Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:52 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:36 am 
Heavyweight

jogar84 wrote:
:lol: these so called doctors are nothing but nurses here in the states.

i never heard of a doctor being so zealous as to give a diagnosis without examining the patient

only in da Pelepens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's ok if you are one of them problema kung tagahugas ka lang ng plato sa nursing home lol! ok kaya palamunin ng mga apong nurses. 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:43 am 
Cruiserweight

Manny please fight again for MORE MONEY!!! LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:48 am 
Light Heavyweight

El Critico falls victim to journalistic trash. And people bit hook, line and sinker again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 8:51 am 
Light Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
the hand twitching must be from steroid use, and the stuttering is just normal for a primary school grad :biglaugh:

This guy has a knack for coming up with well-timed, 'head-turning' one-liners. Keep it up El Critico!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:29 am 
Cruiserweight

It's not easy to arrive at diagnosis of Parkinson's disease even with direct examination especially in the early stage, much more from afar. Although there is NO specific test that will conclusively diagnose Parkinson's disease, certain tests/labs are ordered to rule out other conditions. With periodic neurological examination/observation, especially with symptoms becoming more evident (eg., resting tremor, slowed movement, etc.) and with test results that can't be linked to other conditions, Parkinson's disease becomes the primary diagnosis. After a few years, some people with Parkinson's disease eventually develop Parkinson's Disease Dementia - for example, memory deficits (short-term memory such as asking same question that's already been answered), disorientation (getting lost in familiar places), difficulty performing simple tasks.

Whether Pacquiao develops Parkinson's Disease or not, only time will tell. However, if I were him, I'd at least take note of the concerns expressed by doctors. The comment of the other doctor (Dr. Fortun) seems to make more sense. Her remarks about the potential adverse effects of blows to the head (brain displacement) in football players and boxers, is right on the money. Pacquiao, she said, actually had two major blows to the head (brain) when he was KO'd by JMM. The first was JMM's powerful overhand right itself, and the second was when Pacquiao hit his head against the canvass ("double whammy"). Actually, you may also add all the hits to head Pacquiao received in the course of his 17-year career as a boxer. Example, did you see those powerful uppercuts that Pacquiao received from Cotto and Margarito? Although he didn't seem hurt, looked like those punches really shook his head enough to create some jarring to the brain.

I'm sure the Pactards will spit venom in their responses but I'd say it, anyway. If Pacquiao has plans to run for President of RP when he turns 40, IMHO, he should retire now and save himself further blows to the brain which may lead to the point of no return, the "event horizon," toward Parkinson's Disease and subsequent Dementia. He may win the Presidency, but he may become so decrepit to run the country. I am not Manny Pacquiao and it's not my brain. But, if I were Pacquiao, this time I'd play it smart and retire. Better safe than sorry. Quit while you're ahead. As the gambler would say, "Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em." Well, whatever Pacquiao decides, may God bless him.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:39 am 
Heavyweight

Papansin si Doc, baka nga naman maasar si Pac at magpa-executive check-up sa kanya to prove Pac is still in good condition.. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:53 am 
Light Heavyweight

wasaywasay wrote:
What an irresponsible doctor! Even with his disclaimer (that he hasn't seen Pacquiao in person), making a clinical opinion off a TV feed and making it public is simply unethical and dangerous.

whats more dangerous ? doctors opinion or manny fighting again and increasing his chance of having parkinsons disease

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:04 am 
Cruiserweight

rickb888 wrote:
wasaywasay wrote:
What an irresponsible doctor! Even with his disclaimer (that he hasn't seen Pacquiao in person), making a clinical opinion off a TV feed and making it public is simply unethical and dangerous.

whats more dangerous ? doctors opinion or manny fighting again and increasing his chance of having parkinsons disease

increasing the risk of having parkinsons, alzhiemers,
or even death...Marquez almost killed Pacquiao in their last fight
and Pacquiao admitted that in his interviews!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:07 am 
Heavyweight

8 in 8 wrote:
It's not easy to arrive at diagnosis of Parkinson's disease even with direct examination especially in the early stage, much more from afar. Although there is NO specific test that will conclusively diagnose Parkinson's disease, certain tests/labs are ordered to rule out other conditions. With periodic neurological examination/observation, especially with symptoms becoming more evident (eg., resting tremor, slowed movement, etc.) and with test results that can't be linked to other conditions, Parkinson's disease becomes the primary diagnosis. After a few years, some people with Parkinson's disease eventually develop Parkinson's Disease Dementia - for example, memory deficits (short-term memory such as asking same question that's already been answered), disorientation (getting lost in familiar places), difficulty performing simple tasks.

