Pacland's Philippine Boxing Forum

Discussion on boxing and other sports, Filipino greats and anything under the sun.
It is currently Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:08 am

All times are UTC + 8 hours

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2004 9:57 pm 
Welterweight

Quote:
nick alejo

Quality of opposition maybe..
Eric has fought some of the best while JMM fought only patsy(Licona), over the hill(Medina), runner (Gainer), not until he fought Pac he never really had any good opposition to add to his resume...He may have two belts but it's like graduating Cum laude from University of Hidden Valleys were only 4 of them were enrolled, one mongoloid who cannot read nor write, one who's too old to get up and take a pee, and another one who missed 3/4's of the semester....look now he's going up against another not so popular boxer (Salido).

Nick,

Swak na swak, I can't help but laugh my heart out. Keep it up my Man!

Champions aren't made in gyms. They are made from deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the last-minute stamina, a little faster, the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.

Muhammad Ali

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:03 am 
Welterweight

I've always said that JMM was the best in the division. Why else would people duck JMM? That was of course until Manny gave him opportunity to face him. He fights at a much more technical level than either Morales or MAB. Morales and MAB are more with power and slugging it out when need be. JMM is more the kind that will sit back and wait and watch your moves. This was shown vs Manny after the 1st rd. Manny did do great vs him, that's no doubt. Hopefully Manny could beat him in a rematch. I don't see any problems then for Manny conquering the division once he gets past JMM. The only sad part to JMM is that he doesn't try hard enough to continue what could be better fights. He faced Manny. Great, he's been seen now. Now he's going back to nobodies. Is that heart or fear being shown? He isn't going to go to the top facing nobodies. I love Manny's face anyone, anywhere attitude. Of course it's his buisness managers that take care of that. At least they don't have to worry about who he's facing :D Cheers! :beer:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:35 am 
Middleweight

piolo_paksiw wrote:
i saw the 2nd fight of morales with mab and i think he's headed for the canvass if he fights pacquiao..i think jmm is a lot better. i cant see the difference of mab and eric's style.. some analyst say morales is better..how come? i cant see any.....

MAB & JMM..HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE. :chainsaw:

:chainsaw: :chainsaw:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

definetly i say bob arum is not only dangerous
but you won't win anytime anyday he is the don of boxing
he's very influential ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 4:38 am 
Heavyweight

unfreesuperman wrote:
Quote:
nick alejo

Eric has fought some of the best while JMM fought only patsy(Licona), over the hill(Medina), runner (Gainer), not until he fought Pac he never really had any good opposition to add to his resume...He may have two belts but it's like graduating Cum laude from University of Hidden Valleys were only 4 of them were enrolled, one mongoloid who cannot read nor write, one who's too old to get up and take a pee, and another one who missed 3/4's of the semester....look now he's going up against another not so popular boxer (Salido).

Nick,

yes! oo nga nadali mo Pareng Nick..Kumusta ka na? How are you doin' my friend?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:10 am 
Welterweight

nick alejo wrote:
piolo_paksiw wrote:
i saw the 2nd fight of morales with mab and i think he's headed for the canvass if he fights pacquiao..i think jmm is a lot better. i cant see the difference of mab and eric's style.. some analyst say morales is better..how come? i cant see any.....

====

MAB & JMM..HIGHWAY TO THE DANGER ZONE. :chainsaw:

:chainsaw: :chainsaw:
baka nag enroll na rin c salido sa university of hidden valleys nung nalaman nyang c arum ang principal... nyahahahahha :bounce:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:42 am 
Light Heavyweight

For me JMM is more dangerous opponent of PACMAN as today morales is just like barrera.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:56 am 
Light Heavyweight

taurused wrote:
for me it's JMM, Barrera and Morales avoided him while Manny Pacquiao gave him hell of an experience in their fight eventhough Pacman fought with injuries. but a 100% conditioned Manny Pacquiao can beat all three of them one by one.

