Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:25 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:39 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:34 am
Posts: 427
Location: Makati Philippines
ako_barok wrote:
If Pacquiao can't maximize, he can rationalize.


handsomepinoy1 wrote:
What you think guys, is Manny right this time?

PAC said, being totally knocked out, in hindsight, was better than
being partially knocked down, as he would have gotten up and got
More damaging blows!

Wait, hold on there... Is this true?

Is he now the "thinking boxer", Kung ganun ang logic niya?

Maybe PAC sees something, we don't? Is he right?

Is it better that " it seems like a lucky punch " with PAC fully asleep,- than an image of him
being beaten up by JMM, helpless, till the referee stops it?

Would the latter be a worse image for the Republic of the Philippines?


-----
..Rationalize with all his Pastors around him too, instead of just Maximize with Ariza and roach

_________________
___________________________________________________________
It takes a rather unusual mind, to make an analysis of the obvious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:42 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:34 am
Posts: 427
Location: Makati Philippines
PAC rationalize surrounded by his IPAD pastors, when he can just maximize with
Ariza and Roach.

I feel sorry for Roach, straight loses for him

_________________
___________________________________________________________
It takes a rather unusual mind, to make an analysis of the obvious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:48 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5385
EricM wrote:
The logic is very simple....... Better to be Hattonized than Margaritorized....Less round less damage... 8)

handsomepinoy1 wrote:
What you think guys, is Manny right this timTe?
PAC said, being totally knocked out, in hindsight, was better than damaging blows!
Wait, hold on there... Is this true?

Is he now the "thinking boxer", Kung ganun ang logic niya?

Maybe PAC sees something, we don't? Is he right?

Is it better that " it seems like a lucky punch " with PAC fully asleep,- than an image of him
being beaten up by JMM, helpless, till the referee stops it?

Would the latter be a worse image for the Republic of the Philippines?


It was Marquez who was showing more severe damage, it was the end of the round so the comparison is not even close. The respite in between rounds would give more time to Manny to clear his head since he claims he was in great condition for that fight, while the damage to Marquez's nose would still be there for the duration of the fight, and could only get worse if the referee or his corner doesn't stop it.
It's Manny again trying to rationalize. Both Hatton and Margarito were being beaten by Pacquiao in a lopsided manner. This wasn't the case in this fight between Marquez and Pacquiao, in fact, it was Marquez who was on the receiving end for most of that round except for the last minute boner by Pacquiao.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:00 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight

Joined: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:19 am
Posts: 2064
That is what I am thinking before, the reason why Pacquiao was not affected psychologically. If you are down and you cannot get up or up but cannot continue is more traumatic because you are concsious at that time and can remember the event that happens is more painfull it will hunt you forever.

I totally agree with him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:02 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 6770
marquez's only chance of winning was by KO. a mere KD wouldn't stop pacquiao
from mauling marquez. marquez was plain lucky to have scored a KO.

after all, it was manny who once said "knock me out, you win".


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:09 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5385
gin03 wrote:
That is what I am thinking before, the reason why Pacquiao was not affected psychologically. If you are down and you cannot get up or up but cannot continue is more traumatic because you are concsious at that time and can remember the event that happens is more painfull it will hunt you forever.

I totally agree with him.



These are Pacquiao's words.

Quote:
It could have been worse and I could have been in serious trouble.”

- “If I had the strength to get up at that time, I would have fought back with Marquez and I would probably have received more punches.”

- “The result would have been more devastating”


If he had the strength the get up there would have been no time left in the round and, he would have been given the needed respite to recuperate since it was the end of the round. Roach would have given him instructions to stay away until those cobwebs cleared and he would have resumed pummelling Marquez's nose until the referee stops it or the Mexican's corner throws in the towel. Now if Pacquiao still refuses to follow those instructions, he will never will win against Marquez because this is the type of stubborness that will always lead to a boxer's downfall no matter how great he is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:10 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:49 am
Posts: 2889
Question to everyone. What will you choose?
Being tortured first before your enemy shoots you or will you beg him to shoot you at once? :?:

_________________
You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:34 am
Posts: 427
Location: Makati Philippines
Emmanuel53 wrote:
EricM wrote:
The logic is very simple....... Better to be Hattonized than Margaritorized....Less round less damage... 8)

handsomepinoy1 wrote:
What you think guys, is Manny right this timTe?
PAC said, being totally knocked out, in hindsight, was better than damaging blows!
Wait, hold on there... Is this true?

Is he now the "thinking boxer", Kung ganun ang logic niya?

Maybe PAC sees something, we don't? Is he right?

Is it better that " it seems like a lucky punch " with PAC fully asleep,- than an image of him
being beaten up by JMM, helpless, till the referee stops it?

Would the latter be a worse image for the Republic of the Philippines?


It was Marquez who was showing more severe damage, it was the end of the round so the comparison is not even close. The respite in between rounds would give more time to Manny to clear his head since he claims he was in great condition for that fight, while the damage to Marquez's nose would still be there for the duration of the fight, and could only get worse if the referee or his corner doesn't stop it.
It's Manny again trying to rationalize. Both Hatton and Margarito were being beaten by Pacquiao in a lopsided manner. This wasn't the case in this fight between Marquez and Pacquiao, in fact, it was Marquez who was on the receiving end for most of that round except for the last minute boner by Pacquiao.


