Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 4:13 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 63  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:00 pm 
Offline
Middleweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:31 pm
Posts: 946
Blitzky22 wrote:
caviteboy72 wrote:
Blitzky22 wrote:
No, you're just too naïve or a complete id!ot.
No speculation, talk about science, there is a reason there aren't many 39 year old elite boxers, especially in the lower weight divisions. In this case, not only is he elite mentally, but elite physically. When you turn 39, come back and tell me, if all of this is obtainable.... without roids.

In these times, no excuse not to do the VADA tests!
(what is he doing?)


Science? What do you know about it? Have you actually studied human physiology or nutrition to be able to arrive in your conclusion? Or maybe you have just read somewhere from the net about the whole brouhaha and then you make the whole story as your own? Bro, in order for you to be telling such statement, you gotta have solid proof cause until now as far as JMM there is no concrete proof of ped use that he actually used one....JMM is an elite boxer, well disciplined and focused mentally...He was hell bent mentally on beating pac and that mental focus played the key role...Ped use or not is out of the question cause he was tested negative, and that is a fact....Your speculation will not hold water unless you actually witnessed JMM using ped....Well if you don't have any evidence at this point, consider yourself "naive" in the real world of the elite world class boxers such as JMM....case closed...


Yeah, you better case closed it, I won't buy whatever sh!ts you are selling to me.


http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/u ... -over-peds


The UFC light-heavyweight contender never directly accused Marquez of taking a performance-enhancing drug, but he cast suspicion on the fighter given a "visual test."

"The guy's got a six-pack that he never had before," Sonnen said on Showtime's "Jim Rome: Live." "There are two tests that you have. You've got the pee test, but you've also got the visual test.

"When you take your robe off and you get in the ring, that's the first test. And to act as though all of us didn't go, 'Something's going on, there.'"

As backup, Sonnen, who's skills as a raconteur have won him a commentating job with FUEL TV, cited Roach's comment to USA TODAY Sports in which he said if Marquez was clean, he would "kiss his ***."

"Did he take something? Sure, he did," Sonnen said. "Did he take something illegal? Well, according to the (drug) test, no."

damn!!! chael sonen is so right about PEDinamita Marquez "miraculously went through puberty a second time" before the fight.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:13 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 594
As far as I see it, it's pac who's being doubted right now if he can still pull the trigger or not sans the VADA which is really not necessary...The boxers who really insist on VADA are those in doubt about their boxing skills and it is just a psychological type of warfare against your opponent to impose some kind of a childish whim...At any rate, peds will not make you a better boxer cause skills are learned in the gym and if you think peds will guarantee a win, think again...Eric Morales was caught with peds and he still lost the fight...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:18 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 594
Quote:
http://www.mmajunkie.com/news/2012/12/u ... -over-peds


The UFC light-heavyweight contender never directly accused Marquez of taking a performance-enhancing drug, but he cast suspicion on the fighter given a "visual test."

"The guy's got a six-pack that he never had before," Sonnen said on Showtime's "Jim Rome: Live." "There are two tests that you have. You've got the pee test, but you've also got the visual test.

"When you take your robe off and you get in the ring, that's the first test. And to act as though all of us didn't go, 'Something's going on, there.'"

As backup, Sonnen, who's skills as a raconteur have won him a commentating job with FUEL TV, cited Roach's comment to USA TODAY Sports in which he said if Marquez was clean, he would "kiss his ***."

"Did he take something? Sure, he did," Sonnen said. "Did he take something illegal? Well, according to the (drug) test, no."

damn!!! chael sonen is so right about PEDinamita Marquez "miraculously went through puberty a second time" before the fight.


