Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:24 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:20 am 
Welterweight

Pacwan wrote:
Quote from the article:
"Pinol revealed that Heredia advised them about Dapudong’s “nutritional requirements” through email and telephone conversations and that Pinol noted “a drastic change following an overhaul of Dapudong’s food intake.”
He said even Dapudong told him he “felt different and no longer sluggish” and this was evident in the short time that the fight lasted."

If this is true and Dapudong only followed the nutritional requirements based on email and telephone, then there's no PEDS involved. Dapudong was able to KO his opponent in round 1 via nutritional adjustments. This might also imply that JMM also followed the nutritional advice of Herredia which disproves the PED theory. No wonder JMM is negative on the tests and is willing to undergo strict testing agains Bradley. Pachuggers pasok! :D

Memo was on JMMs side while on training... Dapuds not. no need to email or phone. maybe instructions on how to use needle? darn..

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:22 am 
Welterweight

depensalang wrote:
Unless proven, one is not guilty

maybe guilty, unless proven otherwise...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:25 am 
Welterweight

MOBs wrote:
kurtcoba-in wrote:
I simply don't agree with heredia... still genius as he was in keeping a secret, as pinol said "a secret" :shock:

I don't get it! Why Mr Pinol call it "a SECRET"? Is there any special formula? :?

coz memo said it right - "it's undetected". if he will tell us the secret, it will be his waterloo...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:42 am 
Lightweight

If there is any hint of heredia's guilt, the feds and all the doping agency should be in heredia's arse right now, the mere fact that he is plying his trade right now means to say he is LEGIT, end of story

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:05 am 
Heavyweight

knockout69 wrote:
If there is any hint of heredia's guilt, the feds and all the doping agency should be in heredia's arse right now, the mere fact that he is plying his trade right now means to say he is LEGIT, end of story

That's like saying there are no drugs in the US.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:13 am 
Cruiserweight

Heredia's secret formula - "Angel Dust."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:18 am 
Heavyweight

Kumbu32 wrote:
Pacwan wrote:
Quote from the article:
"Pinol revealed that Heredia advised them about Dapudong’s “nutritional requirements” through email and telephone conversations and that Pinol noted “a drastic change following an overhaul of Dapudong’s food intake.”
He said even Dapudong told him he “felt different and no longer sluggish” and this was evident in the short time that the fight lasted."

If this is true and Dapudong only followed the nutritional requirements based on email and telephone, then there's no PEDS involved. Dapudong was able to KO his opponent in round 1 via nutritional adjustments. This might also imply that JMM also followed the nutritional advice of Herredia which disproves the PED theory. No wonder JMM is negative on the tests and is willing to undergo strict testing agains Bradley. Pachuggers pasok! :D

Memo was on JMMs side while on training... Dapuds not. no need to email or phone. maybe instructions on how to use needle? darn..

a thousand miles of difference :biglaugh:

To be the one so dog preferred."
- Robert Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:20 am 
Heavyweight

8 in 8 wrote:
Heredia's secret formula - "Angel Dust."

secret whispers through air waves....

- Robert Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:30 am 
Cruiserweight

el critico wrote:
this thread will help cement the pactards' legacy as certified bandwagoners :biglaugh:

Welcome back, E.C. You just don't know how much the Pactards missed you especially your one-liners. We, the Pactards, were so worried about you. We thought you got ran over by an 18-wheeler, or you became suicidal and inhaled that nerve gas, sarin, or a wrecking ball suddenly got loose and smashed your head. Of course, we, the Pactards, don't want any harm happening to you. Hope you're safe, sound, and in one piece (or 2, may be more). :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:33 am 
Welterweight

BlackEagle wrote:
THE BROUHAHA OVER MEMO HEREDIA

By Manny Piñol
PhilBoxing.com
Mon, 17 Jun 2013

Manila (mannypinol.com) - Angel "Memo" Heredia is a name that leaves a bad, to some extent bitter, taste in the mouth of many Filipino boxing fans because of one reason - his involvement in the conditioning of Juan Manuel Marquez for the Mexican's 4th fight against Filipino boxing icon Manny Pacquiao.

