Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:01 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm
Posts: 198
For typical fans like me who watched Floyd vs Guerrero...that fight was a snoozefest. It is the kind of boxing that turns off the fans from loving this sport. But for the so called purist they called that fight as an art..

To hell with boxing as an art...

If Floyd and Rigondeux continues to embrace this kind of tactic of not engaging then....

BOXING IS GETTING NEARER TO IT'S GRAVE


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:44 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 10, 2005 10:56 am
Posts: 18567
Location: Paradise
Closer , not nearer.
Another disgruntled Pacnuthugger bc Pac lost and Floidy won
.
Boxing is not any worse now than three nights ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:54 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:17 am
Posts: 11359
Location: Land of the Free, Home of the SPURS!!!!!
The sport is called "boxing" not "brawling".

_________________
They don't even know what it is to be a fan..to truely love some silly little piece of music so much that it hurts....Groupies sleep with rockstars to be around famous people. - Almost Famous


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:57 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:40 pm
Posts: 678
Please revive this thread when the top 2 highest paid athletes were no longer boxers. For now, just carry on ******* pac's nuts.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:00 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:37 am
Posts: 4915
Location: pitong bundok
That's why there is the MMA niche. Nothing wrong with switching over if
you want more adrenaline rush.

As for boxing in its last gasp, it's simply whittling off those that are not
boxing enthusiasts in the first place.


MANG_RESTY wrote:
For typical fans like me who watched Floyd vs Guerrero...that fight was a snoozefest. It is the kind of boxing that turns off the fans from loving this sport. But for the so called purist they called that fight as an art..

To hell with boxing as an art...

If Floyd and Rigondeux continues to embrace this kind of tactic of not engaging then....

BOXING IS GETTING NEARER TO IT'S GRAVE

_________________
"In individuals, insanity is rare; but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule." -- Friedrich Nietzsche


Last edited by ako_barok on Mon May 06, 2013 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:02 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:40 pm
Posts: 678
Erap wrote:
The sport is called "boxing" not "brawling".

Even our great pacquiao said that 'boxing is not about killing each other'. Boxing is indeed an ART and a SWEET SCIENCE. and floyd displays it very well :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:10 am 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:53 pm
Posts: 1406
sorry, mayweather, rigondeaux, bradley, fighters that you perceive as "boring" don't care what the fans think.

you want real action that would satisfy your hunger for blood and guts, provoke a fight in depressed areas.....kidding. just wait for lopez-maidana fight. that for sure is a slugfest.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm
Posts: 198
fatbro017 wrote:
sorry, mayweather, rigondeaux, bradley, fighters that you perceive as "boring" don't care what the fans think.

you want real action that would satisfy your hunger for blood and guts, provoke a fight in depressed areas.....kidding. just wait for lopez-maidana fight. that for sure is a slugfest.


precisely....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm
Posts: 198
FearNoEvil wrote:
Erap wrote:
The sport is called "boxing" not "brawling".

Even our great pacquiao said that 'boxing is not about killing each other'. Boxing is indeed an ART and a SWEET SCIENCE. and floyd displays it very well :wink:


I will not pretend that I like boxers who do not engage.....
and I'm sure a lot of us shared my sentiments of disappointment of witnessing a boring fight...

but for those pretending...

they would say that fight was an art

tsk tsk


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:21 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm
Posts: 198
FearNoEvil wrote:
Erap wrote:
The sport is called "boxing" not "brawling".

Even our great pacquiao said that 'boxing is not about killing each other'. Boxing is indeed an ART and a SWEET SCIENCE. and floyd displays it very well :wink:


If that is an art then i would admit that..
I didn't appreciated it


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:25 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm
Posts: 198
ako_barok wrote:
That's why there is the MMA niche. Nothing wrong with switching over if
you want more adrenaline rush.

As for boxing in its last gasp, it's simply whittling off those that are not
boxing enthusiasts in the first place.


MANG_RESTY wrote:
For typical fans like me who watched Floyd vs Guerrero...that fight was a snoozefest. It is the kind of boxing that turns off the fans from loving this sport. But for the so called purist they called that fight as an art..

To hell with boxing as an art...

If Floyd and Rigondeux continues to embrace this kind of tactic of not engaging then....

BOXING IS GETTING NEARER TO IT'S GRAVE

I like boxing but not that kind of fight that Floyd and guerrero displayed
it is clear from the early goings that they have no intention of really engaging...

they finished the rounds just for the sake of finishing the bout

no desire....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:26 am 
Offline
Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:25 pm
Posts: 11765
too much LOW RISK... HIGH REWARD....


let them fight at HIGH RISK... HIGH REWARD!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 am 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:40 pm
Posts: 678
MANG_RESTY wrote:

I will not pretend that I like boxers who do not engage.....
and I'm sure a lot of us shared my sentiments of disappointment of witnessing a boring fight...

but for those pretending...

they would say that fight was an art

tsk tsk


I dont know if we are watching the same mayweather guy, but as far as stats shows he is always landing more punches than his opponents. If he is not engaging, then how the hell he's able to connect those punches? :roll:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:31 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm
Posts: 198
bugoyparin wrote:
too much LOW RISK... HIGH REWARD....


let them fight at HIGH RISK... HIGH REWARD!


That is Cherry Picking in it's highest level


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 11:34 am 
Offline
Lightweight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:17 pm
Posts: 198
FearNoEvil wrote:
MANG_RESTY wrote:

I will not pretend that I like boxers who do not engage.....
and I'm sure a lot of us shared my sentiments of disappointment of witnessing a boring fight...

but for those pretending...

they would say that fight was an art

tsk tsk


I dont know if we are watching the same mayweather guy, but as far as stats shows he is always landing more punches than his opponents. If he is not engaging, then how the hell he's able to connect those punches? :roll:

Yes ..he is landing more punches than his opponents because Guerrero is slow


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group