Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:59 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:25 pm 
Hernan Marquez defended the WBA Flyweight title with a third round stoppage over Edrin Dapudong in Hermosillo, Mexico.

click for more

http://www.15rounds.com/marquez-dumps-d ... -in-three/

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:39 pm 
Heavyweight

damuhong dapulong 'to gumulong! ( trans: he was Ko'ed ).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:07 pm 
Light Heavyweight

1 hit wonder.. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:50 pm 
Heavyweight

mexicans are getting used to giving a very short notice when they want to fight filipino boxers. that's some kinda unfair. they're making sure that they have the edge when fight time comes because the pinoy boxer would surely come unprepared both physically and mentally. the mexicans are afraid that when pinoy boxers are given ample time of preparations, pinoys could give them hell.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:03 am 
Cruiserweight

before I watched how Marquez KOed Dapudong, I thought he (Marquez) was as harmless as he seemed when he fought Donaire Jr. :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:09 am 
Cruiserweight

dominic wrote:
mexicans are getting used to giving a very short notice when they want to fight filipino boxers. that's some kinda unfair. they're making sure that they have the edge when fight time comes because the pinoy boxer would surely come unprepared both physically and mentally. the mexicans are afraid that when pinoy boxers are given ample time of preparations, pinoys could give them hell.

care to prove your racist claims?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:05 am 
Heavyweight

dominic wrote:

i disagree. If these pinoys are even that good, short notice fights shouldnt be a problem

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 am 
Heavyweight

Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
dominic wrote:

why offer the fight on short notice?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:18 am 
Cruiserweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
dominic wrote:

why take it if you know you don't have enough time to prepare for the fight? after all... they only OFFERED the fight... :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:30 am 
Heavyweight

TheSubversive wrote:
dominic wrote:

i disagree. If these pinoys are even that good, short notice fights shouldnt be a problem

I agree with subversive, this is not all about the short notice. There were several articles from Philboxing that informed us that Dapudong was on his great shape and is prepared for the fight.

By the way, Manny was only given 2 weeks notice before the Ledwaba fight and he won.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:59 am 
Cruiserweight

redhorse wrote:
TheSubversive wrote:
dominic wrote:

I agree with subversive, this is not all about the short notice. There were several articles from Philboxing that informed us that Dapudong was on his great shape and is prepared for the fight.

By the way, Manny was only given 2 weeks notice before the Ledwaba fight and he won.

I totally agree with you bro. No excuses please, If you're an excellent fighter whether you're well prepared or not you can still show an excellent strategy to beat the opponent. A wise fighter knows the when, what and how he could win by exploiting opponent's advantages.
Manny is still the one of a kind fighter.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am 
Heavyweight

Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:

why take it if you know you don't have enough time to prepare for the fight? after all... they only OFFERED the fight... :)

Dapudong fought less than a month ago and ko'd his opponent. It was a poor management decision that is so hasty to cash in at the expense of a young inexperienced fighter. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 am 
Heavyweight

the marquez camp had alrteady sized up the capability of edrin because they've seen him fight right there in mexico, and were sure that their boy marquez won't be fighting a "pacquiao".

yes, i believe marquez is a good fighter, but winning against a fighter who was given only a two weeks notice of preparations isn't a good win. it's a win that even the winner himself couldn't be proud of.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:06 pm 
Cruiserweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:

Dapudong fought less than a month ago and ko'd his opponent. It was a poor management decision that is so hasty to cash in at the expense of a young inexperienced fighter. :(

I never saw the contract, but I would bet that Dapudong himself signed it as well. So please, let's not blame the Mexicans. Or better yet, let's not blame anyone, and give credit where it's due. Dapudong and his team definitely knew what they agreed on. It wasn't like the Mexicans tricked them into signing that contract...

:)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:34 pm 
Heavyweight

Uchiha_Nivri wrote:
jasperjack1968 wrote:
Uchiha_Nivri wrote:

I never saw the contract, but I would bet that Dapudong himself signed it as well. So please, let's not blame the Mexicans. Or better yet, let's not blame anyone, and give credit where it's due. Dapudong and his team definitely knew what they agreed on. It wasn't like the Mexicans tricked them into signing that contract...

:)

I was just asking a question bro. I wasn't blaming. :D
Dapudong was rank #13 by the WBA. 12 ranks are being bypassed. I can understand others may already have commitments. but to go stright to rank #13? no wonder we get crappy fights nowadays.