Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:38 am 
Heavyweight

http://www.examiner.com/article/not-enough-evidence-to-suggest-that-pacquiao-has-parkinson-s-1

Quote:
"Many writers have written of Pacquiao’s “obvious decline”. I can't help but wonder how they failed to notice the fact that for most of the fight he was beating the best version of Juan Manuel Marquez more decisively than ever."

Quote:
It was reported that the neurologist who suggested the possibility of Parkinson's saw Pacman’s hand twitch in a television interview. He also said Pacquiao was stuttering. Hasn't Pacquiao always stuttered? Now, all the sudden this is newsworthy? This is his basis for publicly stating that Pacquiao could have Parkinson’s?

...sometimes pinoys get too emotional. most pinoys got so emotional when Pac got knocked out they want him to retire and now speculation of him possibly showing signs of parkinsons is making waves in the web. This reminds me of that congressman who tried to stop the de la hoya fight.

I for one want Pac to retire in boxing as he is already rich and has everything to keep him comfortable for the rest of his life. Taking further risk is no longer necessary but rather driven by greed or simply foolishness. But Pac makes the last say. and besides I agree with the report. It's too insufficient to make such impression of possible parkinsons from symptoms that could be attributed to many other things. and have the doctor not thought that his opinion could cause unnecessary anxiety not only to Pac but to his family? Doctors had immersed themselves into studying complex things and tend to forget to exercise sensitivity. He could have just keep his mouth shut until Pac is fully examined by a qualified clinician. In a religious Philippines, many people wants to be a prophet...this doctor could be aspiring to become one.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:50 am 
Heavyweight

that expert of medicine could had been a former fortune teller in quiapo... :biglaugh: just by looking the patient at the comfort of his own tv, he already knows the symptoms.. now that must be something...(perhaps he could be on something) :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 pm 
Heavyweight

The doctor was trying to be come popular

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:52 pm 
Cruiserweight

damn shabu.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 pm 
Cruiserweight

Poor Packy. :(
Pacquiao need to take a long vacation in Krista condo.
Tiyak tanggal yan Parkinson's disease na yan.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 pm 
Heavyweight

Icecream wrote:
Poor Packy. :(
Pacquiao need to take a long vacation in Krista condo.
Tiyak tanggal yan Parkinson's disease na yan.

krista is already married... he should instead look for a younger prospects, on their primes... joke! :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 pm 
Light Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/article/not-enough-evidence-to-suggest-that-pacquiao-has-parkinson-s-1

Quote:
"Many writers have written of Pacquiao’s “obvious decline”. I can't help but wonder how they failed to notice the fact that for most of the fight he was beating the best version of Juan Manuel Marquez more decisively than ever."

Quote:
It was reported that the neurologist who suggested the possibility of Parkinson's saw Pacman’s hand twitch in a television interview. He also said Pacquiao was stuttering. Hasn't Pacquiao always stuttered? Now, all the sudden this is newsworthy? This is his basis for publicly stating that Pacquiao could have Parkinson’s?

...sometimes pinoys get too emotional. most pinoys got so emotional when Pac got knocked out they want him to retire and now speculation of him possibly showing signs of parkinsons is making waves in the web. This reminds me of that congressman who tried to stop the de la hoya fight.

I for one want Pac to retire in boxing as he is already rich and has everything to keep him comfortable for the rest of his life. Taking further risk is no longer necessary but rather driven by greed or simply foolishness. But Pac makes the last say. and besides I agree with the report. It's too insufficient to make such impression of possible parkinsons from symptoms that could be attributed to many other things. and have the doctor not thought that his opinion could cause unnecessary anxiety not only to Pac but to his family? Doctors had immersed themselves into studying complex things and tend to forget to exercise sensitivity. He could have just keep his mouth shut until Pac is fully examined by a qualified clinician. In a religious Philippines, many people wants to be a prophet...this doctor could be aspiring to become one.

it seems that you miss the point. pacquiao is a public figure and a public official. Its normal for him to be criticized, scrutinized, etc etc. Even things he bought like watch, perfumes, cars, jinkys bags etc etc are made in public, i found no reason for an expert opinion about his health be kept out of public.

time

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rustycooley66 wrote:
that expert of medicine could had been a former fortune teller in quiapo... :biglaugh: just by looking the patient at the comfort of his own tv, he already knows the symptoms.. now that must be something...(perhaps he could be on something) :biglaugh:

yet the neuro surgeon observation is more valid diagnosis of an early sign of PD than a CT scan he had after brutally KOd by JMM. Better do make research before making any joke.

time

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:09 pm 
Heavyweight

mauragon wrote:
rustycooley66 wrote:

yet the neuro surgeon observation is more valid diagnosis of an early sign of PD than a CT scan he had after brutally KOd by JMM. Better do make research before making any joke.

would you mind to educate me about it? you seems to be knowledgeable... :biglaugh:

saw this one over the net.. I don't work under the banner of med.... does MP had this symptoms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signs_and_ ... 's_disease

Last edited by rustycooley66 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 pm 
Light Heavyweight

rustycooley66 wrote:
mauragon wrote:
rustycooley66 wrote:

would you mind to educate me about it? you seems to be knowledgeable... :biglaugh:

just google it bro. wiki has a broad explanation about PD.

time

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 pm 
Heavyweight

Yeah, right!

So I guess the best thing to do is for Pacquiao to continue fighting until there is "enough evidence" to suggest that he has Parkinson's.

Go on, Manny. Keep on fighting. "Not enough evidence" daw eh. We need to be sure that you actually have Parkinson's, with actual diagnosis, before you are allowed to retire. "To make people happy," like you always say.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:16 pm 
Cruiserweight

Gosh...drama! whewww...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:39 pm 
Cruiserweight

for the first time i agree with the ts, his thread title and his opinion. but still its manny's decision.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 pm 
Light Heavyweight

that doctor is showing early signs of paranoia, just by simply watching pacquiao's recent interviews on TV and noticed some twitching movement, suddenly, he concluded pacquiao might be suffering from early symptoms of parkinson's disease..

did pacquiao really have recent TV interviews just like last week or a couple of days ago? as far as i know, Manny is in israel right now, having a vacation with his family.
I think those recent TV interviews, being pointed out by Dr. Jimenez, happened a few days after the fight. and that twitching movement he saw in pacquiao could just have been a voluntary movement...meaning intentional like he was just doing a wrist stretching exercise which is normal as he could still be suffering from joint pains during those times of TV interviews.
keep in mind, that doctor is also a human like us, although he is an expert, human tends to commit mistakes once in a while...

by the way, pacquiao has many advisers and he has his family around him, im sure they are all concerned for pacman's health and would welcome any positive measures and suggestions before considering if pacquiao could still fight on..at the end of the day, pacquiao and his family have the final say...i doubt aling dionisia.. :D

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:46 pm 
Heavyweight

ZERO evidence you mean.