I agree with you Pareng Taurused, Marquez is more dangerous than Morales. We've seen Marquez lasting all 12 rounds against Manny, while Morales split two 12 rounders against against Barrera. Since Both Morales and Barrera never faced Marquez before and Manny annihilating Barrera, I think Marquez will be more challenging for the Pacman.

By the way bro, congrats sa 1, 000th posts mo, ang bigat mo na. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:59 am 

p_montero wrote:
nelsoncm wrote:
Morales is the better all around fighter, I think, but I can't see him any other way to avoid Manny's straight punches except to packbedal while punching back.

I agree, Erik is better and proven more than JMM, but styles makes fight and Erik is better suited for MP like you said.
Para sa akin kung masyadong patagal si JMM, habulin na lang ni Pac kagad itong si Erik bago tumalon sa LW, mas malaki pa ang sahod at kasikatang matatamo.

I agree that El Terrible is the better all-around fighter than Dinamita who's just excellent in counterpunching. But JMM the master counterpuncher that he is will be a much more difficult fight for the PacMan to handle than EM. EM's more of a slugger as the fight progresses as he comes forward and goes looking for the kill...well-suited for Pac's all-out assault. EM will be exposed and be within range to Pac's line of fire. Whereas, a fight with JMM will just be the same as the 1st, he will just wait, wait for Pac to commit and then unleash his deadly counters. Magulang!!!

Post subject: All 3 are
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:28 am 
Middleweight

All of them are defenitely dangerous for Manny especially if Manny doesnt train hard for his fights. But as we all know NOBODY will NEVER beat a 100 percent PACMAN, and thats fo shizzle.

Manny All The Way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:38 pm 
Heavyweight

RaiSpeed_pac wrote:
For me JMM is more dangerous opponent of PACMAN as today morales is just like barrera.

THEY SHOULD HAVE MET JMM BEFORE! MAB VS JMM & MORALES VS JMM. KUNDI LAND IN-AVOID SI MARQUEZ BAKA UNDISPUTED NA SI MARQUEZ! WALA PA NAMAN SI MANNY NOON! KUNG NAGKAGANON BATTLE SCARRED NA SI MARQUEZ AT MEDYO MALAMBOT NA. SIGURADONG NATULOG NA YAN KUNG MAKAHARAP NA NIYA ANG HANDANG PACMAN! I THINK JMM IS THE MOST DANGEROUS OF THE THREE!

:swordplay:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:52 pm 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
taurused wrote:
unfreesuperman wrote:
Quote:
nick alejo

Nick,

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

Last edited by Nikki sixX on Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:53 pm 

Location: Lupang Hinirang - Perlas ng Silanganan - Bayan ni Pacman
taurused wrote:
unfreesuperman wrote:
Quote:
nick alejo

Nick,

=========
Ayos lang kabayang Ed..Eto me bagong GF :bounce1: hehehe..
Si ka Jawo mukhang tahimik at nag babasa basa lang ah..d nag paparamdam..
Light Heavyweight kana ah..mukhang nag hahabulan kayo ni PSO jr. Ingat dyan..

Manny by SD. Floyd will be KD twice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:31 am 
Middleweight

Whos the more dangerous out of all of them? Manny ofcoarse. Hes about to clean the division.

Manny All The Way!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 9:54 am 
Welterweight

I was able to watched a few rounds of that fight...
I should say that Morales has really slowed down and he does not have that
fierce look in his eyes...
I think Morales can trash Marquez without much effort if the fight took place a few years ago...
But of course...
Pac-Man-Ster would trash them both...

:verymad: :gun2:
==============================
BANG! BANG!

Post subject: morales
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 5:34 pm 
Bantamweight

Morales is a slow starter like Barerra and when he happens to fight Manny, he will certainly be KNOCKED OUT.

Marquez is different. He has more power than Morales. But he dont have the heart like Manny to fight great fighters. He's always playing safe.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next