Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:26 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:09 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 7570
Location: Here There & Everywhere
He will never be great. Coz aside from the PEDS suspicions, he'll be remembered as someone who knocked out his long time nemesis who is already afflicted with Parkinson's disease.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 1:25 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 9:38 am
Posts: 1774
Location: iN dA mIdDlE oF dA DeSeRt, WhErE yOu CaN fInD dA oAsIs!
Or maybe her wife might also consider that JMM have that kind of disease...

_________________
"FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY... STING LIKE A BEE..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:36 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:06 pm
Posts: 7570
Location: Here There & Everywhere
SPIDEYMAN wrote:
Or maybe her wife might also consider that JMM have that kind of disease...


Yeah. Parkinson's disease is very infectious. :biglaugh:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:55 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 08, 2004 9:38 am
Posts: 1774
Location: iN dA mIdDlE oF dA DeSeRt, WhErE yOu CaN fInD dA oAsIs!
10cc wrote:
SPIDEYMAN wrote:
Or maybe her wife might also consider that JMM have that kind of disease...


Yeah. Parkinson's disease is very infectious. :biglaugh:

:biglaugh:

_________________
"FLOAT LIKE A BUTTERFLY... STING LIKE A BEE..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:56 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 4:15 pm
Posts: 2177
Location: Lawigan
let him fight margarito.

_________________
"The best things in life are free!!!!!"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:09 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:17 pm
Posts: 1727
10cc wrote:
He will never be great. Coz aside from the PEDS suspicions, he'll be remembered as someone who knocked out his long time nemesis who is already afflicted with Parkinson's disease.



funny, bago mana k.o. ni jmm si manny walang issue about parkinson, nung ma k.o. issue na at questionable na pagka panalo? classic pactard ng tanga ampotek.

ped my ***, pero kung nanalo si manny wlang ped issue? tanga ng pagkatao o.

:lol:

_________________
if its too good to be true, its not.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:34 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 6:39 am
Posts: 2315
numero1 wrote:
10cc wrote:
He will never be great. Coz aside from the PEDS suspicions, he'll be remembered as someone who knocked out his long time nemesis who is already afflicted with Parkinson's disease.



funny, bago mana k.o. ni jmm si manny walang issue about parkinson, nung ma k.o. issue na at questionable na pagka panalo? classic pactard ng tanga ampotek.

ped my ***, pero kung nanalo si manny wlang ped issue? tanga ng pagkatao o.

:lol:



HAHAHA!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:56 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 3451
JMM has only won a few fights against ELITE...I said ELITE fighters.

He lost to Terry Norris, Lost to Chris John, loss to Mayweather, Pacquiao Twice.

The only ELITE fighters he has beaten was an OLD and FADED Marco Antonio Barerra and Pacquiao on Dec 8.

Juan Diaz and Kastidis were okay fighters but neither were ELITE...

Hence JMM probably doesn't even get a Hall of Fame vote.

Like Ken Norton to ALI, the only thing memorable about JMM is being able to compete with Pacquiao.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:07 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18870
Location: Paradise
HUNA wrote:
JMM has only won a few fights against ELITE...I said ELITE fighters.

He lost to Terry Norris, Lost to Chris John, loss to Mayweather, Pacquiao Twice.

The only ELITE fighters he has beaten was an OLD and FADED Marco Antonio Barerra and Pacquiao on Dec 8.

Juan Diaz and Kastidis were okay fighters but neither were ELITE...

Hence JMM probably doesn't even get a Hall of Fame vote.

Like Ken Norton to ALI, the only thing memorable about JMM is being able to compete with Pacquiao.

Terry Norris ? Freddie Norwood, you mean.
2 lineal belts and 4 division titles ? Hall of fame lock imo.
4 fights against Pac ? 3 close D's and one KO ?
He was the man who took Pac to the trenches when Pac was running over everyone.
At 126, he was so good Morales and Hamed wanted no part of him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:21 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:48 am
Posts: 3451
@ JoeyinCali

You're right it was Freddie Norwood.
And I did compare JMM to Norton, cause NORTON only real claim to FAME is beating ALI and according to NORTON,
ALI admitted to him that he (Norton) did beat him that third time. Without ALI, Norton would have been forgotten.
JMM's Fourth title is a little suspect as Manny's Title is with MAB in 2003.

Yes he was good at 126 and his RESUME would have looked better with Hamed and Morales on it during that time.

The fact is, that the quanity of quality opponents on JMM's Resume is not that impressive, except for the PAC fights.

Just like FLOYD, Awesome at 126 and 130 but his Resume above 130 is not impressive.
Not that his talent wasn't great. But his quanity of quality opponents above 130 prevents him from being the GOAT.

UNLIKE ALI, who took on EVERYONE and BEAT EVERYONE at one time during that GOLDEN ERA of Heavyweights...