It was in the 4th fight when Marquez, badly battered by Pacquiao and definitely losing the fight, connected with a devastating right which knocked out the revered Filipino fighter.

To so many, including myself, the new-found power Marquez was a reason to suspect that Heredia, who in the past was involved in Performance Enhancement Drugs which led to the downfall of such sports stars as Marion Jones, introduced "something" to the Mexican fighter which made him more powerful.

I voiced that suspicion myself and just like many other Filipinos who love Manny Pacquiao, I conjured an image of Memo Heredia as "evil" who may have spiked Marquez's food and drinks with PEDs which led to the loss of the Pacman.

I never thought I would even be associated with Memo Heredia, not even by long distance text messages and emails.

I never did actually. It was a communication established by Reynaldo "Jeff" de Guzman, a long time Pacquiao buddy during his Vagabond Inn days when he was trying to find the pot of boxing gold in California.

Jeff de Guzman's involvement with my boxer Edrin "The Sting" Dapudong, who last Saturday scored a sensational first round knockout over South Africa's Gideon Buthelezi to win the IBO Jr. Bantamweight title, was accidental.

You could call it a twist of fate.

It was trainer Aljoe Jaro who was supposed to work in the corner of Dapudong in South Africa as he did in November when Dapudong lost by a controversial split decision to Buthelezi, which was the reason was a rematch was ordered.

But there was a last minute change as Aljoe was asked to proceed to Dubai for the press conference of Denver Cuello's world title fight against Chinese Champion.

Faced with the problem of finding somebody who did not need a visa to go to South Africa to work in the corner, I called up Jeff de Guzman knowing that he holds a US passport.

So, Jeff and Dapudong left for Johannesburg Monday and I followed Tuesday.

Unknown to me, Jeff was communicating with Heredia, who he has befriended, seeking the latter's advises on how to handle Dapudong's nutritional requirements before and after the weigh in.

The advises worked because even Dapudong himself confirmed that he felt lighter and more agile because of the programmed food and nutritional intake.

As everybody knows by now, Edrin Dapudong knocked out Buthelezi in 2:29 (not 2:39 as earlier reported) of the first round to win the IBO title, the first world boxing title for my province, North Cotabato, and for the Braveheart Boxing Club which I and my brothers own and manage.

Ronnie Nathanielsz' report on Heredia's involvement in the Dapudong preparation immediately raised a lot of eyebrows with some of the detractors even accusing the North Cotabato boxing champion now of using "PEDs" in his fight against Buthelezi.

I am appalled at this reckless and sweeping accusations being aired now and I feel I should share with the public the "secret" nutritional formula which Heredia gave to Jeff de Guzman through email and "WhatsApp."

1. Heredia advised De Guzman to allow Dapudong to take in food and avoid the old practice of really starving the boxers to the point that they are famished;

2. Heredia told De Guzman to be watchful of the water intake and to make sure that the night before the weigh-in, Dapudong must not be given water to avoid weight problems. True enough, Edrin tipped the scale at 114.2 lbs., way below the 115 lbs. limit but he was not famished or very dry.

3. Heredia "overhauled" the old practice, especially by Filipino boxers of gulping down a lot of water and devouring a lot of food, especially rice, right after the weigh in. Instead, he asked De Guzman to measure the water intake because excessive water intake could make the boxer sluggish on fight night he said.

4. For the food after the weigh in, Heredia instructed De Guzman to give Dapudong bananas and apple first and to avoid heavy food. This was followed by a light meal of pasta and sweets consisting ice cream and chocolate cake.

5. Instead of the usual Gatorade which most boxers take right after weigh in, Heredia recommended Hydrites mixed with water.

6. The heavy meal consisting of a huge steak with rice was given to Dapudong at night before he went to bed. Heredia said this would allow the boxer to store the food which will help him regain strength on fight night.

7. Breakfast the following day was light and pasta and vegetables were again given to Dapudong for lunch and bread as snacks before the fight.