You believe this Sonnen guy? LOL, he was also accused of using peds or have actually used one....This guy is a joke....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:46 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:22 pm
Posts: 1204
caviteboy72 wrote:
The boxers who really insist on VADA are those in doubt about their boxing skills and it is just a psychological type of warfare against your opponent to impose some kind of a childish whim...


oh, so you mean Floyd? yeah, you're absolutely correct. He did insist to have VADA/USADA testing. It's nothing more than a psychological type of warfare against Pac. It's nothing more than a childish whim on floyd's part, isn't it? :)

the funny thing is, Pac agreed to everything. but floyd could always come up with a new demand. last time I heard, he was asking to wear manny's trunks to make the fight happen :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:16 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 594
Reyes wrote:
caviteboy72 wrote:
The boxers who really insist on VADA are those in doubt about their boxing skills and it is just a psychological type of warfare against your opponent to impose some kind of a childish whim...


oh, so you mean Floyd? yeah, you're absolutely correct. He did insist to have VADA/USADA testing. It's nothing more than a psychological type of warfare against Pac. It's nothing more than a childish whim on floyd's part, isn't it? :)

the funny thing is, Pac agreed to everything. but floyd could always come up with a new demand. last time I heard, he was asking to wear manny's trunks to make the fight happen :)


This VADA and the rest of the drug testing organizations are like bottled water that you can buy in a store....There are many brands, different mineral content and prices but in the end, the primary purpose is just to quench your body of thirst....You can go for the highest priced but all of the water for sale taste the same----it's tasteless....Well some would argue that some type of water taste sweet and others bland but all of these are just in the perception of the drinker.....Those who fall for the VADA brouhaha are just trendsetters in my own opinion cause they just want to make some kind of an impact to the boxing audience about the whole peds thing which in fact does not really make you a better boxer...Peds may make you a little stronger but that's about it..All boxers can have that strength as long as they train properly, eat the right kind of food and have the proper body rest..

If I was a boxer, I would tell my opponent to use PEDS as long as he wants cause by then, should I beat my opponent with my skills, then the whole PEDS myth will be featured in the MYTHSBUSTER as BUSTED!!!! LOL nuff said.....


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 4:25 pm 
Offline
Light Heavyweight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 7:22 pm
Posts: 1204
caviteboy72 wrote:
Reyes wrote:
caviteboy72 wrote:
The boxers who really insist on VADA are those in doubt about their boxing skills and it is just a psychological type of warfare against your opponent to impose some kind of a childish whim...


oh, so you mean Floyd? yeah, you're absolutely correct. He did insist to have VADA/USADA testing. It's nothing more than a psychological type of warfare against Pac. It's nothing more than a childish whim on floyd's part, isn't it? :)

the funny thing is, Pac agreed to everything. but floyd could always come up with a new demand. last time I heard, he was asking to wear manny's trunks to make the fight happen :)


This VADA and the rest of the drug testing organizations are like bottled water that you can buy in a store....There are many brands, different mineral content and prices but in the end, the primary purpose is just to quench your body of thirst....You can go for the highest priced but all of the water for sale taste the same----it's tasteless....Well some would argue that some type of water taste sweet and others bland but all of these are just in the perception of the drinker.....Those who fall for the VADA brouhaha are just trendsetters in my own opinion cause they just want to make some kind of an impact to the boxing audience about the whole peds thing which in fact does not really make you a better boxer...Peds may make you a little stronger but that's about it..All boxers can have that strength as long as they train properly, eat the right kind of food and have the proper body rest..

If I was a boxer, I would tell my opponent to use PEDS as long as he wants cause by then, should I beat my opponent with my skills, then the whole PEDS myth will be featured in the MYTHSBUSTER as BUSTED!!!! LOL nuff said.....


so are we in agreement that floyd's demands for VADA "brouhaha" testing are nothing but a cowardly act to get away from a pacquiao fight?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: Makati City
against the grain wrote:
LOL.............

i would "conclude" that both OJ and Armstrong are GUILTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY??????????????
because OJ left FACTUAL (NOT ASSUMED) evidence (blood, bloody fingerprints, etc.) at the crime scene that pointed to his guilt......... and armstrong admitted to his guilt, period............. LOL.....

what FACTUAL evidence do you have on marquez's guilt??????????? LOL.............
NONE................ LOL.........
the NSAC PROVED the opposite... that he was peds FREE............ LOL.... (thank pacquiao for NO further testing)................. LOL..........

marquez's guilt by "association" FAILS MISERABLY world wide, except here............... LOL......

like you say:
you gotta make up your own mind based on the FACTS.......... LOL.....