But then again, that is what is WRONG with BOXING today, Not Everyone has to face EVERYONE, not even in
your own Weight class due to FOUR different BELTS in a SIngle Weight Class.

That's just my two centavos


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:04 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 306
HUNA wrote:
@ JoeyinCali

You're right it was Freddie Norwood.
And I did compare JMM to Norton, cause NORTON only real claim to FAME is beating ALI and according to NORTON,
ALI admitted to him that he (Norton) did beat him that third time. Without ALI, Norton would have been forgotten.
JMM's Fourth title is a little suspect as Manny's Title is with MAB in 2003.

Yes he was good at 126 and his RESUME would have looked better with Hamed and Morales on it during that time.

The fact is, that the quanity of quality opponents on JMM's Resume is not that impressive, except for the PAC fights.

Just like FLOYD, Awesome at 126 and 130 but his Resume above 130 is not impressive.
Not that his talent wasn't great. But his quanity of quality opponents above 130 prevents him from being the GOAT.

UNLIKE ALI, who took on EVERYONE and BEAT EVERYONE at one time during that GOLDEN ERA of Heavyweights...

But then again, that is what is WRONG with BOXING today, Not Everyone has to face EVERYONE, not even in
your own Weight class due to FOUR different BELTS in a SIngle Weight Class.

That's just my two centavos


Not exactly, it was his biggest claim to fame but that's not all he is. He's the man who took Holmes to hell and back before losing his title by a razor close decision. And if Ali was revered because he fought at such an era, Norton fought in the same era as well and had his fair share of wins over top contenders, so it's not all he is.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:25 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:21 pm
Posts: 2694
Location: HubbleSite
here's some simple equation...
but can make a big impact :)

*has JMM beaten a top 135 lb fighter? yes or no?
...who are they?

*has JMM beaten a top 140 lb fighter? yes or no?
...how many?

*has JMM beaten a top 147 lb fighter? yes or no?
...how many?

now, who has the better resume then?

_________________
"The primary factor in a successful attack is speed."
"The speed of the leader is the speed of the gang."
"A lie has speed, but truth has endurance."
"If one day speed kills me, don't cry, because I was smiling."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:54 pm 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:07 am
Posts: 306
Blazing Speed wrote:
here's some simple equation...
but can make a big impact :)

*has JMM beaten a top 135 lb fighter? yes or no?
...who are they?

*has JMM beaten a top 140 lb fighter? yes or no?
...how many?

*has JMM beaten a top 147 lb fighter? yes or no?
...how many?

now, who has the better resume then?


Yes, Casamayor.

No.

Yes, Pacquiao.

Still Pacquiao, but Marquez is an ATG in his own right.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:07 am 
Offline
Bantamweight

Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:05 am
Posts: 31
Location: Palm Jumierah Dubai, UAE
I think you are the only one question it....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18870
Location: Paradise
HUNA wrote:
@ JoeyinCali

You're right it was Freddie Norwood.
And I did compare JMM to Norton, cause NORTON only real claim to FAME is beating ALI and according to NORTON,
ALI admitted to him that he (Norton) did beat him that third time. Without ALI, Norton would have been forgotten.
JMM's Fourth title is a little suspect as Manny's Title is with MAB in 2003.

Yes he was good at 126 and his RESUME would have looked better with Hamed and Morales on it during that time.

The fact is, that the quanity of quality opponents on JMM's Resume is not that impressive, except for the PAC fights.

Just like FLOYD, Awesome at 126 and 130 but his Resume above 130 is not impressive.
Not that his talent wasn't great. But his quanity of quality opponents above 130 prevents him from being the GOAT.

UNLIKE ALI, who took on EVERYONE and BEAT EVERYONE at one time during that GOLDEN ERA of Heavyweights...

But then again, that is what is WRONG with BOXING today, Not Everyone has to face EVERYONE, not even in
your own Weight class due to FOUR different BELTS in a SIngle Weight Class.

That's just my two centavos

HUNA, Norton did not win ONE TITLE fight. He won an eliminator against Bobbick iirc but the man did not win belts. He was handed a We Be Corrupt belt b/c Spinks chose to rematch with Ali than fight him.
JMM has 4 division belts. Something even JCC couldn't do.
JMM did knock out Diaz and Casamayor on his third division. Still a great achievement.

Hamed was a punk. His management wanted fight options on Espinoza and JMM if they wanted a shot at him. Hamed feasted on bloated ex-champs until HBO finally told him to fight a Mexican champ. MAB signed a rematch clause in order to get a shot at him. Hamhead did not exercise his rematch clause b/c he was a punk.
Morales's father claimed they offered Nacho a huge fight deal. But, Nacho said they never saw that and that Arum wanted no part of EM-JMM.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group