For me and for Dapudong, these advises were "revolutionary" because in the practice we have been used to, our boxers would have a feast of beef broth with a lot of soup and rice right after weigh in.

Water intake was unlimited and even salty food was given to the boxers.

Oftentimes in the past, I and the trainers asked ourselves why our boxers would be very slow during the fight, panting and gasping for breath.

What did Dapudong say after the fight?

"I felt light and I was able to move quickly," he said.

This was the result of "Heredia's Secret Nutritional Formula."

It made a lot of sense and it worked for Dapudong. In fact, I instructed Jeff to extend to Memo my "thanks" for his help.

Now, I cannot say that this was the same thing that Heredia did to Marquez or that indeed no PEDs were given to the Mexican.

In as far as Dapudong is concerned, no "PEDs" were emailed or sent through WhatsApp? and my boxer's urine sample will prove this.

It worked for Dapudong and we will do the same routine the next time he fights, with or without Memo Heredia sending the instructions through email or "WhatsApp."

i read this from pinol's article, then if this is the case, all pinoy boxers should follow this formula.. very easy if one's to read it like the story mentioned above

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 am 
Welterweight

PadreDamaso wrote:
By virtue of butthurt Pactardian logic, Dapudong is a Dapudoper :lol:

PEDrin "The Syringe" DapROIDong

EPIC :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:34 am 
Heavyweight

ich wrote:
Blitzky22 wrote:
ich wrote:
via email communication does not mean you cant use PEDs...
there are pre/post-workout formulas that are banned to be used if you are a pro athlete...

Heredia just wrote what supplements to buy...

Ariza do the same thing for Manny in person...

Banned substance or not, athletes takes supplements which can enhance their body for the months of training.

Has anyone tried to use jack3D here?
I am not sure if the ingredients consist of a band substance, but, yeah it gives you the edge...

Tried some Dianabol/Dbol when I was almost a year of lifting weights... stop when I attained my goal.
Now only taking some supplements like muscletech whey protein/amino acids/creatine, etc. from time to time, for maintenance.

Bro Blitz, Dianabol/Dbol no side effects?
I am planning to try some...

I am also a muscletech user... Phase 8 is my protein supplement.

amfness wrote:
I suggest doing some research first before taking those. Dianabol or Dbol is an oral steroid. It has side effects, one mistake and you will mess up your body. Worst thing that can happen is that you won't be able to get it up, and develop gyno or bitch tits. You can't just take it and not take PCT.

Heed my advice and do some research. This is serious stuff.

I was, infact I was guided by a pro and a champion bodybuilder which actually my distant cousin. And that was quite 7 years now, I feel fine.
Agree, serious stuff needs a thorough knowledge.

- Robert Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:44 am 
Heavyweight

What's the magic with Mr. Heredia's secret? Almost all Olympians and professional athletes knows that. How come professional boxers and athlete's in the Philippines doesn't know that normal procedure of food and liquid intake before the weigh in and after?
Are they still eating loads of rice for soup no 5 or beef and lots of water and beer? Kaya pala palpak tayo palagi sa championship mga bobo pala ang mga trainers at conditioning coaches. LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:49 am 
Heavyweight

jjcross wrote:
What's the magic with Mr. Heredia's secret? Almost all Olympians and professional athletes knows that. How come professional boxers and athlete's in the Philippines doesn't know that normal procedure of food and liquid intake before the weigh in and after?
Are they still eating loads of rice for soup no 5 or beef and lots of water and beer? Kaya pala palpak tayo palagi sa championship mga bobo pala ang mga trainers at conditioning coaches. LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:

hahah!

"right" water intake is a big key!
WOW. yon lang pala.....
calling ALA's trainers............ kuha na?

- Robert Frost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 10:50 am 
Heavyweight

"For me and for Dapudong, these advises were "revolutionary" because in the practice we have been used to, our boxers would have a feast of beef broth with a lot of soup and rice right after weigh in."

THIS.
avoid it.

- Robert Frost

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next