Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:01 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:22 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 299
wasaywasay wrote:
What an irresponsible doctor! Even with his disclaimer (that he hasn't seen Pacquiao in person), making a clinical opinion off a TV feed and making it public is simply unethical and dangerous.


A lot of doctors does it.

Even in the states, saying slurs in speech among others are signs of pugilistica dementia. They comment when they saw Riddick Bowe speak.

They never force you to heed their words, they are just giving advices.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:31 pm
Posts: 1152
Location: Gliese 581g
No problem! The power of miracle healing through the prayer warriors of Pr. Jeric Soriano will do the trick. (of course with the right amount).

_________________

“You all think I’m scared, I’m a coward? Well guess what? I’m a rich, scared coward. I’m a rich coward,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:11 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:31 pm
Posts: 1688
500 Billion pesos but in a wheelchair for the rest of your life?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:26 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 7:27 pm
Posts: 7639
Location: wala dito, andun!!!!!
hahahaha galing pala yan sa EBS-CBN...kaya pala basura..

_________________
FIBA WORLD CUP baby!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:28 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:23 pm
Posts: 3286
Location: L.A.
World_War wrote:
Kung ako kay Dr. Jimenez, siguraduhin niya muna yan kaysa kung ano-anong pinagsasabi niya. 8)


corncern lang naman si Doc. sa ating pambansang kamao...

I have been a fan of Pacquiao since blow by blows days. But I would not regret if Pacquiao decides to retire now because I don't want him to suffer such types of ailments someday... :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:31 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:23 pm
Posts: 3286
Location: L.A.
alilee wrote:
No problem! The power of miracle healing through the prayer warriors of Pr. Jeric Soriano will do the trick. (of course with the right amount).


The ten thousand angels from Jeric Soriano that were supposed to protect Pacquiao in the ring were not able to do their job...maybe the price was not right?!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:34 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:23 pm
Posts: 3286
Location: L.A.
JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:
wasaywasay wrote:
What an irresponsible doctor! Even with his disclaimer (that he hasn't seen Pacquiao in person), making a clinical opinion off a TV feed and making it public is simply unethical and dangerous.


A lot of doctors does it.

Even in the states, saying slurs in speech among others are signs of pugilistica dementia. They comment when they saw Riddick Bowe speak.

They never force you to heed their words, they are just giving advices.


Those professional advises from certified doctors were free of charge...so there's nothing wrong with that!

Unlike the PESTors that are sorrounding Pacquiao right now... :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:52 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 299
CPK-MB wrote:
JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:
wasaywasay wrote:
What an irresponsible doctor! Even with his disclaimer (that he hasn't seen Pacquiao in person), making a clinical opinion off a TV feed and making it public is simply unethical and dangerous.


A lot of doctors does it.

Even in the states, saying slurs in speech among others are signs of pugilistica dementia. They comment when they saw Riddick Bowe speak.

They never force you to heed their words, they are just giving advices.


Those professional advises from certified doctors were free of charge...so there's nothing wrong with that!

Unlike the PESTors that are sorrounding Pacquiao right now... :(


I'd rather get a free advice from people who are experts in their fields.

Rather than people who claim to spread the word of God who has ulterior motives.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:57 pm 
Offline
Welterweight

Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:26 am
Posts: 221
CPK-MB wrote:
JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:
wasaywasay wrote:
What an irresponsible doctor! Even with his disclaimer (that he hasn't seen Pacquiao in person), making a clinical opinion off a TV feed and making it public is simply unethical and dangerous.


A lot of doctors does it.

Even in the states, saying slurs in speech among others are signs of pugilistica dementia. They comment when they saw Riddick Bowe speak.

They never force you to heed their words, they are just giving advices.


Those professional advises from certified doctors were free of charge...so there's nothing wrong with that!

Unlike the PESTors that are sorrounding Pacquiao right now... :(



That doesn't make it any more correct. The point is, you can't make a valid diagnosis off a TV broadcast, especially of a condition that hasn't even manifested incontrovertible symptoms. For professional reasons he should have kept his opinion to himself or opined only to another medical professional.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:02 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:37 pm
Posts: 1486
This is a very serious matter.

_________________
When you are scientifically literate, the world looks different to you
Neil deGrasse Tyson


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:03 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 299
wasaywasay wrote:
CPK-MB wrote:
JudgeHenryVerniz wrote:

A lot of doctors does it.

Even in the states, saying slurs in speech among others are signs of pugilistica dementia. They comment when they saw Riddick Bowe speak.

They never force you to heed their words, they are just giving advices.


Those professional advises from certified doctors were free of charge...so there's nothing wrong with that!

Unlike the PESTors that are sorrounding Pacquiao right now... :(



That doesn't make it any more correct. The point is, you can't make a valid diagnosis off a TV broadcast, especially of a condition that hasn't even manifested incontrovertible symptoms. For professional reasons he should have kept his opinion to himself or opined only to another medical professional.


Did the doctor made a prescription for medicine or prescribe Pacquiao to undergo whatever tests?

As the article mentioned, they have "observed" early signs and "they can be wrong".

The most they did is told Pacquiao to be cautious which is a given for a man who has already secured himself for life after boxing.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:08 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:15 pm
Posts: 2168
Location: Lawigan
ANG DAMI NA YATANG nakiki-sawsaw sa JMM VS. PACMAN 4 na FIXED FIGHT!!!!...Etohh pah! parkinsons na daw. Magkano kaya natanggap ng doc na to. OMG!

_________________
"The best things in life are free!!!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:31 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 12:07 pm
Posts: 818
Location: Cabuling, Banga, South Cotabato
Isn't this going to give Manny an undue anxiety? The manner by which the observation was made and then published seems unprofessional and uncalled for. I think the doctor should know better than this, unless gusto lang nya mapag-usapan at sumikat.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:42 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:46 am
Posts: 10856
i believe that El Critico is showing early signs of Parkinson's disease, but I could be wrong. 8)

_________________
Seriousness is a disease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:45 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:28 pm
Posts: 1968
World_War wrote:
Kung ako kay Dr. Jimenez, siguraduhin niya muna yan kaysa kung ano-anong pinagsasabi niya. 8)



Would you be just happy that someone is just concern bout Manny's health. :)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group