Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:38 am 
Middleweight

clovien wrote:
Majority of the Filipino people are so naive. Paquios's defeat should be "taken with a grain of salt". I suspect our "National Fist" was a victim of science used the wrong way. In the latest fight, the game changer was Marquez' super extra-ordinarily strong punching power. After only a year of partnership with a shady character, Mr. Angel Heridia( A self confessed Performance Enhancing Drugs dealer), It finally paid dividends for Marquez with a shocking knock-out win. Marquez a career featherweight and was not known for his one-punch knock-out power becomes a one punch knock-out sensation overnight...something's fishy here. Marquez on the twilight of his career is obsessed and desperate to get a win against Pacquiao. A person exhibiting this type of behavior will do anything possible, even going illegal to achieve his goal which includes building a bigger and stronger muscle the "un-natural" way. Let me explain further: A 23 year old man working out the natural way would take at least 2 years to develop a body builders physique. An older man say at 38 would take a longer time since the body's metabolism have slowed down during this stage. Marquez now 39 and only after a year of partnership with Mr. Heredia have developed a body builder's physique. This type of transformation can't be done thru natural means. It can only be explained by one thing----the use of Anabolic substance. Anabolic substances allows your muscle to train hard without tiring easily thus you develop bigger and stronger muscles in a short period of time....Many were saying that Paquiao was knocked-out because he was hit "right on the money". Paquiao is known for his sturdy chin. He was hit with those same solid shots by Marquez the previous year but it never folded him. Granting this time around he was hit flush on the face, if it was only Marquez' natural strength, the worst Paquiao could get into would be a flash knockdown and he would still be able to get up. Rendering Paquiao unconscious for a long period of time suggest super human strength something Marquez is not known for. In the news lately, Marquez is very confident to undergo any drug test. Does the name Marion Jones ring a bell to anyone? She won a gold medal in the 2000 Sydney Olympics. During this time Mr. Heredia was the one administering the drugs to her. She never tested positive for drugs because Mr. Heredia is an expert in masking any banned substance.Only after many years removed from the competition that she was exposed as a drug cheat...... Now let us shift our focus to the sport of boxing in general. If one fighter was able to get away with "juicing himself up" then there is no reason why others would not follow suit. Boxing will become a very dangerous sport. Many fighters will be seriously injured or worst get killed especially if the one "juicing up" is a talented and accurate puncher like Marquez. I discourage Paquiao to fight Marquez again because the next time around, he will surely suffer a much worst outcome...

Uy di pwede yang science dito. Our kababayans prefer to stick with their superstitious beliefs, you know the ones that was passed to them by force by the pillaging and raping Spaniards. Me isa pang poster dito who labeled me as ignorant cause ang steriods or PEDS daw.. doesnt affect power and performance hehehe. I dabbled with EPO during my cycling years for two season [5 years ago].. and lemme tell you... my performance almost doubled as compared to being clean, I feel turbocharged. mind you i was only micro dosing during training. I stopped cause .. i no longer race., racing requires dedicated time in training [loooongass training]and that affects my work and family. I now only ride two to three times a week, [1-2 hrs] just for fun with my friends and of course for good health. I dont go to church every sunday... I climb Mount Diablo instead. Church is nothing but a place for pinoys to compare clothings. O ayan! lol Check out "Bill Maher interview's funny priest" and "George Carlin on religion and god' in youtube.... funny as "hell"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:07 am 
Middleweight

MrRoot wrote:
no.1fan wrote:

Agree. Manny can be easily dissuaded and duped. Manny should now realize why these Pestors are all around him when he's got everything he need, and not to those other brothers who are in dire need of these Pestors help at these time of crisis?

You notice also, why are they so aggressive on Manny? if Manny was a poor boxer would they feel the same way of trying to SAVE him? :lol:

They saw Manny being generous so they said hey let me get some of that money too!

Manny should learn from Evander holyfield, the rich Pastor Creflo Dollar who Evander gave 15 million dollars in tithings too, told Evander you must give money to be blessed! well now Evander is broke, where is that Born again evangelist pastor now? When Evander is going broke and losing his home how come that Pastor never gave him some millions in return to bless Evander?

Pacquiao needs to wake up, these pastors are not really christian men, they are using the name of the lord to make money its a shame and they do so by using anti catholic propaganda, if you have to bash another persons faith to gain followers and tell lies you are not worthy to be followed. They like to call the catholics pagans and anti christ and all this crap, its already too much, if they want to gain followers why do they JUDGE and scare others to donate or else they will not be saved!

http://www.pimppreacher.com/evander-hol ... ar301.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:43 am 
Cruiserweight

This is boxing. No one stays on top forever. As to your question TS, we can never tell.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:54 am 
Heavyweight

guardians4power wrote:
dominic wrote:
could this be the turning point in pacquiao's boxing career?

which way will he choose, boxing or religion?

a difficult time for pacquiao, but only one master he must

serve with undivided devotion.

