Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 1:15 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:38 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 26, 2011 12:23 am
Posts: 14455
http://www.examiner.com/article/not-enough-evidence-to-suggest-that-pacquiao-has-parkinson-s-1

Quote:
"Many writers have written of Pacquiao’s “obvious decline”. I can't help but wonder how they failed to notice the fact that for most of the fight he was beating the best version of Juan Manuel Marquez more decisively than ever."

Quote:
It was reported that the neurologist who suggested the possibility of Parkinson's saw Pacman’s hand twitch in a television interview. He also said Pacquiao was stuttering. Hasn't Pacquiao always stuttered? Now, all the sudden this is newsworthy? This is his basis for publicly stating that Pacquiao could have Parkinson’s?



...sometimes pinoys get too emotional. most pinoys got so emotional when Pac got knocked out they want him to retire and now speculation of him possibly showing signs of parkinsons is making waves in the web. This reminds me of that congressman who tried to stop the de la hoya fight.

I for one want Pac to retire in boxing as he is already rich and has everything to keep him comfortable for the rest of his life. Taking further risk is no longer necessary but rather driven by greed or simply foolishness. But Pac makes the last say. and besides I agree with the report. It's too insufficient to make such impression of possible parkinsons from symptoms that could be attributed to many other things. and have the doctor not thought that his opinion could cause unnecessary anxiety not only to Pac but to his family? Doctors had immersed themselves into studying complex things and tend to forget to exercise sensitivity. He could have just keep his mouth shut until Pac is fully examined by a qualified clinician. In a religious Philippines, many people wants to be a prophet...this doctor could be aspiring to become one.

_________________
"I like it when you all disagree with me. At least you somehow get to see the 21st century kind of thinking. Someday you'll thank me for saving you from eternal dumbnation."-jasperjack


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:50 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8669
Location: Manila City
that expert of medicine could had been a former fortune teller in quiapo... :biglaugh: just by looking the patient at the comfort of his own tv, he already knows the symptoms.. now that must be something...(perhaps he could be on something) :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:13 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:02 am
Posts: 5826
Location: Bansang Kanluran
The doctor was trying to be come popular

_________________
"There's no hope in dope,so stay away from prohibited drugs. Get into the sports instead it's your best bet and be a sure winner" - Robert 'Sonny" Jaworski


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:52 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 2145
damn shabu.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:53 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 17, 2010 10:40 am
Posts: 3889
Location: under your bed
Poor Packy. :(
Pacquiao need to take a long vacation in Krista condo.
Tiyak tanggal yan Parkinson's disease na yan.

_________________
"In times of war, the father bury their sons.
In times of peace, sons bury their father."
-Herodotus


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:48 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8669
Location: Manila City
Icecream wrote:
Poor Packy. :(
Pacquiao need to take a long vacation in Krista condo.
Tiyak tanggal yan Parkinson's disease na yan.



krista is already married... he should instead look for a younger prospects, on their primes... joke! :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:02 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 1187
jasperjack1968 wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/article/not-enough-evidence-to-suggest-that-pacquiao-has-parkinson-s-1

Quote:
"Many writers have written of Pacquiao’s “obvious decline”. I can't help but wonder how they failed to notice the fact that for most of the fight he was beating the best version of Juan Manuel Marquez more decisively than ever."

Quote:
It was reported that the neurologist who suggested the possibility of Parkinson's saw Pacman’s hand twitch in a television interview. He also said Pacquiao was stuttering. Hasn't Pacquiao always stuttered? Now, all the sudden this is newsworthy? This is his basis for publicly stating that Pacquiao could have Parkinson’s?



...sometimes pinoys get too emotional. most pinoys got so emotional when Pac got knocked out they want him to retire and now speculation of him possibly showing signs of parkinsons is making waves in the web. This reminds me of that congressman who tried to stop the de la hoya fight.

I for one want Pac to retire in boxing as he is already rich and has everything to keep him comfortable for the rest of his life. Taking further risk is no longer necessary but rather driven by greed or simply foolishness. But Pac makes the last say. and besides I agree with the report. It's too insufficient to make such impression of possible parkinsons from symptoms that could be attributed to many other things. and have the doctor not thought that his opinion could cause unnecessary anxiety not only to Pac but to his family? Doctors had immersed themselves into studying complex things and tend to forget to exercise sensitivity. He could have just keep his mouth shut until Pac is fully examined by a qualified clinician. In a religious Philippines, many people wants to be a prophet...this doctor could be aspiring to become one.



it seems that you miss the point. pacquiao is a public figure and a public official. Its normal for him to be criticized, scrutinized, etc etc. Even things he bought like watch, perfumes, cars, jinkys bags etc etc are made in public, i found no reason for an expert opinion about his health be kept out of public.