Speaking of the latest FACTS.
Two factual and simple questions:
1) Why Juan Manuel Marquez cannot dump Angel Memo Heredia?
2) Why Marquez suddenly gets hesitant to the agreed and signed VADA/USADA testings?

Current Bradley-Marquez brouhaha is a very serious issue.
It all has to do with VADA/USADA testing, that they are all agreed and signed.
Again, why oh why tell me why Marquez adamantly refusing the testing?

_________________
"I've always had a fascination with the bizarre,
the surreal, the Grand Guignol, the grotesque.
I've always liked imperfections. I never really
wanted to sell perfection."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:28 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: Makati City
Experia wrote:
take the vada test..fight all top caliber fighter except pacquiao because pacquiao doesnt deserve the 5th fight.he can prove to people that his win againt pacquiao is no fluke by fighting and beating top fighter.... of course no matter what you do..the pactards will never ever gonna believe in JMM..


You are right.
Marquez can prove to people that his win against Pac is no fluke by fighting and beating top fighter... Who are they?
I'm sure he won't beat the likes of bigger fighters whom Pac was decisively beat up.

_________________
"I've always had a fascination with the bizarre,
the surreal, the Grand Guignol, the grotesque.
I've always liked imperfections. I never really
wanted to sell perfection."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:40 pm 
Offline
Middleweight

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:17 pm
Posts: 594
Pac was beaten by JMM because of sills, hardwork and right timing not because of peds...Jeez why do you have to make excuse about everything...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:48 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: Makati City
caviteboy72 wrote:
Pac was beaten by JMM because of sills, hardwork and right timing not because of peds...Jeez why do you have to make excuse about everything...


are you a caveman?

_________________
"I've always had a fascination with the bizarre,
the surreal, the Grand Guignol, the grotesque.
I've always liked imperfections. I never really
wanted to sell perfection."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:22 pm 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: Makati City
Marquez is now 40.... he's not that competitive to younger guns without peds imo.
So JMM d'riders, please just limit the bullshits... ok?

_________________
"I've always had a fascination with the bizarre,
the surreal, the Grand Guignol, the grotesque.
I've always liked imperfections. I never really
wanted to sell perfection."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:18 pm 
Offline
Heavyweight

Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:03 pm
Posts: 6419
BlackEagle wrote:
Marquez is now 40.... he's not that competitive to younger guns without peds imo.
So JMM d'riders, please just limit the bullshits... ok?


And so is Hopkins plus 8 years in fact. Boxers with better fundamentals like B-Hop, Toney, and Mayweather, don't deteriorate as rapidly as those who are reliant mostly on their athletic abilities like Roy Jones, Jr. and even Pacquiao for that matter. These guys lose speed, are a half step slower but they can still rely on sound technique and good fundamentals. What then happens to the latter fighters who rely mostly on their natural gifts which erode over time?
People make a lot of noise about the fact that Pacquiao has been hit with the same right hand over and over again by Marquez with less effect , but has he been hit under similar circumstances, I highly doubt it. Any fighter who gets hit with a similar punch, leaps and meets the punch headlong, and most IMPORTANTLY doesn't see it coming, will probably encounter the same fate. I've repeated it quite a number of times, - who would have thought that a seemingly lazy punch from Nedal Hussein would put Manny in queer street, in truth the ref might have saved Manny from a knockout loss. Or that a foul punch by Barrera after the break, in their second fight, would cause such hurt that the ref allowed Pacquiao some time to recuperate. When you don't see a punch coming and don't instinctively brace yourself from the impact, that's when a fighter is most vulnerable. Mayweather hit Ortiz with a cheap shot, although the ref ruled it a legitimate blow, and it ended the bout.
Let's also take into consideration Pacquiao's style which might have lowered his punch resistance as he gets older.
Inviting someone like Cotto , or Clottey or even Margarito to take a shot at you when you don't have to take one is not the best way to preserve your shelf life as a fighter.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:47 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:01 pm
Posts: 370
against the grain wrote:
What a joke of a thread…………. LOL….

The so-called “doubt” is just about ONLY here in this website…………….. LOL….

It’s a GREAT “W” for marquez everywhere else…………….. LOL….

The rest of the world LAUGH at pactards and those that can NOT move on………. LOL….
And threads like this and posters that show that they can NOT move on are LAUGHED at……………… LOL….

