Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:53 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:04 pm 
Heavyweight

dominic wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
dominic wrote:
could this be the turning point in pacquiao's boxing career?

which way will he choose, boxing or religion?

a difficult time for pacquiao, but only one master he must

serve with undivided devotion.

No...it's just a reality test that you can't be the best in boxing if you don't do what it takes to be the best in boxing.

how can he achieve and focus to be the best in boxing if he's equally hooked to other acivities. he must choose as early as now, otherwise he could disintegrate along the way without his solid stand on which path he should take.

his bible studies activities is the biggest culprit because I read they do it late at night.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:21 pm 
Lightweight

Religion may not be the cause but staying late due to bible studies during training deprives Pac of much needed rest and healing. I've read some news that even on the night before the fight the Pastors prevailed that Pac should have a bible study, which deprived his body to recharge. Hence, indirectly it affected his performance.There's a study among call center agents that too much late nights make them age faster by 5 years. That's why Pac's ability to absorbed punches, plus Marquez is stronger and faster now, aided the two knockouts.

Manny used to say that the fight is won in the gym, and he knows this. It's up to him to go back to his old dedication, focus, and work ethics when he was still 24 to 25 yrs old, and not yet famous, and not yet overconfident of his abilities, prioritizing the training over TV shows, bible studies, and accomodating friends. So if Pac should continue fighting he should either stop the late nights bible study or at least do it in the afternoon.

Further, if you can experience withdrawal symptoms when you quit smoking or taking coffee for years then suddenly stop it, how much more when you are devoted to the rosary and doing the sign of the cross for years, doing it before every round; He even used to do it more than once during every round when getting hit. The sign of the cross is a form of communication, a signal to his higher self to protect him. Every time he does it, he connects to his higher self. He finds new confidence, more aware and sharp, and can feel the aura of his opponent. Even make blind punches and hit them.

Then you suddenly stop it-- it shakes the psyche! It affected his awareness or presence of mind. That's why he didn't see Marquez foot when he did the double job, he even hit Marquez' face but only softly 'coz he's already outbalanced. It's like driving a lay up in basketball but not strongly.

A lot of things that happen in the material world occurred first in the mental and spirit world. Can a chair or house be made without first designing it in the mind?

'Dapat di na pinakialaman ng mga pastors yun devotion ni Manny sa rosary and sign of the cross. After all, you kiss the pictures of your loved ones, knowing that they are not exactly your loved ones but just a representation of them. I don't pray the rosary because I wasn't trained to, but I believe that it works for those who pray it. The Buddhist have beads, it's meditative, and meditation is good for your concentration and focus. And sharpness and intuition. That's why it's possible that this time Pac didn't see Marquez' foot blocking his lead foot, didn't see the punch, didn't anticipate it. He lacks sharpness and intuition, he was disconnected from his higher self.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm 
Cruiserweight

More like him leaving the Catholic church.

He didn't attend the mass for the day of immaculate Concepcion for Mary, got knocked out by a HAIL MARY last second punch by a guy who wore his rosary.

The born agains are telling him its a test of faith. Why would it be a test of faith? I thought he would have 10 thousand angels on his side since he was born again, and if god was for him who could be against him? Manny shouldn't say that because Marquez also has faith.

Bring back the old Manny who just prayed privately.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Looks like Pac is sticking with the Burn Again Pestors, so it didn't work.

If that's the case...so The Paclanders war against these greedy Pestors will continue...!!!

Paclanders will never stop until Manny Pacquiao will leave these greedy leeches Pestors...!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:17 pm 
Light Heavyweight

These burn in hell again Pestors succeeded in brainwashing Pacquiao by giving him a false sense of invincibilty...

These Pestors told Pacquiao before the fight that Marquez's punches won't hurt him because 10 thousand angels will be there to catch Marquez's punches...WTF...!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:53 pm 
Cruiserweight

DIMO wrote:
I'd really want to see a kind of like 60 minutes interview on Manny Pacquiao.

So all of our questions will be answered in this very up-close and personal interview on him.

Ukyo?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:07 pm 
Strawweight

DIMO wrote:

So all of our questions will be answered in this very up-close and personal interview on him.

also, not to say his english is bad it's better that he asweres the q's in bisaya or tagalog so he can express himself fully and not beat around the bush with his usual, "it's up to my promoter" or "it's the job of my promoter" or "fight toe to toe" usual lines..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:09 pm 
Heavyweight

Dodong Alicaba wrote:
These burn in hell again Pestors succeeded in brainwashing Pacquiao by giving him a false sense of invincibilty...

These Pestors told Pacquiao before the fight that Marquez's punches won't hurt him because 10 thousand angels will be there to catch Marquez's punches...WTF...!!!

:lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:20 pm 
Heavyweight

Retz wrote:
Dodong Alicaba wrote:

10 thousand angels against one angel. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .heredia.

i guess this modern day angel heredia is light years far advanced in technology than the 10 thousand.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:23 pm 
Heavyweight

in every game there's this thing that is called "tsamba" and marquez got the best of it on that fateful night..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:33 pm 
Welterweight

dyolens wrote:
DIMO wrote:

Ukyo?

No bro different dude. I used to see him around too.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:40 pm 
Welterweight

kinumong_bato wrote:
DIMO wrote:

also, not to say his english is bad it's better that he asweres the q's in bisaya or tagalog so he can express himself fully and not beat around the bush with his usual, "it's up to my promoter" or "it's the job of my promoter" or "fight toe to toe" usual lines..

Yes! And let Quinito Henson do the interview. No english just do it there in the Phil. Mr henson so far has been spot on with his articles and so we know and can sort of tell
whether he is indeed serious about boxing.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:43 pm 
Middleweight

Retz wrote:
Dodong Alicaba wrote:

hahaha :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:22 pm 
Lightweight

He kissed the canvas coz he never kissed the rosary prior to his fight..The ko was so brutal that only God knows why.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:38 pm 
Middleweight

one in CBCP say, his transition with other faith not necessarily means a los for him in boxing...yet a psyche in him been disturb in going one faith to anither....moreso his ritual ..sauch as sign of the cross in a round...a rosary in his chest,..is his devoted devotion to catholiv=- faith..AND THAT IT HIS pampalakalas loob..which then he lacks as a boxer...likewise..CBCP wondered that all the good blessing he has had being a catholic why then he turn downBLAME ALL THE PESTORS WHO TOTALLY IN RUDE TO CATHOLISM...TAKING CHANCES OF MANNY BEEN ENDORSED BY CATHOLIC AS BIIBLE NEDORSER AND YET INSTEAD TAUGHT MANNY BELIEF CONTRARY TO THAT OF THE CATHBOLIC...RITUALS IS MANNY'S PMAPALAKAS LOOB AND FAITH IN OF TO A WIN...THAT WHAT LACKS IJN HIM NOW

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next