_________________
The best thing about
the future is that it only
comes one day at a
time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:07 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 1187
rustycooley66 wrote:
that expert of medicine could had been a former fortune teller in quiapo... :biglaugh: just by looking the patient at the comfort of his own tv, he already knows the symptoms.. now that must be something...(perhaps he could be on something) :biglaugh:



yet the neuro surgeon observation is more valid diagnosis of an early sign of PD than a CT scan he had after brutally KOd by JMM. Better do make research before making any joke.

_________________
The best thing about
the future is that it only
comes one day at a
time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:09 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2008 9:54 pm
Posts: 8669
Location: Manila City
mauragon wrote:
rustycooley66 wrote:
that expert of medicine could had been a former fortune teller in quiapo... :biglaugh: just by looking the patient at the comfort of his own tv, he already knows the symptoms.. now that must be something...(perhaps he could be on something) :biglaugh:



yet the neuro surgeon observation is more valid diagnosis of an early sign of PD than a CT scan he had after brutally KOd by JMM. Better do make research before making any joke.



would you mind to educate me about it? you seems to be knowledgeable... :biglaugh:


saw this one over the net.. I don't work under the banner of med.... does MP had this symptoms?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Signs_and_ ... 's_disease


Last edited by rustycooley66 on Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight

Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:53 am
Posts: 1187
rustycooley66 wrote:
mauragon wrote:
rustycooley66 wrote:
that expert of medicine could had been a former fortune teller in quiapo... :biglaugh: just by looking the patient at the comfort of his own tv, he already knows the symptoms.. now that must be something...(perhaps he could be on something) :biglaugh:



yet the neuro surgeon observation is more valid diagnosis of an early sign of PD than a CT scan he had after brutally KOd by JMM. Better do make research before making any joke.



would you mind to educate me about it? you seems to be knowledgeable... :biglaugh:


just google it bro. wiki has a broad explanation about PD.

_________________
The best thing about
the future is that it only
comes one day at a
time


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:19 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:38 am
Posts: 7095
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Yeah, right!

So I guess the best thing to do is for Pacquiao to continue fighting until there is "enough evidence" to suggest that he has Parkinson's.

Go on, Manny. Keep on fighting. "Not enough evidence" daw eh. We need to be sure that you actually have Parkinson's, with actual diagnosis, before you are allowed to retire. "To make people happy," like you always say.

_________________
ADVICE TO WANNABE WRITERS WHO ARE SENSITIVE TO WHATEVER SORT OF CRITICISM: JUST STOP WRITING.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:16 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:15 pm
Posts: 2177
Location: Lawigan
Gosh...drama! whewww...

_________________
"The best things in life are free!!!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:39 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 1:05 pm
Posts: 2145
for the first time i agree with the ts, his thread title and his opinion. but still its manny's decision.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:31 pm
Posts: 1431
Location: Tepoza, New Village, Cancaloo
that doctor is showing early signs of paranoia, just by simply watching pacquiao's recent interviews on TV and noticed some twitching movement, suddenly, he concluded pacquiao might be suffering from early symptoms of parkinson's disease..

did pacquiao really have recent TV interviews just like last week or a couple of days ago? as far as i know, Manny is in israel right now, having a vacation with his family.
I think those recent TV interviews, being pointed out by Dr. Jimenez, happened a few days after the fight. and that twitching movement he saw in pacquiao could just have been a voluntary movement...meaning intentional like he was just doing a wrist stretching exercise which is normal as he could still be suffering from joint pains during those times of TV interviews.
keep in mind, that doctor is also a human like us, although he is an expert, human tends to commit mistakes once in a while...

by the way, pacquiao has many advisers and he has his family around him, im sure they are all concerned for pacman's health and would welcome any positive measures and suggestions before considering if pacquiao could still fight on..at the end of the day, pacquiao and his family have the final say...i doubt aling dionisia.. :D

_________________
✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪
ιΘȘρίΘɴεરΘȘȘΘɴιΘȘρεરɖεɖΘરεȘ
✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪✪


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:46 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18861
Location: Paradise
ZERO evidence you mean.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group