Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:53 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:09 am 
Cruiserweight

Dapudong still needs more development. He should concentrate more on defense and durability by running more to the high mountains. He should also try pain tolerance to enhance his capability to endure body shots.
magboboksing ka rin lang gawin na ang lahat para sa tiyak na tagumpay lalo pa at may potential naman for more improvements.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:10 am 
Heavyweight

el critico wrote:
freewheeze wrote:
el critico wrote:
what rematch? people would rather pay to watch dapudong sell noodles :biglaugh:

what ever happened to suman? :lol: :lol:

if the noodles proves to be a failure, he can always shift to suman :biglaugh:

as always,,, excellent punch line EC :lol: :lol: :lol:

::: LAKERS LOYALIST #24 ::: ::::: WAGONERSSS S@CK :::::

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:26 am 
Light Heavyweight

Quote:
Personally, I feel that the stoppage was uncalled for since Dapudong was not badly hurt. He got up right away and raised his gloves to his chest and nodded his head when Caiz asked him whether he wanted to continue fighting.

The argument here is not whether Dapudong would have won that fight or not. Marquez could have knocked him out in the later rounds, who knows. But it is also possible that Dapudong could have withstood the onslaught and score an upset.

The debate is whether the stoppage after a flush knockdown was warranted.

I thought Dapudong was too eager and fought the wrong strategy. Being taller and has the longer reach, he should not have attacked all the time. I agree that he was not badly hurt but this is certainly not a flash knockdown. He got caught while throwing the left hook which groggied him and thats when marquez swarmed on him landing head and body shots before connecting on the left hand that floored him. But all in all, Dapudong has his moments, especially when he was forcing Marquez on the ropes, i thought Dapudong would drop a big right hand.

Rematch? Yes here in the Philippines.

Last edited by death_stinger on Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:33 am 
Heavyweight

that would be Marquez' call. Dapudong just have to fall back in line again. :(

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:40 am 
Heavyweight

jasperjack1968 wrote:
that would be Marquez' call. Dapudong just have to fall back in line again. :(

another wasted opportunity, a painful truth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:23 am 
Heavyweight

The whole truth about Braveheart warriors is that they force their quite Talented but still raw warrior just to get the Championship title even if they will just lose it on their first defense.
Bakit ba kayo nagmamadali sa titulo Guv. Piñol? They are good in offense but in defense and durability they are as fragile as an egg.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:49 am 
Heavyweight

Filipino fighters besides Pacman, Donaire, and probably Gesta, have been disappointments.

Pacman "opened the doors" for them, but no good returns so far.

More promoters should target USA, rich promoters that is. ALA seems to be the strongest in finance, but weakest in its stable. Braveheart at least is understandable. MP Promotions are also held back by Koncz.

Someone should also heed Bruce McTavish, New Zealand ref, who once commented that the weakness of Filipino fighters in general is the jab - i.e. they usually don't have it or don't know how to use it. ALA on the other hand shows a weakness in stamina.

These people should be changed, or their whole first-tier line-up stable changed, and stop wasting time on hype. Only Milan Melindo is left as a non-loser.
"Longtime ALA trainer Edito Villamor told colleague Ryan Songalia of boxingscene.com, "We have made some adjustments on our training program, physically and mentally," referring to the reported addition of strength and conditioning coach Pio Gerardo Solon"

Continue reading on Examiner.com ALA Gym steps up training methods in push for global recognition - National Filipino Sports | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/filipino-sports ... z1RCPRetS7

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:11 pm 
Heavyweight

no.1fan wrote:
The whole truth about Braveheart warriors is that they force their quite Talented but still raw warrior just to get the Championship title even if they will just lose it on their first defense.
Bakit ba kayo nagmamadali sa titulo Guv. Piñol? They are good in offense but in defense and durability they are as fragile as an egg.