---
I can't get the gist of what you wrote. There is this interview published today where PACMAN said it was "In effect a blessing that he wasn't able to get back up". If he wasn't that bad a shape ( I.e asleep),.. got back up, the damage could be worse. So PAC was thankful for it. Some saying he is rationalizing.

But I agree with you, Marquez would have quit in next round. pAc's old form was back too.

Anyways, it was 1 second to go, bell would have saved him too.

_________________
___________________________________________________________
It takes a rather unusual mind, to make an analysis of the obvious


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:14 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5385
KaPUSA wrote:
Question to everyone. What will you choose?
Being tortured first before your enemy shoots you or will you beg him to shoot you at once? :?:


Question to you? Who's showing signs of being tortured here?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:25 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5385
]
Emmanuel53 wrote:
EricM wrote:
The logic is very simple....... Better to be Hattonized than Margaritorized....Less round less damage... 8)

handsomepinoy1 wrote:
What you think guys, is Manny right this timTe?
PAC said, being totally knocked out, in hindsight, was better than damaging blows!
Wait, hold on there... Is this true?

Is he now the "thinking boxer", Kung ganun ang logic niya?

Maybe PAC sees something, we don't? Is he right?

Is it better that " it seems like a lucky punch " with PAC fully asleep,- than an image of him
being beaten up by JMM, helpless, till the referee stops it?

Would the latter be a worse image for the Republic of the Philippines?


It was Marquez who was showing more severe damage, it was the end of the round so the comparison is not even close. The respite in between rounds would give more time to Manny to clear his head since he claims he was in great condition for that fight, while the damage to Marquez's nose would still be there for the duration of the fight, and could only get worse if the referee or his corner doesn't stop it.
It's Manny again trying to rationalize. Both Hatton and Margarito were being beaten by Pacquiao in a lopsided manner. This wasn't the case in this fight between Marquez and Pacquiao, in fact, it was Marquez who was on the receiving end for most of that round except for the last minute boner by Pacquiao.


---
Quote:
I can't get the gist of what you wrote. There is this interview published today where PACMAN said it was "In effect a blessing that he wasn't able to get back up". If he wasn't that bad a shape ( I.e asleep),.. got back up, the damage could be worse. So PAC was thankful for it. Some saying he is rationalizing.

But I agree with you, Marquez would have quit in next round. pAc's old form was back too.

Anyways, it was 1 second to go, bell would have saved him too.


If he got back up and there was a lot of time remaining, this might be true. But boxers are superbly conditioned athletes especially at this elite level and if it is true that Pacquaio was in shape , the rest in between rounds would have been enough for some sort of recuperation on his part. And if this was not enough, Pacquiao's footspeed is way better than Marquez and he could have danced his way for the most part of the seventh round. Moreover Marquez is a counterpuncher so he is not really that adept in chasing someone like Pacquiao around the ring.
Mathebula was badly hurt by Donaire in the fourth round but the bell saved the African who rose shakily and was able to recover in the succeeding rounds. And if you agree with me that Marquez would have quit in the next round what blessing is Manny talking about here?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:26 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:07 pm
Posts: 6770
Emmanuel53 wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
Question to everyone. What will you choose?
Being tortured first before your enemy shoots you or will you beg him to shoot you at once? :?:


Question to you? Who's showing signs of being tortured here?

:smoke: well, what can you say about that emmanuel?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:28 am 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:03 pm
Posts: 969
Manny"s right. Anyway it would also help him for an easy psychological recovery, rather than to face a hard time thinking the way he has been defeated.


Last edited by Indomitable_Soldier on Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:29 am 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 5385
dominic wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
Question to everyone. What will you choose?
Being tortured first before your enemy shoots you or will you beg him to shoot you at once? :?:


Question to you? Who's showing signs of being tortured here?

:smoke: well, what can you say about that emmanuel?


Again dominic who's showing signs of being tortured in the fight between Marquez and Pacquiao? Mathebula rose from a fourth round knockdown against Donaire was saved by the bell, recovered and put up a competitive fight in the later rounds.
A lot of people were saying here that one more round and Marquez would have quit or his corner would have thrown in the towel. So if it was the end of the sixth round and Marquez wasn't able to finish off Pacquiao, who do you think was at a disadvantage?
I don't want to be blunt but for once use your coconut.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:45 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:49 am
Posts: 2889
Emmanuel53 wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
Question to everyone. What will you choose?
Being tortured first before your enemy shoots you or will you beg him to shoot you at once? :?:


Question to you? Who's showing signs of being tortured here?


I will answer your question if you will answer my question. :peace:

_________________
You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:51 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 1727
handsomepinoy1 wrote:
numero1 wrote:
who the f*ck cares? :lol:

a lost is a lost, a win is a win no matter how you look at it, the record books shows that he got KTFO cold in a brutal fashion! there wouldnt be an asterisk there saying that he got knock out totally but its better than got beaten badly.

get over it pactard.

:lol:


--------

Lol, we have moved on, ...we over it so over it okay!

In fact, We are already discussing future fights of Pacquiao, while you are the one stuck in the last fight?

Why even bother to read this thread then.

We got it and over it. PAC lost 4 th fight in most humiliating way. Now we discussing his rise back, which he claims is what will happen next.



ano daw?


:lol:

_________________
if its too good to be true, its not.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 43 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group