Di naman siguro ganun magbigay ng Test si God. Ang cruel naman.

did you know that job lost almost everything, from his children to his riches?
i presume you knew about the story of job from the bible. he's a perfect
example about god's test.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:15 am 
Lightweight

I don't know the answer to your question, TS. But I will just share my 2-cents=)

If I remember right, a Catholic bishop friend of Pacquiao has long asked the him to stop boxing as this "sport" goes against basic Christian precepts of loving one's neighbor... or something to that effect.

In contrast, I heard this pastor Jeric(?) Soriano during an interview say that he sees no problem with boxing.

As for Manny not attending the Mass anymore, not wearing the Rosary or making the sign of the cross... this is not at all surprising. For the very first things born-again proselytizers attack are the authority of the Catholic Church (CC), the holiness of the Mass, the official teachings of the CC, and clerical scandal and abuse.

They will present you with a cleverly crafted question and answer leaflet, showing how the CC is an apostate by citing biblical passages. This will in turn make you feel astute, knowledgeable, and inspired to go out there and preach how Catholics are unbiblical and damned- because there clearly stated in their tracts and leaflets are biblical proofs of the Catholics' errant ways. Then they will discuss these things with you at length. It will leave you a feeling of superiority that is so seductive and strong. The next thing you will be tempted to do is tear apart your rosary, smash your saints' statues, and tell your family that the Mass is a blasphemy.

I propose that unless you go out of your way to investigate the defense of the CC using its official teachings, from reliable sources, you're likely to become a born-again proselyte.

I wish Manny all the best.... Peace!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:05 pm 
Cruiserweight

JoeyInCali wrote:
Looks like Pac is sticking with the Burn Again Pestors, so it didn't work.

Perfect!!

Burn again Pestors, very well said!!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:21 pm 
Bantamweight

Religion per se has nothing to do with Pacquiao's KO. But it is on the way how he practiced it. He believed too much on God's intervention rather than doing his job which is to have a much better preparation and not to be reckless during the fight.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:20 pm 
Heavyweight

nice share bro magbubukid.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:28 pm 
Heavyweight

Bad karma strike twice to Pacquaio even if he is leading the fight, first Bradley second to Marquez. With the kind of discipline he has right now I don't expect him to bounce back, he just want more money for the election.

Saon dong gusto man nimo tanan, gustong mag pulitiko bisan walay sulod ang ulo, mag singer bisan walay boses, mag tv host bisan dili angay, mag pastor bisan pataka lag interpret sa bible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:40 pm 
Middleweight

moneyfacyo wrote:
Bad karma strike twice to Pacquaio even if he is leading the fight, first Bradley second to Marquez. With the kind of discipline he has right now I don't expect him to bounce back, he just want more money for the election.

Saon dong gusto man nimo tanan, gustong mag pulitiko bisan walay sulod ang ulo, mag singer bisan walay boses, mag tv host bisan dili angay, mag pastor bisan pataka lag interpret sa bible.

HAHA! MILLIONS OF HITS! :biglaugh:

"He’ll be Known for What He Accomplished and NOT what he Said" - George Foreman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:08 pm 
Heavyweight

moneyfacyo wrote:

it so happen that manny has bodega full of money to make almost all of the above possible.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:28 pm 
Welterweight

pacs loss doesnt meaning anything but a loss. the message varies on how one takes that loss, one can blame the stars and entire universe conspired. But for me its just he simply deserves it. why? i do not know, but pac sucks that he lost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:43 pm 
Cruiserweight

TRUE PINOY wrote:
airen wrote:
no basis! religion has nothing to do with the knock out. :lol:

This is most sensible speculation around here.

sensible? More of speculation :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:48 pm 
Cruiserweight

who knows...
might be... i dunno.

but God only knows.

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:50 pm 
Cruiserweight

magbubukid wrote:
I don't know the answer to your question, TS. But I will just share my 2-cents=)

If I remember right, a Catholic bishop friend of Pacquiao has long asked the him to stop boxing as this "sport" goes against basic Christian precepts of loving one's neighbor... or something to that effect.

In contrast, I heard this pastor Jeric(?) Soriano during an interview say that he sees no problem with boxing.

As for Manny not attending the Mass anymore, not wearing the Rosary or making the sign of the cross... this is not at all surprising. For the very first things born-again proselytizers attack are the authority of the Catholic Church (CC), the holiness of the Mass, the official teachings of the CC, and clerical scandal and abuse.

They will present you with a cleverly crafted question and answer leaflet, showing how the CC is an apostate by citing biblical passages. This will in turn make you feel astute, knowledgeable, and inspired to go out there and preach how Catholics are unbiblical and damned- because there clearly stated in their tracts and leaflets are biblical proofs of the Catholics' errant ways. Then they will discuss these things with you at length. It will leave you a feeling of superiority that is so seductive and strong. The next thing you will be tempted to do is tear apart your rosary, smash your saints' statues, and tell your family that the Mass is a blasphemy.

I propose that unless you go out of your way to investigate the defense of the CC using its official teachings, from reliable sources, you're likely to become a born-again proselyte.

I wish Manny all the best.... Peace!

It seems that Manny needs a priest to explain the Catholic faith for him.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next