Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:42 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am 
Heavyweight

KaPUSA wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
Question to everyone. What will you choose?
Being tortured first before your enemy shoots you or will you beg him to shoot you at once? :?:

Question to you? Who's showing signs of being tortured here?

I will answer your question if you will answer my question. :peace:

Nope, that's not the case in the Pacquiao fight, you said being tortured which applies to Marquez, and if Pacquiao was the one shot , then he would have stayed down not gotten up or had he gotten up, then he would have been rested in between rounds and would know better and continue to torture Marquez for the duration of the bout before the corner throws in the towel. That is if Pacquiao uses his head and fights intelligently.
In the first place why will you beg your enemy to shoot you if you have the upper hand?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:58 am 
Heavyweight

KaPUSA wrote:
Emmanuel53 wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
Being tortured first before your enemy shoots you or will you beg him to shoot you at once? :?:

my bad, my previous question was meant for you, not emmanuel. i just couldn't edit the error anymore.
well, what can you say about who looked more tortured?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:07 pm 
Cruiserweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:

Nope, that's not the case in the Pacquiao fight, you said being tortured which applies to Marquez, and if Pacquiao was the one shot , then he would have stayed down not gotten up or had he gotten up, then he would have been rested in between rounds and would know better and continue to torture Marquez for the duration of the bout before the corner throws in the towel. That is if Pacquiao uses his head and fights intelligently.
In the first place why will you beg your enemy to shoot you if you have the upper hand?

OK, Im just following the line of Pacquiao that if you will only to lose the fight what would you prefer? He is just rationalizing his defeat that it is better that way (being KO'ed) than being punished first before being ko'ed.

Outside of that fight, how will you answer my question?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:43 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Manny should quit now while quitting is good. It's just too risky for his health.
Jinkee and Aling Dionisia are right. Listen to them, Manny.

I hope Marquez will heed his wife's call for him to retire.

Stop this foolishness.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Location: The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Whatever it is, it is still a brutal knockout.
Better quit now, while the quitting is good.

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
~ Mark Twain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:53 pm 
Welterweight

gin03 wrote:
That is what I am thinking before, the reason why Pacquiao was not affected psychologically. If you are down and you cannot get up or up but cannot continue is more traumatic because you are concsious at that time and can remember the event that happens is more painfull it will hunt you forever.

I totally agree with him.

-----
I never saw it that way.

So it's like a good movie cut short. You can still re-watch the movie from the beginning as you didn't see the spoiler. So PAC and Marquez can still fight and PAC in this 5th fight , will see it as a mere continuation of the 4 th fight, where his last images in mind was- he was beating up Marquez.

... at least PAC's last recollection was that he was winning, not losing the fight. mentally, i agree with you, this is critical for his psyche.

What he saw before the black out was a bleeding Marquez who couldn't breath well

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:13 pm 
Lightweight

This is just Pac being humble. He could've said, "yeah hes very lucky i got over confident or I would've kicked his ***" but we all know that's not Manny. But in his own mind he knows pretty damn well that if he didn't get careless, Marquez was more than likely going to go down or his corner would've thrown in the towel to prevent further damage on his face and head. The way I see it, this knockout can make Manny a more dangerous fighter if he can learn from that fight and have more of a care full aggressiveness instead of a carelessness aggressiveness. Well just have to wait and see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:18 pm 
Middleweight

Repeated head shots is more dangerous than one shot KO. I remember watching Levander Johnson vs Jesus Chavez. CHavez threw colossal punches repeatedly to Johnson's temple. He lost via 12 rd UD and collapsed later on the dressing room and died after a couple of days. I think Marquez is physically more damaged than Pacquiao in their last fightm however psychologically Manny is decimated.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:11 pm 
Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:
KaPUSA wrote:

Quote:
OK, Im just following the line of Pacquiao that if you will only to lose the fight what would you prefer? He is just rationalizing his defeat that it is better that way (being KO'ed) than being punished first before being ko'ed.

Outside of that fight, how will you answer my question?

We are talking about the fight, so don't try that line on me. This thread is about the fight. You said "his defeat" right? And what were the circumstances of HIS DEFEAT. There were barely two seconds remaining so had he risen, the bell would have saved him and he would have been given the time to recuperate. Meanwhile, Marquez would have had to nurse the nose injury for the remainder of the bout.
Even Pacquiao's rationalization is dead wrong based on the situation. He admitted hearing the last 10 seconds warning, he was winning the round handily, and the fight would have probably been stopped if Marquez's injury worsened, so what does that make Pacquiao look like? So if you follow that type of rationalization what does that make you look like?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:46 am 
Light Heavyweight

Tatay wrote:
Yes it's better to be KOd rather than take excessive blows , most deaths come from not stopping a fight

Its the END of round 6 when Pac got KTFO, isnt it???

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

Emmanuel53 wrote:
We are talking about the fight, so don't try that line on me. This thread is about the fight. You said "his defeat" right? And what were the circumstances of HIS DEFEAT. There were barely two seconds remaining so had he risen, the bell would have saved him and he would have been given the time to recuperate. Meanwhile, Marquez would have had to nurse the nose injury for the remainder of the bout.
Even Pacquiao's rationalization is dead wrong based on the situation. He admitted hearing the last 10 seconds warning, he was winning the round handily, and the fight would have probably been stopped if Marquez's injury worsened, so what does that make Pacquiao look like? So if you follow that type of rationalization what does that make you look like?

You NAILED it bro!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:58 am 
Cruiserweight

WoW! Such a lousy statement coming from a Phil. Congressman.
:vomit2:
Sana natulog ka na lang nga!!! :biglaugh:

"The universe is but one vast Symbol of God."
-Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:03 am 
Heavyweight

Tanggapin na kasi at manahimik na lang. Hindi ba
sabi ni Pacquiao, I paraphrase--

"Whatever happens, no excuses."

Wala ng dapat sabihin pa si Pacquiao kung hindi,
"Natalo ako."

Tapos ang istorya. Hintayin na lang ang September.