Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:27 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:20 am 
Heavyweight

Icecream wrote:
Then don't take the rematch.
stay healthy.
Enjoy it with your family.

exactly! when a fighter talks like that, that only means that he's no longer the "No Fear" warrior that he used to be. He has doubts now in terms of bringing the fight back to JMM and finishing him off instead he's now worried about himself being finished off. Time to retire Manny or maybe just have an easy final fight to close your career with a win. 8)

- Statement of President Noynoy Aquino on appointing Boy Abunda in his cabinet.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:26 am 
Lightweight

Lanski2000 wrote:
Some of the people here just don't get the point. If it's your time, it's yours.. nothing can do about it. Just move on, there is always a room for change, but absolutely no room for always blaming it all to Pacman. Be thankful he's safe. :)

+ 1 to this.

Where were these people when Manny was winning?
lemme guess? sucking manny's..... :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:28 am 
Heavyweight

ako_barok wrote:
Tanggapin na kasi at manahimik na lang. Hindi ba
sabi ni Pacquiao, I paraphrase--

"Whatever happens, no excuses."

Wala ng dapat sabihin pa si Pacquiao kung hindi,
"Natalo ako."

Tapos ang istorya. Hintayin na lang ang September.

the problem is it's really eating him up inside, he may joke about it like it's just part of boxing, it was a lucky punch or that he will rise again but in reality he couldn't bear seeing the replays of that KO on TV again and again...Pac can always say that he knocked down JMM four times but JMM can also counter back and say that in all those four times he always got up and never stayed down while JMM permanently put Pac to sleep for almost two minutes the second time he knocked him down on their fourth fight.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:36 am 
Cruiserweight

fil79 wrote:
ako_barok wrote:

"Natalo ako."

the problem is it's really eating him up inside, he may joke about it like it's just part of boxing, it was a lucky punch or that he will rise again but in reality he couldn't bear seeing the replays of that KO on TV again and again...Pac can always say that he knocked down JMM four times but JMM can also counter back and say that in all those four times he always got up and never stayed down while JMM permanently put Pac to sleep for almost two minutes the second time he knocked him down on their fourth fight.

Time to hang-up your gloves Manny.

Dont fight for the money or you will get humiliated even worse.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:06 am 
Heavyweight

If Packy said that, then he is now in his age of self-preservation. I think it started after Margaritos fight? He won that fight but he also got hit by some solid ones, cracked his ribs i think? After that fight, he contented himself fighting that goes to the judges ('cept for the latest fight against Marquez where he got nailed). I think once a boxer is starting to think like this. The fire is not there anymore so maybe some of the guys saying that he should retire are correct? Go out of the sport while he is still healthy. That is a sure shot as a self-preservation method.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:09 am 
Cruiserweight

Thunder_knuckles wrote:
If Packy said that, then he is now in his age of self-preservation. I think it started after Margaritos fight? He won that fight but he also got hit by some solid ones, cracked his ribs i think? After that fight, he contented himself fighting that goes to the judges ('cept for the latest fight against Marquez where he got nailed). I think once a boxer is starting to think like this. The fire is not there anymore so maybe some of the guys saying that he should retire are correct? Go out of the sport while he is still healthy. That is a sure shot as a self-preservation method.

Now you accepted the FACT that Pac is no longer a determined boxer.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:16 am 
Heavyweight

jamsky wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:

Yup, he is no longer the "No Fear" warrior that he used to be. Retire Pacman and stay healthy, you've already achieved a lot in your career and have nothing more to prove.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:31 am 
Cruiserweight

please stop this coulda, woulda's opinion...
no if's and but's...
we're all have our own opinion to that, and sometimes it's hard to just surrender that idea...

Peace :)

"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:39 am 
Welterweight

How can you explain marquez knockdown in the 5th rd? Does it mean he didnt train hard too?...if your logic is training hard means you will never go down that does not make sense. If you also say that you will have a good reflexes to avoid that kind of error then does marquez dnt have that kind of reflexes thats why he went down? If marquez trained really hard why did he go down too?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:45 am 
Heavyweight

jamsky wrote:
Thunder_knuckles wrote:

Sure, if he is self-preserving then thats it for him. I have seen a lot of fights in this life. I have followed the career of many boxers and rooted for many of them including my dad's favorite "The late Flash Elorde" who got me as a fan of boxing. One Canadian boxer I liked in the 80s and is a fellow Canuck = Michael Olajide from 1981 -1991. Mike had a good career until he was TKOed by a puncher Iran Barkley. Mike continued to fight until one of his eye got damaged. Sad but true, so if Packy said that and if he feels he is not there anymore. Then retire than be damaged like the other boxers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:17 am 
Light Heavyweight

ako_barok wrote:

"Natalo ako."

That's not the point actually. It does not coincides the way TS trying to share...wake up!
Merry Christmas anyway...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:08 pm 
Heavyweight

If you want to fight again then make boxing as your full time job not part time dahil dito ka yumaman.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:21 pm 
Cruiserweight

Asusssss....During his pro_era when he was KO by hussein he got up, A brutal KO by torrecampo, he wanted to get up and the thailander also despite he was dehydrated, still he wanted to get up with a brave heart adn the fight with sanchez and all, the OLD PACMAN we know has a brave lion_heart and not BUSINESS MINDED, has this heart of a lion BUT NOW???? ALL BUSINESS...Well, he must now retire and dont give us anymore excuses that he dont want to absorb those bloody sheyt. Nevertheless, even Roy JOnes Juniors comment " I couldnt believe PACMAN can be KO that easy ".. he said that in donaire vs. arce commentary...TAKE NOTE!..And all experts knows its a fixed fight. All about MONEY AND BUSINESS now. Its now time to close teh curtain manny or people might not believe you anymore even in your politics career....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:23 pm 
Lightweight

:shock: No it couldn't be worse coz the round has ended when you ktfo..so you would have enough time to recover during break if you got up and beat the count.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:31 pm 
Heavyweight

Reread my post again and you'll find I was addressing
the TS's post. Merry Christmas to you and your family
too.

rjunz1 wrote:
ako_barok wrote:

"Natalo ako."

That's not the point actually. It does not coincides the way TS trying to share...wake up!
Merry Christmas anyway...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 57 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next