Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 9:26 pm 
Heavyweight

Hello Dougie,
I wanted to hear your prediction on Castillo vs Lazcano this coming Sat on the De La Hoya undercard. †Castillo is predicting a knockout, which I just don't see happening against Lazcano's boxing skills. †Can you clear the air for us hardcore boxing fans? What about Pacquiao vs Marquez II? †Who do you pick?†Your biggest fan. - Javier Alba

I’m sure the former WBC champ is in great shape and ready to do damage, but after watching Lazcano go rounds with Shane Mosley, Hector Quiroz and Juan Carlos Rubio in the gym and I can tell you that the ‘Hispanic Causin’ Panic’ is on a mission. I believe that he is the more focused of the two warriors and he is closer to his peak than the Mexican. I think Castillo’s peak was between 2000 and 2001 (when he had his two close decision wins over Stevie Johnston and his first fight with Floyd Mayweather). Lazcano’s time is now and the California-based Texan is boxing better and sharper than ever. I’m picking Lazcano to win by hard-earned decision.

Regarding Pacquiao-Marquez II, I’m in the minority. I believe the Filipino bomber will win the rematch despite the boxing lesson JMM gave him in the majority of rounds of the first fight. Why? Well, I think Marquez fought the fight of his life in that first fight and I believe that Pacquiao could have boxed a better match than he did. So basically I think PacMan can improve on his first performance, while I doubt that JMM can duplicate his.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 4:01 am 
Light Heavyweight

MOST OF THEM NEVER REALIZE WHAT PAC IS GOING THRU! THE NEXT TIME WILL BE FUTILE FOR ANY OF THEM, PAC WILL DEMOLISH WHOEVER WILL BE THE NEXT.... BET ON THIS ONE... THIS IS BIG TIME!!!!!!!

THE PACMAN IS ...VERY..VERY...ANGRRRRYYY

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:16 am 
Welterweight

thanks Mardy...its good that there are some analyst or what we called boxing experts who are not biased and can clearly see who got the edge and who is the real deal.. lets wait until september and im sure he'll not be sorry for the released statement..

:angel:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 6:28 am 
Cruiserweight

deathdealer wrote:
MOST OF THEM NEVER REALIZE WHAT PAC IS GOING THRU! THE NEXT TIME WILL BE FUTILE FOR ANY OF THEM, PAC WILL DEMOLISH WHOEVER WILL BE THE NEXT.... BET ON THIS ONE... THIS IS BIG TIME!!!!!!!

THE PACMAN IS ...VERY..VERY...ANGRRRRYYY

Yes when PACMAN is ANGRY & HUNGRY, he can beat and
humiliate his opponent.

HUNGRY when he fought Ledwaba (won via KO)
Relaxed when he fought Sanchez (DRAW)

HUNGRY when he fought Barrera (won via TKO)
Relaxed when he fought jmm (DRAW)

ANGRY & HUNGRY when he fights jmm in rematch (win via TKO!)

:beer:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:15 am 
Middleweight

yeah men thats right plus the fact na his more focus na!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:31 am 
Middleweight

I like it when Pacman's hungry. He devours big time. I hope he's always hungry boxing-wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:24 am 

"Kahit doon pa sa lugar niya (Marquez) ang laban ay pupuntahan ko siya," said Pacquiao. "Sa susunod na laban namin, magiging balewala ang mga judges. Hindi ko ito paabutin ng 12 rounds."

with this kind of hungry and angry.....wow! "bring them all"!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:20 pm 
Light Heavyweight

mardy j.c wrote:
Hello Dougie,
I wanted to hear your prediction on Castillo vs Lazcano this coming Sat on the De La Hoya undercard. †Castillo is predicting a knockout, which I just don't see happening against Lazcano's boxing skills. †Can you clear the air for us hardcore boxing fans? What about Pacquiao vs Marquez II? †Who do you pick?†Your biggest fan. - Javier Alba

I’m sure the former WBC champ is in great shape and ready to do damage, but after watching Lazcano go rounds with Shane Mosley, Hector Quiroz and Juan Carlos Rubio in the gym and I can tell you that the ‘Hispanic Causin’ Panic’ is on a mission. I believe that he is the more focused of the two warriors and he is closer to his peak than the Mexican. I think Castillo’s peak was between 2000 and 2001 (when he had his two close decision wins over Stevie Johnston and his first fight with Floyd Mayweather). Lazcano’s time is now and the California-based Texan is boxing better and sharper than ever. I’m picking Lazcano to win by hard-earned decision.

Regarding Pacquiao-Marquez II, I’m in the minority. I believe the Filipino bomber will win the rematch despite the boxing lesson JMM gave him in the majority of rounds of the first fight. Why? Well, I think Marquez fought the fight of his life in that first fight and I believe that Pacquiao could have boxed a better match than he did. So basically I think PacMan can improve on his first performance, while I doubt that JMM can duplicate his.

:box:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:28 pm 
Featherweight

mardy j.c wrote:

Yup, that makes a 100% sense to me. A 100% Pac = big trouble for JMM. No matter how skillful a counterpuncher he is, he's gonna get tagged. Only this time Pac will make sure he stays down. :biglaugh:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 2:42 pm 
Cruiserweight

smart pick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 7:32 am 
Light Heavyweight

:oops:

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]