for the family.

Yes, Marquez will jump at it, but PAC, it's only a fraction of his career paycheck. Decreasing marginal utility is what we were taught in Economics 101.

If PAC fights and gets the same KO, he may die or he may look super foolish to his countrymen and it will be so bad, it will affect his political career. The careless PAC gets hit twice by lightning, will you vote for him?

So what you think guys. Will PAC have the mentality to fight and forget that last KO?

Will he be the same fighter? PAC being careless, wild in the ring also what made him brave? What if he is now careful, will he be as brave?

Your thoughts please,... but no utot, just thoughts! Whaaaaa


that pac marquez 4 fight was devastating at the same time magandang bakbakan may knockout talaga, kung ibang bagohan na boxer yun malamang damage na, sila pac at marquez pa na veterano nang 60 plus fight,

siguro mararamdaman yan ni pac pag tanda niya accumulation kasi yan pero wag naman sana i like pac, his a nice guy true champion, exciting kasi sya lumaban sumuntok talaga barabarabay bahala na gangnam style lol, pero pwede pa syang lumaban pataposin nalang natin sa kanya yung kontrata niya sa top rank atsaka dun pwede na siyang mag desisyon sa kanyang career

Author:  the boss [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

manny is a strong fighter, physically and mentally. he is not yet done.

Author:  tHeJoKeR [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

he could bounce back but never fight JMM again unless he demand an olympic style drug test

Author:  handsomepinoy1 [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

Blazing Speed wrote:
medical findings: negative
he can still continue... but he must really cautious now with his health.
in order to coup up with that "cruel" sport consistently it's really necessary to focus and train hard 101 percent.
Ariza is right, please do that "SCIENCE" nect time Manny...



--

Manny told Ariza that he made a mistake after the KO. It seems Manny himself saw the mistake and felt the power of Marquez.

Author:  JoeyInCali [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:08 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

He's so dizzy his next child will be groggy too.

Author:  handsomepinoy1 [ Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:11 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: The BIG question: How DAMAGED is Manny ?

JoeyInCali wrote:
He's so dizzy his next child will be groggy too.



----

He was maybe but HOW many fighters get up knocked out like that and still give a ring side interview for HBO just for the fans.

Page 1 of 4 All times are UTC + 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/