Maybe bro Manny Piñol is not willing to invest in staging some tune up fights for his fighters. Unlike ALA boxers, they have the cash to get some bum mexicans and thais to stage up a fight. Manny Piñol wanted the short route to earn some $$ and he is paying the price anyway after the fight he can go back into writing some articles in Philboxing.com. :D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:32 pm 
Heavyweight

Marquez is too much for Dapudong. Our fighter is not a warrior, he has no heart so no need for rematch. :banghead:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:47 pm 
Heavyweight

no.1fan wrote:

Lack of intelligence in the ring. Penalosa is tough. Pacquiao has amazing speed, power and stamina. Donaire has skills, speed, power and intelligence. Dapudong is OK.I like Gesta and Melindo.Because they are athletic.They can throw combos with ease.Move well etc. If you have speed then there's a lot to work with.I noticed with Boom, Morales, Sonsona and Melligen they are not athletic.I am not saying you have to be.If you're not born with those gifts there's a saying brains over brawn.SO i guess most of these prospect got in trouble for using too much machismo.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:59 pm 
Cruiserweight

Pols71 wrote:
redhorse wrote:
"Da Poor dong" needs to boost his confidence first and fight bums in the Philippines. I think he can put up a good show unlike Bum bum who wins by headbutt stoppage.
:lol:

so many bums in your words... :lol:

Sir redhorse, don't do that you might be mistaken as king of "bums"..look at me i'm branded as "VBUM"..the king of "FLOYDIOTS"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:53 am 
Heavyweight

watch their full replay here. http://forum.philboxing.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=199677

boxing replay? ==>> http://bit.ly/28YVNbY

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:02 am 
Middleweight

WHY NOT! if theirs an interested bigtime promoter surely not in the pelepens but in mexico lets get it on
then grab the opportunity dont bother about tune up figths or short cut
Numero uno wrote:
no.1fan wrote:

Lack of intelligence in the ring. Penalosa is tough. Pacquiao has amazing speed, power and stamina. Donaire has skills, speed, power and intelligence. Dapudong is OK.I like Gesta and Melindo.Because they are athletic.They can throw combos with ease.Move well etc. If you have speed then there's a lot to work with.I noticed with Boom, Morales, Sonsona and Melligen they are not athletic.I am not saying you have to be.If you're not born with those gifts there's a saying brains over brawn.SO i guess most of these prospect got in trouble for using too much machismo.

narito na naman itong mga nag mamarunong na advicer "murag mog ni agig champion kung makasulti kaluod ninyo paminawon oi!"

mersey_side wrote:
Marquez is too much for Dapudong. Our fighter is not a warrior, he has no heart so no need for rematch.
:banghead:

another irresponsible comment or opinion and your crap in boxing try to enroll in pre-school boxing academy

and about the stamina , style , trainers, promoter, money etc.. his handler is knowledgeable enough about all this things and it should be corrected and improve, what their needs are the fan based and moral support and lastly calling the attention of Manny pacman Pacquio through MP Promotion pls help this boxer and also his handler because we all known as we cotabateños help you to regain your stardom here in our province although it is not really big but people embrace you even your coming from a big loss in thailand ( little flashback lng sa wa naka balo )

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:26 am 
Featherweight

Dont let the rematch happen, Dapudong will just get hurt.

Marquez is not in the top tier of boxing and Dapudong is not even in his class, so chances are hel lose again.

No offense, but the championship he won is not close to the big 3 alphabet noodle soup organizations.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:01 pm 
Middleweight

Juannauj wrote:
Dont let the rematch happen, Dapudong will just get hurt.

Marquez is not in the top tier of boxing and Dapudong is not even in his class, so chances are hel lose again.

No offense, but the championship he won is not close to the big 3 alphabet noodle soup organizations.

i already heard that kind of advice during 2001 pacman vs ledwaba fight and what happen a big bandwagon event occur..

i cant really understand why you said dapudong will get hurt????, not even his class, hell loss again 3 alphabet noodle soup organization show me your entire resume and i will respect your opinion. are you with the level of bob arum, schaefer, hbo boxing, showtime executive?