Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:30 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:39 am 
Heavyweight

Filipino writer was whining about unfair referee. Why in the hell this one is tolerated in Philippine media! To some people who did not bother to watch the replay, you will really be convinced that there was a premature judgement based on what the writer describes but after seeing the vid, it was the fault of the "da poor dong" este dapudong, almost all boxers really knods if the referee will ask them, I have seen it many times but his action going sideways speaks otherwise.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 am 
Cruiserweight

In Mexico, a nod means no mas :biglaugh:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:57 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Fists_of_Fury wrote:
In Mexico, a nod means no mas :biglaugh:

:shock: oh! really?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Pac-me wrote:
is this the same marquez that donaire toyed with? deym dapudong is a bum..joke!

yes. donaire TKO'd marquez at round 8 i believe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:12 pm 
Light Heavyweight

[quote="Pac-me"]is this the same marquez that donaire toyed with? deym dapudong is a bum..joke![/quote

Yes he is, Marquez two losses were from our pinoy boxers -- Ritchie & Nonito Jr.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:14 pm 
Light Heavyweight

One thing I noticed from the vid is while the ref is counting, Dapudong look upward to the sky?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:22 pm 
Light Heavyweight

The stoppage was correct. You can't just walk away from the referee. I would stop the fight myself if I was refereeing the fight. One big problem for Filipinos fighting abroad is cheating. I really believe whenever we send our kids to fight abroad, they are up against fighters with heavily loaded gloves. How many people are paid by the promoters to accompany their fighters. One or two? This won't be enough number of people to watch how their opponents are putting on their tapes. While their opponents have all the manpower to see that this is not done on the Filipino side. Those Mexican fighters hit too hard. Way too hard. It is actually really easy to cheat when taping the boxers. Too easy that it would take only a few seconds to do it. You don't even need to use cement. But cement would be an ultimate weapon. I thought Barrera was caught by the Pacquiao team of overdoing his wraps before their fight. It was only because the Pacquiao team always have enough people to cover everything. And Margarito, well, everybody knows about it. This is a common complain of Filipino fighters going abroad. Their opponents' punches has got to have something with them. Most of our boys who go abroad sparred with fighters maybe twenty pounds heavier than them. Heavier punches won't surprise them. But whenever they fight abroad something is suspicious. Those Mexicans hit too hard whenever fighting in Mexico. I don't believe our fighters are bums, just as many people here would love to call them whenever they lose. But this is probably the nasty truth. They are being cheated not only via the judges but the way their opponents' are taped.
It is so easy to cheat with the hand wraps. You can actually create some sort of a brick with those wraps by manipulating some soaked tapes, tightening and twisting them like you are making a rope and lapping it over the knuckles several times. Then you put the wraps around it to disguise it. If someone comes to check it, the knuckle area will feel soft while the hands are stretched open. But once the hands are clenched into fists, those wraps manipulated to act like ropes will protrude and harden as it the wraps will conform will the contours of the knuckles. Don't ever try this. This is only for educational purposes. You can actually cause serious injuries.

Last edited by junpals1 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:29 pm 
Heavyweight

Frighty wrote:
Pac-me wrote:

he marked up Donaire's face too. Marquez is not a push over and that's how you can tell how good really Donaire is. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjECYf2XnRU&feature=related

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:18 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Dapudong was outclassed no doubt about it. But the decision of the referee will cast doubts. What is his notion when Dapudong raise his hands, Common sense, it is an automatic gesture of GO or OKEY unless Kaiz is a bum. :lol: ... The Ref must knew that Dapudong has no difficulty in standing when he was knockdown. Compare it to Montiel vs Donaire fight...Montiel did not raise his hand when he finally stand, it was the ref who got his hand and yet, the referee continued the fight. Is he a mexican ref?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:23 pm 
Heavyweight

The Referee is right because he knew it was mismatch, no interest to continue for Dapudong :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:50 pm 
Light Heavyweight

i heard that the ref was speaking to Edrin in spanish.
maybe he asked Edrin "do you want to give up now?" in spanish, and Edrin nodded.. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:19 pm 
Light Heavyweight

Frighty wrote:
i heard that the ref was speaking to Edrin in spanish.
maybe he asked Edrin "do you want to give up now?" in spanish, and Edrin nodded.. :lol:

:lol: lesson learned, don't answer the question if it is in Spanish... :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 pm 
Welterweight

if the ref didnt stop that fight i'm sure dapudong has no chance of winning and it was only the end of his career. we can't deny that dapudong is not yet ready for a championship fight.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:57 pm 
Middleweight

The referee asked Dapudong "Do you want to go to bed now?"

Dapudong: "Yes!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:24 pm 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
Frighty wrote:
Pac-me wrote:

he marked up Donaire's face too. Marquez is not a push over and that's how you can tell how good really Donaire is. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjECYf2XnRU&feature=related

This vid clearly shows that Marquez has a good chin. He survived 8 rounds with a heavy puncher. It clearly shows that Dapudong will never have a chance to beat him even if he survived that round.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next