THAT’S what makes this a joke……………. LOL………


Di ko lang matiis to.

Next time visit other sites. It will help you improve your knowledge.
CNN, ESPN and Yahoo after MP-JMM 4 had published articles that has put doubts in the mind of the readers. Go on and research.

JMM has been doubted because of his association with a known DOPE DEALER.

Let me ask your intelligent logic, if you were JMM, will you hire a known DOPER?
JMM chose his path and he has to face the consequences of such stupid decision.

_________________
I'm the #1 fan!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:42 am 
Offline
Cruiserweight
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:53 pm
Posts: 2319
Location: Makati City
BlackEagle wrote:
Marquez is now 40.... he's not that competitive to younger guns without peds imo.
So JMM d'riders, please just limit the bullshits... ok?


Emmanuel53 wrote:
And so is Hopkins plus 8 years in fact. Boxers with better fundamentals like B-Hop, Toney, and Mayweather, don't deteriorate as rapidly as those who are reliant mostly on their athletic abilities like Roy Jones, Jr. and even Pacquiao for that matter. These guys lose speed, are a half step slower but they can still rely on sound technique and good fundamentals. What then happens to the latter fighters who rely mostly on their natural gifts which erode over time?
People make a lot of noise about the fact that Pacquiao has been hit with the same right hand over and over again by Marquez with less effect , but has he been hit under similar circumstances, I highly doubt it. Any fighter who gets hit with a similar punch, leaps and meets the punch headlong, and most IMPORTANTLY doesn't see it coming, will probably encounter the same fate. I've repeated it quite a number of times, - who would have thought that a seemingly lazy punch from Nedal Hussein would put Manny in queer street, in truth the ref might have saved Manny from a knockout loss. Or that a foul punch by Barrera after the break, in their second fight, would cause such hurt that the ref allowed Pacquiao some time to recuperate. When you don't see a punch coming and don't instinctively brace yourself from the impact, that's when a fighter is most vulnerable. Mayweather hit Ortiz with a cheap shot, although the ref ruled it a legitimate blow, and it ended the bout.
Let's also take into consideration Pacquiao's style which might have lowered his punch resistance as he gets older.
Inviting someone like Cotto , or Clottey or even Margarito to take a shot at you when you don't have to take one is not the best way to preserve your shelf life as a fighter.


Hi!
First off, I'd like to welcome you back bro Emmanuel53.
It's nice of you to be back at our regular programming, we missed your inputs in real boxing's thread.
Alright, appreciates your long post to date.
Actually my point here is about JMM's amazing power at age 39, it's a bit quite a mystery to me because before he ktfo Pac, he got 1/7 kO ratio, and the one he got ko'd was a true/certified bum, I guess you know him and you know what I mean, it took him 42 rounds before finally beat Pac, it is what it is. Now let's proceed to Hopkins, if you check his last KO win in the record, his last KO win fight was to Dela Hoya (2004), what's the difference between the two?
What I want to imply here is as they get older their strength is no longer the same (graph and history will tell), perhaps you can retain your stamina and skills... and getting charged up about exceptional power in exceptionally aged fighter like Jmm creates skeptics... because he got that magical pop for having a magician life coach that did wonder in him... like it or not.
And I hope his power remains the same when fights Bradley.

_________________
"I've always had a fascination with the bizarre,
the surreal, the Grand Guignol, the grotesque.
I've always liked imperfections. I never really
wanted to sell perfection."


Last edited by BlackEagle on Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 am 
Offline
Welterweight
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:57 am
Posts: 200
Location: Palo Alto, CA
Kenny Bayless should've continued to count when Pacquiao slipped, fell face down and unconscious in the 6th round...

then allowed to fight on after waking up from a deep sleep. Kenny don't know siht about boxing.

_________________
"Best solution is to meet up and bring da cash. I can raise 12K if he wants to meet up in Socal, Las Vegas or NoCal." - JoeyInCali
Logic of a retard. Meet up in SoCal, NoCal or Vegas to bet on a fight held in China.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 936 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 63  Next

All times are UTC + 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

philboxing.com | pinoygreats.com
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group