Whether Pacquiao develops Parkinson's Disease or not, only time will tell. However, if I were him, I'd at least take note of the concerns expressed by doctors. The comment of the other doctor (Dr. Fortun) seems to make more sense. Her remarks about the potential adverse effects of blows to the head (brain displacement) in football players and boxers, is right on the money. Pacquiao, she said, actually had two major blows to the head (brain) when he was KO'd by JMM. The first was JMM's powerful overhand right itself, and the second was when Pacquiao hit his head against the canvass ("double whammy"). Actually, you may also add all the hits to head Pacquiao received in the course of his 17-year career as a boxer. Example, did you see those powerful uppercuts that Pacquiao received from Cotto and Margarito? Although he didn't seem hurt, looked like those punches really shook his head enough to create some jarring to the brain.

I'm sure the Pactards will spit venom in their responses but I'd say it, anyway. If Pacquiao has plans to run for President of RP when he turns 40, IMHO, he should retire now and save himself further blows to the brain which may lead to the point of no return, the "event horizon," toward Parkinson's Disease and subsequent Dementia. He may win the Presidency, but he may become so decrepit to run the country. I am not Manny Pacquiao and it's not my brain. But, if I were Pacquiao, this time I'd play it smart and retire. Better safe than sorry. Quit while you're ahead. As the gambler would say, "Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em." Well, whatever Pacquiao decides, may God bless him.

Amen.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:09 am 
Heavyweight

born again pastors must convince Pacquiao to retire soon.

forget the tithes, Manny has still billions of pesos to share with them . :biglaugh:

History will tell that 19 Senators, 188 congressmen,the PNOY government conspired to commit this devious act of Bribery by removing CJ Corona from office. I now realize that his only management skill is that of bribing to get his way.- By Ricardo Saludo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:11 am 
Heavyweight

Pacquiao is a public figure (superstar boxer and congressman), so his life is open to scrutiny, including his health.

I think he should even thank the doctors for raising their concerns. It's for the good of our Pambansang Kamao. But ultimately, it is Pacquiao's decision. We can only hope he makes the wise decision this time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:44 am 
Welterweight

in a few years time manny will be coaching just like roach because parkinson had taken over. its over manny you cant fight anymore.

what we only saw was during the fight but what about the sparring sessions? its also taken its toll on manny

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:54 am 
Light Heavyweight

Ganon talaga mga born again. Nangingisay. Parang hindi niyo alam.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wh3Q1K3FHk

See 0:50 of this video.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:56 am 
Welterweight

SPIDEYMAN wrote:
Publications like this must have a supporting documents or a documentary reports coming from the labs, scans or any test that will surely advise the person to retire.

I can also make my opinion that pac has "this and that" but my testimony is not sufficient enough to prove that I'm right.

Although these Doctors have points of view, but its not enough to prove on what they just observe. It will just create another issues to Pacfans, Pacnuts, Pactards and/or Pacmanias...

But in the contrary, its a good information to Pac.

GO WEB!!!

sabog ka ba? kapag ba may konting nginig at medyo utal na at duling na kelangan pa ng labs? physical test lang alam na ng mga doctors yan

trans: time to retire manny!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:01 pm 
Heavyweight

anodedotnet wrote:
SPIDEYMAN wrote:
Publications like this must have a supporting documents or a documentary reports coming from the labs, scans or any test that will surely advise the person to retire.

I can also make my opinion that pac has "this and that" but my testimony is not sufficient enough to prove that I'm right.

Although these Doctors have points of view, but its not enough to prove on what they just observe. It will just create another issues to Pacfans, Pacnuts, Pactards and/or Pacmanias...

But in the contrary, its a good information to Pac.

GO WEB!!!

sabog ka ba? kapag ba may konting nginig at medyo utal na at duling na kelangan pa ng labs? physical test lang alam na ng mga doctors yan

trans: time to retire manny!!!

Kay Torrecampo KO pa lang, duling na si Manny.. Dapat nagretire na siya bago siya naduling uli kay Hussein.. :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next