Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:28 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 12:33 am 
Strawweight

I always hear about people saying that mayweather handpicks b rated fighters for him to win fights.
I'm sure most of you here know that he has 5 more fights left.
If you were given the opportunity to choose quality opponents for him, whom will you choose?
Mine in order is martinez, canelo, Garcia, broner, and pacquiao last. If he gets past four of these guys he will be the greatest I think.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 2:01 am 
Middleweight

i think the best fighter he will face is Canelo

besides him, it will be a bunch of lesser Golden Boy fighters just to fulfill his contractual obligations; Its unrealistic for him to fight Martinez because the risk is too great aside from the weight difference. Broner? No point schooling a young kid. Whats there to prove? Pacquiao fight will never happen unless Manny accepts another "40 million dollar flat fee offer"

if he retires undefeated after all is said and done, he already cement his legacy as an ATG

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:00 am 
Light Heavyweight

lara, matirosyan, trout....BOXERS not brawlers and swarmers and toe2toe fighters.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:38 pm 
Flyweight

Quote:
i think the best fighter he will face is Canelo

besides him, it will be a bunch of lesser Golden Boy fighters just to fulfill his contractual obligations; Its unrealistic for him to fight Martinez because the risk is too great aside from the weight difference. Broner? No point schooling a young kid. Whats there to prove? Pacquiao fight will never happen unless Manny accepts another "40 million dollar flat fee offer"

if he retires undefeated after all is said and done, he already cement his legacy as an ATG

Undefeated!!.Yes, but I think not a good fighter. He is so coward to not fight with Manny. He is just using money issues rather than fighting money.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:30 pm 
Middleweight

jomregz wrote:
I always hear about people saying that mayweather handpicks b rated fighters for him to win fights.
I'm sure most of you here know that he has 5 more fights left.
If you were given the opportunity to choose quality opponents for him, whom will you choose?
Mine in order is martinez, canelo, Garcia, broner, and pacquiao last. If he gets past four of these guys he will be the greatest I think.

he would sieze up his foe first if he can out box and if not out run them or him before he got into a fight.....that's jmm style....he woukd not fight pac unless pac his old and done...or i could say...he wont fight pac for he likes pac that much...remember that pac vs morales 2....he is on pac side enthusiastically.....he earned probably much betting on manny on that fight

Last edited by lawa_lang.. on Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:37 pm 
Heavyweight

they can have 5 fights together with canelo.....

Never argue with stup1d people here with lots of usernames mga iyaking "bob team members" mga yan. This is their Job, this is their turf and they will drag you down to their level of stup1dity just to instigate and increase responses.